18.12.13

Another Oriflame haul

Hey, everyone! :) I hope you all spent a delightful third Sunday of Advent. And did you notice how incredibly imperceptibly Christmas Eve is sneaking in? Merely 6 more days and it's already here! Unbelievable,isn't it? But as a free bonus blissful Christmas time also stands for a wonderful 6-day long mini vacation for me. And I will start year 2014 with a cosy 3-day long weekend so how awesome is that? Honestly, I'm already daydreaming about this great luxury :)

But let's carry on with some six essential beauty products I ordered from Oriflame (link) and received last Wednesday:
Fairy City Lights Eye Pencil (shade - Black Shimmer) -

limited edition retractable eye pencil that glides on smoothly for a creamy, velvety texture and shimmering pearly finish. I've been testing it persistently since last Thursday I think and it's perfect for someone who's rather lazy highly impassive when it comes to make up (that's me, obviously!). It doesn't require a super steady hand but still is effective and really does its job.


I also have a Fairy City Lights EDT that contains a fresh green accord, juicy wild strawberries, soft and feminine jasmine, candy apple and sweet toffee scent. Smelling it is addictive and it's one of my two current favourite perfumes by the way. And you're going to see both of my favourites when you keep on reading. Which one is your current favourite in the world of perfumes?

Essentials Lip Balm with Almond Oil -
this silky and softening balm with vitamin E and natural almond oil is a perfect winter lip balm. It protects, helps the lips avoid drying out and smells delicious. It's probably the silkiest lip balm I have ever owned :)


Aqua-Rhythm Intense Hydration Youth Preserve Tinted Moisturiser (shade - Natural Beige) -
according to Oriflame it's a tinted moisturiser that instantly restores a healthy glow to tired, dull skin. Contains ingredients that won't clog pores. Also with hydro-protect complex and shea butter to leave skin amazingly soft and comfortable. Can replace Day Cream.

So, since I didn't have a decent day cream anyway I decided to give it a go and after a few days I can say it blends in with my skin like a charm, covers some rather delicate imperfections (like slight redness) and indeed successfully replaces a regular day cream. I'm loving the mild texture and the discreet but pleasantly present smell that reminds me of my Oriflame Optimals Skin Youth night cream.


Nature Secrets Soap Bar, Exfoliating Shower Gel and Hand Cream with Energising Mint & Raspberry -
I could not believe beauty products with raspberry can have such a natural and refreshing (and addictive!) scent so I keep on sniffing the shower gel over and over again :P Hand creams and shower gels are probably my most used everyday beauty products anyway which means I just can't have too many of those, especially the ones with wonderful scent.



And last but not least, since I'm haulin' anyway I also wanted to share something my parents brought me from their recent trip to Spain: my favourite mascara (link) since forever, oh so sweet and tempting Elie Saab Le Parfum EDP (I tried it in the first place as a joke because I'm driving a Saab but unintentionally fell in love and here we are now - happily together!) and one or two more touristy goodies. And when it comes to tourists I made a big and important step towards being one as early as next year ;)


By the way, next time I can show you an outfit again, in addition to a routine haul because last Saturday we finally took a quick trip to our capital town Tallinn and well, obviously I shopped a little :) But for the time being browse those almost utterly material shots and.. enjoy! :)

29 comments:

  1. It was so nice to read about your Oriflame purchases again - it's really common for you but I've never made order myself. But have tried out some gifts from family, and so far loved everything. My mum used Yves Rocher when I was growing up so that's been part of my adulthood "beauty hauls" too. :)

    Thank you for the sweet comment! x Will reply under my own post again asap. ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those candles are sooo beautiful! love the idea of lighting in different colors thanks to the cover! And the Elie Saab perfume.. no words ;)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the elie saab perfume smells wonderful. And those candles are really pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, those colorful candles are so cute! Great haul and review as always.
    I know, I can't believe how fast Christmas is sneaking up on us!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oriflame is pretty big in Russia, but frankly I've never used it. Though now I'm curious to try after your post:)
    I have exact the same perfume from Saab. I like the smell but I'm for years stuck with Givenchy Very Irresistible perfume and can't use anything else, addicted;)

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wonderig about those Nature products. They look like something for eating O_o
    And hooray for Christmas vacations! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i didn't know elie saab had a perfume!? agh gotta try that, i love elie saab :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for new goodies! I've tried out that mascara, and it really is quite good!

    Mili from Call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful close-up images. I love Clinique and have tried their mascara before, it's been a while since I bought more. Lovely set of items! Wishing you a joyful weekend and coming holiday dear. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, first of all hello :) and then second, sorry that I didn't come here last week - you can imagine how crazy everybody is because you are right - Christmas is knocking on the door!!!! I have to say, I loved your previous post pictures (I love braids!) and in black and white! As I also love now loads of things you showed! Clinique mascara - I simply looove it! Eye pencil? Any eye pencil is special, I love them! As wel as I need a lip balm so much right now! Nothing seems to help me. Anything with strawberries in it has my attention :) I really love the smell of strawberry, let alone if it makes skin and hair shine! I am so much looking forward to seeing your trip to the capital and of course, the things you bought! I will try to write next week - I definitely have a funny post for Monday, but if I don't do it before the new year, I'd like to say that getting to "know" you was one of the highlights of the year, cause you are so sweet and beautiful inside and outside! You are precious, believe me! I am sure you know that! Have a great Christmas time with your family! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so true, it's almost unbelievable that Christmas is just around the corner and the year is almost over...
    anyway the Nature Secrets set is so cute... i want to try it! thanks for sharing.

    xo, Carla
    www.CarlaViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, what a lovely haul! I love the subtle shimmer of the eyeliner--haha I'm totally the same way and struggle with holding a steady hand. Lucky for me, I don't wear makeup often, but I do love me some good eyeliner every now and then. That nature's secrets collection looks amazing! Exfoliating shower gel is the best! And so sweet of your parents to get you your fave mascara. I love those arsty candles as well. Oooh, I'm dreaming of your vacation for you too. That sounds amazing! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Haul. All the products look awesome.
    Follow each other GFC/Bloglovin?
    Do leave a comment when you follow and i'll follow you right back.
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love raspberry scents, I'm obsessed with raspberries - the taste, the smell, the color, everything! I need this shower gel and cream and all of it!!:D I'm really intrigued about your manicure, I can see a glimpse of it in the second shot.:)

    Hope you had a phenomenal weekend, babe. Maybe doing some more shopping?;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want one of those candles as well! <3 I've seen them in the stores but I haven't got my own piece yet. That Elie Saab perfume sounds wonderful as well! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment about my dresses!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great finds! I especially love the shower gel, the kind that smell good are the best, haha! And wow the candle is sooo cool, love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maiken,

    I always trust your advice when it comes to reviewing beauty products...the day cream is it like a BB cream? I was sold on it especially when you mention it had Shea butter in it. I am HUGE fan of Shea butter. Also is it sold in the U.S.? I've been looking for some different moisturizers..and I am hoping to find one soon.

    Loved the review!!

    I hope you are having an awesome start to a beautiful week pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check this link http://global.oriflame.com/landing.jhtml?landing=/V3 to see the countries where they sell Oriflame products :) but I can't say whether it's like a BB cream because I haven't had one. it definitely moisturises, is very lightweight and covers too but only slightly which means it's more suitable for someone with rather good skin. by the way, it's cute that you love shea butter and I have always liked your name, too ;)

      Delete
  18. those candles are so beautiful!

    -Tallia
    trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Maiken,

    If you don't "speak" on our blogs with each other before Christmas, I want to wish you the most wonderful Christmas time with your family and friends!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog!! Merry christmas!!
    Can we follow each other on gfc/bloglovin?

    Enter the international giveaway;
    http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/2013/12/rosegal-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful round up of products! I love Nature Secrets products esp the fact that it has a raspberry scent :)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Almond Oil for more reasons than one! These products seem amazing and the candles look lovely!
    Happy Holidays!
    xoxo,

    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice review with good products.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The high definition pictures of your swatches really help a lot, keep up the wonderful blogging :)

    www.anniepop.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Merry Xmas Maiken. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how I love those candles bottles or whatever the name is lol, they are super cute! Nice haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those Nature Secrets products look incredible! Totally looking those products up, thanks for the rec :)

    The Indie Byline

    ReplyDelete
  28. My dear Maiken, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family and that you will celebrate a wonderful new year today, too! It has been a busy holiday season for me so I haven't had as much time to read blogs as I would have liked and I've missed your posts! I always love reading about the amazing deals you find - I only know Oriflame from your blog but each time you write about it, I am more interested to experience it for myself. I wish you a wonderful year in 2014 and I can't wait to read about where you're going to be a tourist!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete