22.10.12

Vacation tales: part 2

Hello again! It's exactly the right time to carry on with my pending holiday stories and this post tells all about the Tuesday before last, October 9 in Pärnu. Honestly, it was a crappy (i.e. too rainy and wet) day but somehow we managed to have a good time anyway. For instance we bought some books and a popular Estonian board/quiz game called "Eesti" and relaxed in a cosy café called Cafe Piano inside the bookstore. Gosh, how wonderful their fresh cocktails are! I think mine was made of strawberries, peaches and kiwifruits but my memory may make a few mistakes.


Anyway, we also did some regular shopping and thrift shopping. Regular stores produced me Pierre René Precision Ink Eyeliner from Rosalind and a cupcake necklace (2.- euros) from Seppälä.
I have used the eyeliner for a couple of times and must point out it's definitely user-friendly. Conjointly it was my very first time to hold a liquid eyeliner in my hands and I believe I was quite successful. Pierre René Precision Ink Eyeliner comes in an ink-pot and in six different shades. The consistency is right as well: not too liquid and not too thick. Oh and the brush is very comfortable for a shaky hand beginner like me. It's also totally affordable (only 5,29.- euros) so I would definitely recommend it!

Very Me Clickit brown Eye Liner and Nature Secrets Shower Gel with Moisturising Aloe Vera & Watermelon originate from my latest, yet untried Oriflame order.

I thrifted the two bracelets from my favourite local thrift store and each cost 0,50.- euros.

But now something about thrifting in Pärnu...
I detected a few goodies from exclusively one thrift store where I gladly left 2.- euros and walked out with even 3 nice pieces: a leopard shirt, a Fransa skirt and a vintage leather purse. When it comes to the bag, I discovered some traces which refer to year 1959 so it's possibly 53 years old - a genuine oldie! Also, perhaps you remember my leaf pattern Fransa top from the post "Orange Autumn"? Completely randomly I came across the second half of my lovely top - the same label, pattern, size, as a matter of fact the perfect match! My fiancé suggested me to take it and so I did. Awesome sauce!


Anyhow, before heading back to our accommodation and the spa and sauna centre at Tervis Medical Spa we decided to dine at a local restaurant. It was an Argentinian steak house called La Boca and we both loved the place. My Caesar salad was wonderful and E. enjoyed his steak, particularly the horseradish salad. Great experience and special atmosphere for sure!


Additionally I promised to tell you more about the spa and sauna centre which was supremely relaxing. For example we ordered some beer and gin from the bar and laid cosily in wicker beds, watching the rainy and gloomy surroundings behind the massive glass wall. Such a divine pastime and I already desperately long for more.

Earlier I mentioned hot Japanese bath which is 41°C so the warmth from the water will stay in your body for quite a while after leaving the bath. Right next to the Japanese bath was the partially quite chilly but very refreshing massage shower. Besides steam bath (also hamam or the Turkish bath) we enjoyed the eucalyptus aroma sauna where the temperature can rise to 70-80°C. It improves your health with natural essential oils made from plants and herbs. And then there was the salt sauna where your entire body is rubbed down with sea salt. But I'm going to stop now because otherwise I'm making myself jealous and maybe you too, my readers.


thrifted H&M blazer | thrifted Ralph Lauren polo shirt | Guess leggings | thrifted Pertti Palmroth shoes | pearl jewellery bought in 2009.

All in all even a rainy day can turn out great and October 9 was a perfect example of that. We completed the day playing the previously purchased board game and it was hilarious because most of the quiz questions were crazy difficult and we could just laugh and wonder about our answers.
So after all that talk I hope you enjoyed the snapshots too!

49 comments:

  1. I really fell in love with the vintage bag you found.. Too bad we don't have enough time to find thrift stores of Tallinn, since there's only 3 hours before heading back to the ship. But we have some great ones locally, too.

    Lovely cocktails! & food, that restaurant looks really lovely and cozy.

    Thank you for all the comments. Your decorations sound really nice, I might have to look for some pumpkins at local markets (but I think they're not very common here..) They sure would make a lovely decoration!

    My lace top was a sale item, so I guess they're ran out or all of the shops don't have same items? I think I've seen similar ones at Vero Moda.. And that wine colour is in fashion, so I bet you'll find pieces with that shade anywhere. :)

    Have a nice Monday. :)

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those drinks look awesome and I love that brown bag! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drinks and the food look so delicious! I love your new leopard shirt and bag!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks so yummy! You took great photos. Love your new finds as well. :)


    Wish & Wear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning pics! And You look so so pretty! ;*

    Would you like to follow each other?:)
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice, clean look - so polished and I love the touch of elegance with those pearl necklaces.
    I recently bought myself some makeup goodies too :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...........your hair is insanely amazing. Super cute blog! Happy I found you!

    http://slidingdrawersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cocktail looks so good...makes me want to grab it :) Love your vintage bag. I love vintage shopping--great for unique pieces. Love outfit and picture dear :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  9. maiken, i did enjoy those snapshots! :) that spa does sound relaxing, especially the salt scrub. the cocktails look refreshing. i am envious of your leopard print find. i bet you are delighted with your 1950's purse. how serendipitous that you found the exact same leaf pattern as the top! i like the atmosphere of the restaurant with the paintings on the wall too. i look forward to seeing your grandmother's homegrown pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cocktail and dinner look wonderful! I really enjoy your vacation photos! They're a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, the spa and all the treatments sound heavenly! I am beyond jealous. I've been dying to go to one for awhile now. Maybe soon. That cocktail looks good and I'm glad you found a great liquid eyeliner. What a great vacation you had despite the gloomy weather. :)

    P.S. Thanks for checking out my Firmoo review. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to do one. Maybe in the future!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Twitter | Facebook | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love rainy days! You can do so much on a rainy day, without all the annoying people around you. Plus it brings all sorts of nostalgic emotions ^_^ Glad to see you had a wonderful time, and so jelly about the spa ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowww...wonderful spa and treatments, the cocktail and dinner look so delicious! Love the accessories! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin’? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn the cocktails look so delisious <33 Great pics, dear! If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest outfit :)

    http://mademoiselle-s-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cocktails look so yummy and so does your dinner. I can't wait to see the bag in an outfit post! We have had nothing but rain yesterday and pretty much all of today and tmrw...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mm kõlab nii mõnusalt! ja kott on ka äge leid! ja muidugi eesti mäng on kohustuslik igas peres - seda on nii vahva mängida pluss teadmiste poolest kasulik :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meil on mini-versioon sellest mängust, aga samas täiesti piisav. ja küsimused on kohati muidugi väga ulmelised, nii-et kõhulihaste treenimiseks super võimalus :D

      Delete
  17. The cocktails look absolutely delicious! And I love how you write about your trips -so interesting and fascinating! You look absolutely stylish and chic on those photos!Love the shoes

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kus see kaltsukas asub? olen ise kohalik pärnust, aga ei ole sellist kullaauku veel avastanud :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see oli Rüütli tänaval ilmselt, aga majanumbrit ma küll öelda ei oska.. minu meelest olid seal mingisugused sildid abi jagamise kohta, st selline kiriku-teemaline koht. ja mitte Port Arturi poolses Rüütli tänava otsas, vaid just seal teises, kaugemas otsas. loodetavasti leiad, kuigi see seletus on veidi kahtlase väärtusega :D

      Delete
  19. Your cocktail looks and sounds so yummy,strawberries and kiwi?! yum.
    I love the sound of that eye liner,sounds perfect,liquid eye liner can be tricky to use,its fab that it turned out great,I remember when I first used it,it was hurendous :D I had wonky lines everywhere.
    The japenese bath sounds wonderful and massarge shower,I really want to try out a spa sometime,Ive never been and Id love nothing more than to just relax and get pamperd :D
    I love your sophisticated look,very smart and chic,and love the pop of colour x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog!
    Would you like follow each other?
    Write on my blog if you want...
    Anthea
    www.antheafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what cocktails! They look delicious!
    And that bag seems very nice, a true vintage jewel! Well done!
    Concerning your comment on my blog, I don't think you need to follow an idol but it is someone you look up to. Maybe mine could be Audrey Hepburn as she followed her own path and did good. And the Dalai Lama. Actually I appreciate all people with a strong personality and will.
    Oh is the credit card thing a conscious choice?
    H&M will be there, don't worry, but in the meantime you can visit H&M in Helsinki :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your outfit looks fabulous! I also liked that gorgeous purse. Not mentioning those cocktails! No wonder you made a few mistakes:-)
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seriously, your whole vacation just looked and sounded amazing! AND that purse is gorgeous!!!!
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. First of all, I love your new blog design, very pretty! Secondly, that cocktail looks yummy and the restaurant you ate at looks like my kind of place! Very pretty business outfit, you look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really enjoy this kind of post you always make! Especially loving the black and white shoes and the yummy cocktails!!! ;)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. rainy days are a perfect excuse to shop!! i love that purse that you thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it. You have great blog! <3

    Would You like to follow each other?
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. That strawberrie cocktail looks very delicious...!
    And great findings, btw.

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful pics..and I really love your blog. I follow you now and I would like follow each other...kisses.
    Martha Zuñiga
    www.suenosycaramelosstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the new look hun!! Your blog is beautiful. and these pictures are especially beautiful too. What a charming little place! your outfit is so classy too. That blazer fits you so well.

    Shabby Apple Giveaway @ The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a classy and chic look! love the suit! :D so fierce :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW M, you look so sleek. I love this look - it reminds me of Kate Middleton's style....which is my favourite kind of style! :) Those cocktails at the beginning look pretty choice as well.

    Couture Caddy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. As always, beautiful photos!!!!! Love the thrifted bracelets that you've bought and love your classy outfit!!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah thqat makes me so sad too that it's never international! I'm sorry! :( if I ever get an offer to do an international giveaway you will be the First I tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. love this pics and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. i seriously adore your outfit!
    polo tee with a formal blazer-superbe!

    love
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  37. mmmm/// yammy cocktails and your accessory look fab!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your take on the smart casual look, dear! Very professional and chic. I also like the rural vibe of the pictures. Nothing beats a good vacation in the province :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. great post!!! i follow you now ;)
    i would love to follow me back because love your blog!!
    kisses
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. the cocktail looks delicious!! nice place, and great picts! loving your casual and chic outfit <3

    xx,
    Missing Bee

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing purchases! The necklaces are so awesome! And your outfit is great as usual :)

    Kisses.

    www.pollysboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. The drinks look so pretty and yum!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are just adorable and I love how you describe your delight in things...the small things make you so happy. I swear you two are soulmates. I suck at eyeliner...still practicing. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete