4.3.14

Long overdue

Hey and Happy March! I'm going to start today's post with a big bold "thank you!". Your sweet and caring words definitely cheered me up and made me smile. You're the best. And of course I know every situation or challenge in our lives has a reason and a solution. That's what I strongly believe in. But moving on with the post now before it gets way too poetic and overly dramatic...


Therefore, February 23 was a routine trip day because our master bedroom that currently is under large-scale repairs was in great need of a brand new laminate flooring. In addition to the oak shade laminate we also purchased a pitch black curtain rod and already slightly browsed numerous different curtains too but couldn't completely decide yet.

We'll just deal with it later, as soon as the whole room is pretty much complete. But one thing is for sure - we want to finish up before our long-awaited sunny holiday arrives and believe me when I say I'm already seriously itching to pack my suitcase and catch the plane!


Anyway, once again I was not capable of avoiding sale shopping which means I can show you two new and useful goodies that were too cheap and... as I said, too necessary to miss. Well, at least I believe myself when I say it. So, the greyish sweatshirt comes from Seppälä, costs merely €3 and has a beautiful pattern. Plus it was the only one left in my size. Destiny? I honestly believe so :) But the second finding is a cute pack of socks that costs €2.99 and comes from Lindex. By the way, the package and the socks, both are extra cute so I definitely must keep the red striped box too.


Now, when you look at my darkish outfit you can for instance see those two fresh kids' goodies I showcased in my previous ancient blog post. But you can also see the exquisite Design Domi leather bracelets I won from Elisabeth's blog Dragonfly (link) already last December.

The name Design Domi comes from Dominika Montonen-Koivisto, a lovely Finnish lady who successfully is behind the whole thing. She creates everything by herself so each and every piece is full of love and uniqueness and you can visit her beautiful web page/online store here.


I picked the Jungle Pearl "Brown Snake" leather bracelet which is a brilliant combination of snake texture soft leather and a freshwater pearl. Its price is €45 and if you desire one for yourself just click here to get it. But picture that! Domi was kind enough to send me another gorgeous brown leather bracelet in my favourite shade of brown as a bonus! And I also got one of her beautiful postcards. It says "If you never try, you'll never know" and the Japanese rose inspired picture was taken in the little village called Lapinjärvi in Finland by Domi herself. You can get your own from her online store here. Thank you, Domi!

Lindex earrings, necklace and belt | Design Domi leather bracelets | Jimmy Hunger tee | thrifted KappAhl denim shirt | thrifted Gina Tricot pants | thrifted boots.

All in all I hope you enjoyed today's miscellaneous and overdue post and the photos. My only sensible explanation for being late with my post again is the fact that our weekends have turned into a crazy busy madhouse and all my blogging and other schedules are completely smashed. But as always, you let me know what your thoughts are! And see you next time!

27 comments:

  1. hey dear! what a nice look! i love your necklace so much!
    how are you?
    kisses
    Maren Anita

    giveaway: 100 € voucher
    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to read this blog post and see the bracelet you chose from Design Domi when you won my giveaway :) I'm so thrilled over the fact that it is so you, so different from the one I picked. It's so nice that the company offers something for all styles!
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog Maiken, and enjoy spring with the bracelet :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Elisabeth! :) and while writing this post I forgot to mention how perfect those bracelets will be during summertime next to tanned skin. I will definitely combine them with the turquoise Digidi bracelet I also won from your blog's giveaway :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Maiken, happy to read from you again :)
    I hope are off to well-deserved holidays soon. Renovations suck, I know ;o !!! You look great tho, and love your outfits - you are way better to spot interesting stuff from Finnish brands than I :D. Look at the bracelet!
    x Lara Lizard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not before May, unfortunately. so, approximately two months to wait... but I'm sure we can do it! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hey hey...those leather bracelets are super cute. Socks also look interesting...but...um...well, you know I'm not a fan of socks overall....hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes I know :D and your comment totally made me laugh :D

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, Maiken, and happy March! I'm glad to hear that your sunny holiday is coming up soon but in the meantime it sounds like you're keeping busy with your home renovations. It's nice you're always able to do a little bit of shopping for yourself when you go looking for things for your home - I love the sweater you picked up, and I have to agree that it was meant to be yours. I can't wait to see you wear it!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. That leather bracelet was an excellent choice! I love how it's classy yet has a subtle edge because of the texture :)
    Hope your weekends slow down or you at least adjust to them!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Maiken for your kind birthday wishes on Facebook! Concerning your comment on my blog, well, the traditional way is to first celebrate my birthday with my family, then privately with my boy and then also with friends :) I'll let you know how it went this year. I don't think this is any major birthday so I won't arrange a party this year.
    Yeah, you're right, one can use a jutebag just for about everything, it's so handy!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, can't believe socks can come in a fancy box like that! :D Definitely a keeper!
    Happy to hear you're planning a sunny vacation, can't wait to see what you're going to visit ^_^
    The leather bracelet is fantastic! I love the shade of brown and the gorgeous pearl. And it suits you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool items and congrats with work done

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely denim look! And what a gorgeous set of jewelry you've got -- especially the beautiful and unique pieces from Design Domi :) Lovely.

    I wish you all the best with the renovation. All this hassle is totally worth it when everything is completely done :) Part of me yearns for project like that .. There's so much I / we could do with this place if it just was our own :)

    x Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Satu :) renovation is tough but yes, the outcome is definitely worth waiting for. fresh look is always the best look I think :)

      Delete
  11. It seems like it all spring now in Estonia! I'm glad that your gloomy winter moods are over and you're happily looking into the spring. Love your accessories dear Maiken. The bright necklace adds just a right amount of colour. And the bracelet is such a perfect mix of rough and sweet

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to see a post from you! Sounds like you have been quite busy. I think those bracelets are so unique, and probably one of my favourite pieces here. I think they would be versatile for many occasions. Great choice! :)
    Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post. I love your pictures, especially of that bracelet you got. Wonderful blog, can't wait to see more :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh im loving that leather wrap bracelet! :D the combo of the delicate pearl and tough leather is a nice contrast! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Maiken,glad to hear your spirits are higher,hope youve had a lovely weekend.Your room sounds like its coming along nicely,must be exciting repairing and decorating. I love those cute little socks you bought,and such cute packaging they come in. What a lucky win too,that bracelet is stunning,and even more special as its hand made,knowing its been made personally and carefully,and how sweet to of sent you another one.
    Anyways you look gorgeous as always and I hope your doing well. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maiken,

    Happy March to you too pretty girl!! Making repairs to the master bedroom, working full time, and blogging…you are too awesome. I don't think I could handle all that..you are very strong my friend.

    I love the bracelet and I love the quote that she sent you with it. Loving the pictures…your photos are always flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pretty leather bracelet and your pink statement necklace is so cool! Great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow love your denim look, and especially the leather wrap bracelet!! Happy March Maiken! Glad our comments cheered you up dear ;)

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look, the jeweleries add the perfect touch to the outfit !
    And I love the socks box, so cute!

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for all your kind support on my blog! I'm happy that you liked my bracelets!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so great ! I like your look.
    I am following you now!
    xx
    ambertii.blogspot.co.uk
    maybe you will like it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Complimenti per il blog, bell'outfit, baci Angelichic

    http://www.angelichic.com

    ReplyDelete