4.6.14

Hotel swap No. 1: from Sensimar Minos Palace to Minos Beach Art Hotel

Believe me when I once again say I honestly wanted and planned to post a lot earlier. I really really did! But every single time I make those grandiose plans life happens. It's already like a good old Murphy's Law. Weekends mysteriously disappear somewhere while we are (actually deliberately but still) working our poor fingers to the bone.

Because who would have thought designing your own garden can be so insanely tricky and time-consuming? Fortunately it's a big big joy to see the day by day developing outcome. :) Oh and I also got a new additional short-run job with one deadline already on Friday and the other deadline at some time in the summer. But I'm going to stop blabbering now to finally get this long overdue Crete show on the road again.

So, as promised, today you can read all about the surprising and exciting events of May 11 and 12. The 5* hotel we had booked in December 2013, Sensimar Minos Palace Hotel & Suites (link) somehow happened to be overbooked for two consecutive nights (May 12 till May 14). And since we weren't there with a group (unlike all those countless German senior citizens) the hotel offered precisely us (plus a few other chosen couples) an opportunity to spend those two nights and circa two full days in another hotel.

Group No. 1 - The main hotel, Sensimar Minos Palace

First they showed us 4* Candia Park Village (link), a hotel that looks like a typical Cretan village. But whereas we weren't actually obliged to agree with the switch at all we said no because of the rather remote location (4 km from the centre of Agios Nikolaos; Minos Palace is 2,6 km and Minos Beach is 1,4 km from the centre).

But wait! When we returned to our actual hotel we got a terrific new offer from them - a superior waterfront bungalow at 5* Minos Beach Art Hotel (link), also called the little Venice. It was closer to the centre of Agios Nikolaos, even fancier (+more expensive) than Minos Palace so by all means we said yes to the new luxury hotel and new experience. Because when someone offers you a chance like that free of charge it would be extremely stupid to back out, don't you think? Especially when our initial room at Minos Palace was just a standard seaview room and our only trouble was moving our suitcases a couple of times. By the way, when we returned to Minos Palace on May 14 we received some more free treats, in addition to our next room upgrade but that's just a spoiler for a future post.

Group No. 2 - snapshots from Minos Beach Art Hotel

Right now I have to start talking about today's extreme photo flood. The first bunch in the beginning of my post showcases Sensimar Minos Palace, our main hotel, and a few glimpses of our seaview room. What I loved the most about that room was our furnished balcony with a wonderful sunny view of the Mirabello Bay. I honestly (and obviously) miss that view, the magical atmosphere and beautiful stillness, a true bliss. And I will definitely talk about Minos Palace again!

The second group of photos introduces our hotel No. 2, Minos Beach Art Hotel that was only a ten minute walk from the centre of Agios Nikolaos. Our superior waterfront bungalow indeed was a nice one: situated by the edge of water, consisting of a bedroom, living room, dressing area, bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub, large veranda with a panoramic seaview and reserved sunbeds and umbrellas in front of the bungalow. Minos Beach also had magnificent food in their Bacchus restaurant and plenty of cute local cats hanging around the area. It sure was an absolutely delightful experience!

Group No. 3 - snippets of joyfully colourful Agios Nikolaos

And last but not least comes the third bunch and a little piece of picturesque Agios Nikolaos. It was our first brief trip to the town centre and those three snapshots are simply a fragment of everything I'm going to share with you in the course of time. You just have to excuse my slow pace. :)

Right now I have so much to write about! In addition to our Cretan adventures a couple of local Estonian outfits are waiting for their turn. And I believe my next post will present my fifth package from lovely Born Pretty (link) besides a classic summery outfit. And then, after that I'm going to introduce the historical island of Spinalonga to you. So I guess you just have to wait and see what happens because right now the list of my topics really seems to be endless. See you in the next post, guys!

20 comments:

  1. looks like you had a lovely time!! :D great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww that's soo sweet ! Thanks ♥♥
    You were SO lucky to have the opportunity to stay at such an amazing place *.* ! And all those cats everywhere, too cute :3
    Tell me what's your secret to have such a perfect body ?

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Kate! you're the sweetest :) but what's my secret? I'm afraid I don't actually have a secret. I work out but not regularly, for example during summer I have absolutely no time for my exercise bike or cross trainer and instead I bustle in our garden (with lawnmower mostly). I do have some exercise groups I do when I have time before going to sleep (exercises for abs and arms). and I eat everything I want to eat, no limits there. oh and I watch my favourite series while riding my exercise bike (only then!). maybe that's a pretty useful tip for people who don't feel like just riding there without no entertainment ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your reply !
      You're so lucky that you can eat everything that you want... I do abs but I never see them coming out, soooo sad :(
      Thanks for the tip, if one day I'll have a bike (for the moment in my tiiiny appartment it isn't really possible), I think I will do that too!

      ♥♥

      Delete
  3. These photos are sensational and you look so lovely :) Hope you had a wonderful trip!!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, well it certainly looks so unique and beautifully captured! This place has so much character! :-)
    Wishing you a lovely week!
    /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. kõik loomapildid on otseloomulikult lemmikud! :) ja jumal tänatud, et ilusad soojad ja värvilised pildid tulid soojal ajal, muidu oleks kurb vaadata. loodetavasti ajastad järgmised ka niiviisi - siis kergem vaadata :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ajastamine on viimane asi, mis mul blogimise puhul õnnestub. st isegi mitte viimane, vaid mul lihtsalt ei õnnestu see postituste ajastamine. plaanid on alati suured ja uhked, aga reaalsus iga kord samasugune feil :D nii-et kõik on võimalik ;)

      Delete
  6. You have such an amazing figure! The second hotel room looks so nice, and the sea looks so beautiful and clear.

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that worked out well for you guys, then. The hotel looks looooovely.
    And this post also has cats. I like. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful colorful photos Maiken! I loved the 4th photo of you, you look so happy! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  9. the waterfront bungalow is absolutely beautiful! your trip looks like so much fun. The views must have been amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful photos! You make me want to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful photos! You make me want to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful place dear Maiken! It seems like a dream came true! so peaceful, sunny, picture perfect! I love your great holiday/beach attire. You looks super stylish

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even if you had to move your stuff around a few times, it seems worth it. The hotel looks so luxurious and relaxing! Hope you enjoyed your vacay :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you have been busy and life certainly does happen,things always seem to get postponed for me :D
    Your little job on the side sounds interesting,you really do like to keep busy :)
    Your upgrade looks incredible? Stuff you dream off! And yes of course if it's free make the most of it,how often does something that amazing happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I love the flood of stunning photos,only a glimpse into what you got up too,but wow the colours,I'd certainly miss a view like that too. You look stunning of course..and my favourite photo has to be the very first one,the flowers on that tree/plant are so beautiful,and the colours in your photo are so vivid and crisp.
      I'm looking forward to seeing all your up and coming posts..sound amazing x take care and hope you had a fab weekend :)

      Delete
  15. Is it heaven? OMG there are such beautiful places on this earth! I just can't get enough of this views, thank you for sharing and let me tell you that your photos are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is it heaven? OMG there are such beautiful places on this earth! I just can't get enough of this views, thank you for sharing and let me tell you that your photos are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete