7.11.12

Substitutional Sunshine

Get the logo!

Hello again, Y'all!
As early as dozens of weeks ago, on the 11th of October awesome Vivienne of Thrifted Shift nominated me for the Sunshine Award. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it really made my day joyful. Thank you very much!
Conjointly I promised to answer all her 10 questions and here it comes, the collection of my ideas and reactions (better late than never, right?)...
and of course before everything - the rules:

I How often do you get new items and get rid of old ones?
I can't be thoroughly certain what do you mean by new items but when it comes to thrifted goods (generally clothes, more seldom footwear), then more or less once a week and fully new things (including household goods but generally not clothes) perhaps once or twice a month. On the other hand I can get rid of old ones even every week, depending on my mood and possible desire to tidy up.

II Do you wear shoes that hurt?
Naturally I have done that and I'm afraid I also will in the future but only temporarily - self-torture is usually not my goal.

III What are your shopping rules?
1. Thrift shop as much as possible!
2. Full prices at regular stores are pointlessly high so try not to leave your money there!
3. Wait for seasonal discounts!
4. Be determined and don't reward yourself with nonsense!

IV Do you keep clothes that don't fit for sentimental value?
For sentimental value? Clearly not since I'm too far from being sentimental.

V Name three things you think will be obsolete in ten years.
Hopefully all that i-crap (pad, phone, whatever), bad case fashion madness and electric cars.


VI Would you rather be rich or famous?
Definitely rich since there are ridiculously many famous people anyway and to be honest I don't believe in fame - it's too shallow. But even for the time being I'm not actually complaining about anything significant.

VII What's your favourite way to celebrate?
Decent champagne (or beer) + delicious snack. Though celebrating is something I don't do very often.

VIII What are you thankful for today?
Today I'm thankful for the fact that Christmas holiday will be 5 sequential days long. Like a much needed mini vacation!

IX What can you always be found with?
That's a tough one! I guess the correct answer would be "a random pair of earrings" because I always wear at least one pair, even when I'm washing or sleeping.

X So you win a pet monkey at a fair but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want... from getting a beverage out of the fridge to washing your hair. What would be the trick?
That's so easy! The trick would be perfectly cleaning my whole house: first floor + second floor + basement floor!


Now I want to pass on this award to some of the ladies whose blogs and feedback always stand for warm sunshine in my eyes and thoughts:

- Allison of A's Fashion Files;
- Elisabeth of Dragonfly;
- Joyce of Joyful Outfits;
- Kayleigh Jean of Kayleigh Jean;
- Linda of trendy teal;
- Norah of cococherry;
- Satu of . Indie by heart;
- Teddi of Honeybee Lane.


And here are my questions for you, ladies!
I Are you pleased with your current job and/or studies? If not, what would you change?
II How important is fashion to you?
III How many blogs do you read regularly?
IV How often do you use your ID (Identity) Card?
V Name the last piece of clothing or accessory you bought.
VI Name three of your best thrift finds.
VII What is your favourite holiday?
VIII Which group(s) and/or singer(s) do you like?
IX Which TV shows do you watch on a regular basis?
X You and junk food. What kind of relationship do you have?

I really, really hope Y'all (Norah, you too, hehe ;) can find the time to answer because I worked so hard to create those 10 questions. And to illustrate this otherwise text-rich post I've chosen some nice examples of my photography, everything taken only in October. As you can see we experienced bright sunshine, decent rainfalls, winter fog and even our first, exciting snow here in Estonia. I hope you enjoy my creation, dear readers, and let me know what you think :)

ps. I additionally participated in Style Imitating Art challenge where you imitate a painting by using your outfit - whether it's the sortment of colours, textures or lines. The painting was Jeune fille en vert (Young Girl in Green Dress) by Tamara de Lempicka and to see my outfit and many other shades of green, click here.

51 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww, I am SO honored you included me girl! Your comments always bring a ray of sunshine to my day too :) You're always so thoughtful and kind.
    I really enjoyed reading this post and finding out more about you. And TOTALLY agree with you on the rich or famous question. Ha, rich, definitely!
    I shall squeeze your questions into a future post for sure ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. These types of posts are always very fun to read because some of the answers are so surprising - for example, I thought I was only one who was sick of iPad/Phone/TV/Pod, etc. So glad we share that opinion!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award, girl! You totally deserve it. I had fun reading your answers. I love your answer on the pet monkey question. That's probably what I would do too! :D

    P.S. Thanks for checking out my PLL post! Who doesn't love PLL? I can't wait for it to come back. As for my Halloween costume, I posted a pic on Facebook. If you have an account, you can check it out there! Or on my Twitter (I don't think you need an account there to view my photos).

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Twitter | Facebook | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations dear with your award! Sunshine is a good word to match you;)And I always like to read your answers on all different questions. the photos you've posted are beyond fantastic as always. And how cute is your dog!!!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations dear!
    Love dog and rabbit pics <3
    I'm your 398 follower, if you like my blog too I'm waiting for you :)
    Xoxoxo

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. maiken, these photos are beyond spectacular! they are a glimpse into the way you see the world, with your beautiful eye, & point of view. i feel honored that you included me in the sunshine award. i can't promise i'll answer right away, but when i do, i will send a you a link to my post. oh, & you look glorious in the style imitating art challenge. i looked at it last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shopping rules, I think style doesn't need to come from spending a lot of money :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rabbit!
    wish you a great evening!
    xx
    share the feeling
    visit <3
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you sweet Maiken for the nomination!
    And concerning your comment: I think one of the unique features of Helsinki is the light and its different forms in the city!
    I would like to see your light blue/silver snake print pants!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  10. issand, Maiken!! :D ma nüüd naersin kõva häälega :D ehk teisisõnu, made my evening ja muidu oleks ilmselt mu päeva meidinud, aga ma alles nüüd nägin seda üllatust. suur aitäh! auhinnad on nii toredad, motiveerivad ja südantsoojendavad, kuigi ma neist eraldi postitusi siiani teinud pole. a sa kohe nii personaalselt tõid välja, et mul oleks piinlik tegemata jätta, nii et ma katsun selle ette võtta millalgi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ma arvan ka, et võiksid ükskord selle asja ette võtta ;) sul on kindlasti random pilte ka, mida teksti vahele sokutada, nii-et hopp-hopp! näpud tööle! (soovitatavalt veel sel aastal) :D

      Delete
    2. tjah, ega seda aastat polegi palju jäänud tõesti :D igatahes eks ma annan oma parima!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on the award! Very exciting! The photos are breathtaking!!!!!!
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the award! Liked your answers of the shopping rules. I might take them into consideration ;) Thank you.

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW did you take all these?! They belong in a magazine!!! What camera/lens do you use?



    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, it was pleasant to read your answers! I hate those insects but as usual I love the pictures haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! and I love your answers, they are fun, honest and just plain relatable :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi darling! Thank you so much for your kind words. Having blogger friends like you really makes such a big difference, thank you! :)
    Also, congratulations to you on winning the sunshine award! I bet we could all do with a bit of sunshine in our lives! :) And congrats to the nominated blogs as well :)

    I loved your answer to the monkey question - i totally agree! that would be soo handy haha! and i like your way of celebrating too haha! yum :)

    I love the green flower photo (is that a flower, or what is that? :P haha!) and the 3 winter ones the most!!!! the first winter one is breathtaking and the deer! ahh! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your award! Nice to get to know you better through your answers!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the award! I agree that I would rather be rich than just famous,,,you are under too much scrutiny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your award!! And thanks so much for the nomination! You are too sweet! I love that you would have your fair monkey clean your house- that sounds amazing! ;)

    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    P.S. Don't forget to enter my Fossil Vintage Revival Bag Giveaway! :)
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. these photos are sooo amazinggg! and congrats on the award, babe ;) btw, "Thrift shop as much as possible!" - AMEN!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Maiken! Amazing pics!!! Have a fabulous day!xoxo

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats darling!! U DESERVE THIS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some gorgeous photos and cool info! Love it! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats for the award, girrl!! You definitely deserve it! :D I just want to add that thrifting is the best thing ever invented! xD

    The Krystel Book

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent answers! I especially like the monkey one! You definitely deserve the award! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice capture

    anyway, love ur blog. so I just followed u,
    mind to follow each other? :)

    XOXO

    http://sunkissedqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the award! Lovely blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your award, very well deserved! Loved getting to know you better! Have a great weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you Maiken for your kind comment on my blog, I'm happy you liked my post!
    As tradition says, I'll spend my Christmas at my mom's place here in Helsinki. She lives some five kilometers from me so it's not a long way :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for stopping by my blog, now following you on GFC (#400!! congrats)please folliow me as well :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. what great photos! you are so good that you get rid of stuff every week. i am not so great at that but trying to get better. for a while i was thrifting every week but lately i haven't gotten the chance :(

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fine and delicate details of style!

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is such an amazing post, there is so much inspiration, love the pics!
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    thanks for sharing!

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know! 
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  34. Did you take the last picture Maiken? I TOTALLY love it!!!!!!!!! :D

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just stunning. Your photos of nature are breathtaking! Loved learning more about you :)

    Couture Caddy x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome pics and congrats on the award. I rather be rich too :-D
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  37. congrats and amazing photos! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations for the award! haha if I had a pet monkey, I would also want it to clean too :) And thank you for the award! I'll do it in a future post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG....I love your photos. Especially the bunny one. So mega cute. And Im with you on the pet monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! Wow I would love to see your colorful Christmas decorations! No decorations before December? But then there is less than a month of waiting, haha!
    Don't miss the necklace competition on my blog!


    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely to know a bit more about you. Congrats on the award. The last three images are so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats on your award doll and yes I'm with you I rather be rich than famous

    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  43. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats! you have an amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for tagging me ! Now I'm going to answer to these questions ;) Too bad I wasn't able to finish the previous ones, but now I'm writing them IMMEDIATELY ;)

    Thank you for the comments ! ^^ Have a lovely weekend.

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hiya Maiken, wow I've missed out on so many posts,going to catch up on them now! :) Thank you so much for passing this award on to me,I will certainly post it on my blog,I have a few posts lined up so will do it asap.I like how you've included beautiful photos in this post,especially Elvis! :D Giving me some ideas for mine x ...

    ReplyDelete