3.4.14

Colour Bomb

Hello and happy April!
Suddenly another month has swished by and the first quarter of 2014 is over for good. But I'm definitely not complaining since already the next month, sweet May, is going to be the long-awaited (and hopefully magnificent) month of our sunny escape aka vacation. Roughly 40 long and excruciating days to hold on till that though. :)


And for the time being we must cope with the ever so moody Estonian weather. One day we have utterly springlike +10°C and the next day will treat us with sharp air and lousy temperatures around 0°C, and that's not all - the oh so sweet crisp nights offer up to -7 fabulous °C. But oh well, that's life.


At least I have those incredibly sunny outfit photos I promised to share. We took them on March 22 and that's what I wore while grocery shopping for last week. And since several of you were eager to see my brown booties in action then here they finally are in full swing. The forest green blazer is a thrift shop finding gotten from my mom and that colourful tunic is actually a huge (size 48!!!) blouse but you're not a proper thrift shopper (noticed my oh so brilliant rhyme?) if you let size numbers disturb or sidetrack yourself, memorize this very important fact, my dear readers. Size numbers are insignificant. Oh and my lilac-pinkish necklace (€1) is one of those fresh baked thrift shop discoveries I mentioned in my last post.

thrifted sunnies and necklace | Born Pretty (c/o) earrings (link) | thrifted Seppälä Woman blazer | thrifted tunic | Guess leggings | Seppälä booties.

The rest of those recent thrift shop discoveries include my very first item from Silvian Heach, an utterly summery tank top, an exquisite vest and a Guess bag. Pretty sweet, huh? ;) Anyway, first of all I came across the previously mentioned necklace and the red hot Silvian Heach crop top (€3.50). It looks like brand new and I love it, such a perfect piece for the upcoming summer!

Now, when I carried out my second round in the same thrift shop that week I tracked down this jet black Guess purse (€3.50!!!) which is my current favourite bag because I can't stuff it with heaps of unnecessary bits and pieces. I also found the most delicate crochet vest (€4) embellished with tiny golden beads and the most orange tank top (€3) embellished with the prettiest orange flowers. So now I really am in desperate need of some warm weather but that's completely obvious anyway, isn't it?


And before I call this post quits I recommend you to visit my dear blog friend Lily's blog imperfect idealist where right now sits a guest post from me. It's about blogging and my other interests, my style, thrift shopping, my best bargains and more so click here in order to do some digging and see some outfits ;) Plus don't forget to let me know your thoughts on today's colourful post because I love hearing from you, guys! See you next time!

30 comments:

  1. the red shirt is so impressive, and so is your green blazer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful :)

    http://alex-faashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds! Really like the printed top - so nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elvis on nagu väike nunnu vanamees sellel pildil! habe ees ja puha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see on jälle üks vana pilt, tehtud enne pügalas käimist. enam ta selline tuustik pole :D aga järgmises postituses proovin kindlasti uue sonksiga pilte juba jagada.

      Delete
  5. Oooooh, that bright emerald blazer is gorgeous! I just love that color :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blazer even if it's big size - I recently bought a jacket sized XXL and it's just nicely oversized :) And that vest is super pretty - I really want something like that, too! I'm off to see your guest post now ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I guess you meant the so called tunic, not the blazer ;) and I hope you find the vest you're looking for. I myself can't wait to wear it with ripped denim shorts and other summery pieces :)

      Delete
  7. Happy April! I love your sense of style! The green blazer works so well with the dress and the boots just pull it together!
    You look gorgeous and I hope you have a great holiday!
    Oh, and I love the doggie!!!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello beautiful lady! I haven't been around in a while, but you're always my first one I visit when I have commenting time. LOVE that green blazer and of course that cutie dog's sweet face!! Have missed your style :)

    Couture Caddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still loving the ankle boots! Thanks for your comment, have you ever tried street food in Helsinki while being here?

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope. I'm pretty sure I haven't.. at least not yet :)

      Delete
  10. I love the beautiful color of your blazer! and the brown ankle boots are awesome, they look so versatile. And a vacation in 40 days?! Hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit!! The brown booties are killer!! OMG I wouldn't have guess that the tunic is a size 48. How did you get it to look so chic? Loving the forest green blazer! It really adds a POP of color.

    Spring has been sketchy for us to here. One day it's perfect warm weather and the next it's like brrrr!!

    Love all your finds Maiken!! You always have the most amazing pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, dear Shea :)
      at first I wanted to add a waist belt to define my waist but then simply threw on the blazer that already had an attached belt. easy-peasy! haha but you should see how wide the blouse actually looks! like a tent! :D

      Delete
  12. ooh your look so awesome in those booties! they look amazing with that gorgeous green blazer! you look so chic :D

    http://katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the thrift queen! Great finds.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't wait for some warm weather?? No, I don't see it.:D Judging by the bright oranges and reds and the cropped cuts, you definitely look like you need some fun in the sun. I do too!! Yes, we've had some nice sunny days here in Slovenia, but I'm waiting for the shorts season to start, when I can wear shorts, the world seems a better place.:) Anyhow, that's the best advice anyone can give to any shopper, thrifting or not - forget about the sizes, buy clothes that fit and make sense on your body. I have xxl and xs clothes in my wardrobe, it really depends on how I want them to fit me and not the other way around.

    Thanks, babe, for your email! It really made my day a bit brighter so thank you for that. I hope you had a great weekend and that an even better (and sunnier) week is ahead of you! You're simply amazing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. A burst of bright colours indeed! You look like spring itself dear Maiken! I love the stylish mix of vivid and bright colours and your absolute happy smile. I can imagine how eager you are to go for your vacation;) Looking forward to your vacation pics.

    Have a wonderful week dear!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn it, I want that crochet vest O_O it's spectacular!
    Can't believe it's still cold there :D But way to brighten up the day with your sunny outfit ^_^
    Absolutely agree, you're not a real thrift hunter if you've never gotten a huge t-shirt size XXL :D
    And gosh, your boots are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice pics!

    http://www.stadinstyle.helsinkids.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, that is just the cutest doggy face in the last picture! What a total cutie! (with such soulful eyes no less.) Hi Maiken, I know it's been forever since I stopped by and that's just awful of me. You look like you've had so much going on lately and wow, I can't believe that all of your snow is gone already, it looks like summer there! I'm a little jealous, it's snowing right now and we're suppose to get another six inches by tomorrow. You look like you've had some pretty killer thrift-shop finds lately, that black bag is such stunning but I think I love your new boots best of all, ankle boots are always the best! (And your's look like they're comfortable to walk in!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your green jacket in these pictures :) but I am mostly drawn to the niceness of that rippling water. Makes me want summer so I can just get in!

    Haaappy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Personally, I kinda like the fluctuating weather. Then I get to wear my warm weather clothes AND cold weather clothes, well as cold as it gets here. I can see how it would get annoying after a long winter. But May will be here before you know it :) Good find with the Guess purse!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning pics, you look amazing! In love with your outfit, great matches and colours, and orange is such a summery splash! :) How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always made so amazing discoveries in thrift shops, I just LOVE this green jacket, the color is so perfect for spring! And the red crop top is perfect for summer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many bright colors in this post, I love it!
    Just stepped by to say hello, I really like your outfit btw and photos as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cant believe a quarter of the year is over already,but the best time of year is here spring and then summer! those 40 days will fly by Im sure,for your long awaited vacation.
    I love your tip and agree,size is insignificent, even if somethings to big but you love it,you can make it work and find a way to work it,like I love my thrifted mens plaid shirt which is XL mens?! but wear it chucked over dresses,for a cool look :D so comfy.
    Loving those boots again x
    Those orange flowers are beautiful,love the detail on that tank top and the colour is so summery! Good finds as always and again what a great shot of little Elvis.
    Im stopping by your friends blog right after this! a guest post how cool x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out the post,its amazing! such a lovely idea and loved seeing the photos there too,you look wonderful x :) x

      Delete