9.5.14

Yellows, citrons, oranges and greens

Hey! I just had to write another tiny blog post before travelling to yet undiscovered but presumably marvelous coastal town Agios Nikolaos in Crete. You, guys, should click http://www.cretetravel.com/guide/agios-nikolaos/ to see what I'm so anxiously babbling about. Oh and have some of you perhaps been there already, or in beautiful Crete generally? :) For me it's the third time but third time's a charm anyway so no wonder. And if you're interested then the posts of Crete 2009 sit here and Crete 2010 is located here.

But why did I start this post in the first place? Of course because I wanted to say thank you for all those sweet get well wishes you guys so kindly left me. I'm still coughing and blowing my nose occasionally but at least the torturous agony has left the building and I almost feel like a normal human being again. All in all the whole flu experience sucked big time (well hello, Captain Obvious!).


Anyway, I should probably say something about today's mostly yellowish-kind of summery photographs. The first three were taken in our blooming garden on May 3 and that handsome leopard originates from a fabulous thrifted blouse I snatched from my favourite thrift shop on May 2. It's a very awesome vintage silk blouse that cost me €3 and I already hatch a plan how to combine it on Saturday when we begin our journey. With an airy maxi skirt maybe...

Now, my multicoloured manicure is quite fresh too and I got it on May 6. And the last three photos date back to year 2012! They were taken on August 3, not far from our house during an evening walk I and mom took with the doggies. And because of the strong yellowish note I thought they would be perfect here. Some warm, authentic summer moments, just the way I like it.


And of course I hope you, guys, also enjoy today's photo stream. Already tomorrow we'll be leaving Estonia and welcoming Crete which by the way means I will not post anything throughout the next week. Because in my book a true vacation and computers simply don't go together. Anyway, see you all when I'm back, presumably supremely relaxed and certainly 100% free from this vicious cold. I believe in your strengthening power, Crete, so please don't let me down! ;)

29 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your photos! ^_^ Have a blast in Crete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. juhuu loodetavasti kõik sujub kenasti teil ja Elvis saadab ka oma tervitused :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. espero que lo estés pasando genial.

    http://itafashiondesigner.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, I love it in spring when everything comes into bloom. I hope that you have a wonderful time in Crete :) xo PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your off on holiday! And wow Crete,somewhere I've never been,but certainly intriges me,as many friends and family have been,so look forward to seeing your wonderful photos,after your well deserved break.
    Sorry to hear you've been ill :( the flu is terrible,happy to hear your almost feeling better x
    Now those stunning photos,so beautiful,I love how your photos capture such bright natural colours!
    And your nails,I was happy to see these on here :D I love them!
    Have a wonderful holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Maiken - and just in time for vacation, too, what good luck! I hope you'll have the most wonderful time in Crete. I'll be here in Vancouver feeling envious and waiting to see your vacation snapshots :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. your nails are awesome and i always love your photos. have a wonderful trip and feel better. i've had a cough for over 2 months and it's making me crazy!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, beautiful photos for your warming weather.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better! Flus really are the worst.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again! I did miss your posts a lot, and your comments! But I needed a break to be able to do other things, like you especially travelling! Now I am back, I hope it lasts (it will for a time!) I am so glad you are feeling better, I have just seen/read that you were not OK and I hope your trip is awesome (I am sure it will be!) I agree with you and I don't take my computer with me on some trips, so it's pure vacation! I loved the silk blouse, how do you find these amazing pieces at amazing prices? Wow! And the mani is also amazing! "See"you soon! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such beautiful photos! All those fields!....and what an amazing blouse should it be considering how awesome that leopard is! I hope you get well very soon dear and we'll see photos how you've styled your leopard blouse!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos! sorry to hear you've been ill with the flu. I am always doing my best to not a catch a cold cause someone in my family always has one and they are horrible :( glad to hear you're doing better.

    Also, I love the nails!

    Haaappy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you always have the nicest nature photos. Your manicure looks great! Happy travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh stunning photos! love love love your nails! they're fantastic :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait for the post from Crete. Have fun there.
    BTW, that last photo in this post is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful trip Maiken! Enjoy! Lovely photos :) Thanks for stopping by my blog...

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your nails, the pattern is so cool! And wow the photos of the field are really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really adore that print! Your multi-coloured manicure is also really pretty. I hope you enjoy your week dear.
    /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos. And really cute nails! I can't do any designs, but would love to learn. :)

    xx Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these photos, yellow is such a beautiful color !
    Btw I love your nails, soo cute

    Can't wait to see your next outfit post ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you are enjoying your vacation pretty girl!! How cool that you have pictures from over 2 years ago!! Your photography skills always are impressive to me! Love your manicure too!! So fun!!

    Can't wait to see your post about your vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos are all gorgeous, I love those yellow flowers. And your manicure is so fun, I love the colors.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, such beautiful photos! Glad you're feeling slightly better! Hope you have a full recovery in no time! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  23. The photos are beautiful and I LOVE your manicure. I need a new fun one--- I just need to find the time to get them done. I hope you enjoy your trip! I haven't been to Crete but would love to go someday...

    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous pics! Love your mani, so cute. Have a great time in Crete! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Maiken for visiting my blog! How nice - not the falling asleep part but watching the Eurovision in Crete. I liked the Estonian song! What happened? Do you like Tanja?

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hiya! Hope you've been having a wonderful holiday,looking forward to your photos and holiday posts? :)
    Thank you for stopping by,yes I've tried my tangle teezer now,I don't quite get the big hype around it? I mean it's good,and perfect shape and size,fits perfectly in your hand,which I guess makes it easier to brush your hair? I was just expecting this amazing effortlessly brushing,considering how much hype the brush gets :D maybe it's my messy hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just my experience though :) good brush just not amazing? take care x

      Delete
  27. I so love these photos! Have a great day. :)



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (i follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete