14.7.14

Crete diaries continue: eventful May 14-15

My previous post stands far away, again... Our longest holiday of 2014 is bittersweet bygones since last Wednesday. I'm back at work and my obligations seem never-ending: obligations coming with my main job, my other job, our household, as a matter of fact - with everything! And how fun is my never-ending whining? Or actually, I'm not even trying to whine, I'm just constating a couple of valid facts here.

Oh and of course, hey, guys! Truly happy to "see" you again! And to tell you the truth I'm quite motivated and determined to succeed in all those previously named duties and that's a fact too! Besides, luckily our vacation limit for 2014 is not full yet so there's still this little spare time ahead, already in September and definitely worth waiting for! But I'm going to stop chattering now because actually it's a travel, not a tattle post.


So, on May 13 we explored Spinalonga and I reflected our fascinating trip in this colourful blog post. On May 14 we left Minos Beach Art Hotel, one of the most respectable hotels in town, and moved back to our initial hotel, also respectable 5* Sensimar Minos Palace (look back on our hotel swap here). Anyway, as a reward for the (actually quite minimal) trouble coming with the switch we got a 38 m² seaview suite with a sharing pool (one for every four suites; see here). Our regular half board package was upgraded to full board plus which meant free lunches and free local wine, beer and other stuff aside dinner. Good times, what else. Oh and we also got two freebie spa treatments at their Ananea Wellness Spa, one for me and one for E.


Therefore, May 14 was for one thing a relaxing spa day. I chose their 1-hour aromatherapy massage which was my first such massage, highly relaxing and calming. E., on the other hand, of course chose the only procedure that contained the mandatory word "men" in its name - Akarshan 1-hour men's face treatment with Neem, in India known as a "pharmacy tree". We both enjoyed our procedures very very much and since we also owned a couple of discount vouchers I decided to try their beautiful eyes treatment on May 15. Once again a first for me and I was pleasantly astonished during and after those luxurious 30 minutes.


By the way, on the first night in our capacious suite I was very eager to try the aero spa bath. I filled the bath with water and found out it was practically boiling (oops). So I had to remove some of the hot water to replace it with cold one. Logical, right? But guess what? The damn drain plug didn't function! It was stubbornly fixed and nothing at all helped. So I called the hotel's plumber and he tried to solve our problem. But it was not an easy task. Greek swear words were ringing in our bathroom like some unusual local rap song. The poor plumber boy was seriously struggling but hey, after a while the outcome (for one thing he emptied the bath with a bucket) was successful so yay for him. And for me too since after all I got to try the root of all evil - our aero spa bath which was only average, nothing special. As they say - much cry and little wool.

(ancient) H&M headband | (ancient) Seppälä sunnies | thrifted Silvian Heach crop top | thrifted shorts | thrifted Complement fringe bag | Nikos Shoes hand-made leather sandals from Ag Nik, Crete.

Anyhow, the first two collages above present our suite and Sensimar Minos Palace's Amalthea restaurant but everything else represents marvelous Agios Nikolaos on May 15 and a couple of delicious meals from our favourite tavern Ayra Loft. So, on May 15 we discovered the town a bit: for instance visited a local pottery and flower shop (one day I will show you what we bought from there) and explored the grand marina. The Marina of Agios Nikolaos is capable of accommodating up to 255 boats all year round. Oh and one of the boats there carried our beautiful Estonian flag which was an elating surprise. And did I mention we both loved the place? Well, we totally did!


And before I finish today's post - my last collage introduces some of our May 14 and 15 meals from the favourite tavern: spicy chicken, dainty lamb, authentic Greek salad and the best french fries ever! Now, I hope you enjoyed the post and I also really hope you can bear with me because I know I've been a horrible blogger lately. Can't help it though. But I do have heaps of photos and stories to share with you, May 16-18 from our Cretan adventures and also numerous countless Estonian moments and happenings. So I guess we'll see what my next post brings... well and when it brings. The fact is it will bring something, haha. See you!

22 comments:

  1. fantastic pictures, maiiken, everything looks so nice!
    love the landscape and your travel looks.
    happy monday.
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. It look like a wonderful traveling you got!
    The photos were amazing, I'm sure you do enjoying everything, except maybe what happened with the aero spa bath, lol. So sorry for the plumber boy! XD

    love,
    g-carinoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. need vaasid!!! ma ühest küljest armastan täiesti selliseid massaaže, aga ma olen kahjuks nii kõdikartlik, et tavaliselt suudan seda täielikult nautima hakata suht siis alles, kui protseduur juba peaaegu läbi on :( aga mida see silmadele mõeldud protseduur endast täpsemalt kujutas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just need nii-öelda traditsioonilist Kreeka sinist tooni vaasid võitsid ka minu südame.
      aga silmadele mõeldud hoolitsus sisaldas massaaži, maskitamist, kreemitamist... hästi värske tunne oli pärast seda igatahes, nii-et põnev uus kogemus minu jaoks :) muide, juuli alguses käisin Tartus vanilje üldmassaažis ja see oli ka väga mõnna :P järgmisena on plaanis laavakivimassaaž ära proovida! aga kujutan täitsa ette, et kõdikartuses on kogu see protseduur päris pingeline, eriti jalad...

      Delete
  4. Hey Pretty girl!!! Ive missed you too!! Wow it look like you had an amazing vacation. I am glad they upgraded your hotel. Your pictures are always breathtaking and beautiful. I love your colorful shorts and the red shirt is a nice pop of color.

    Can't wait to see more photos from your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place to be. Thx for sharing your beautiful pics with us. Love your outfit, the shorts are divine! Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like quite the summer feast, and such marvellous photos to go along with your post as well. I'm in love with your outfit, very colourful and happy! :)
    /Madison
    The Jersey Dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your travel posts always drive me insane because I end up wanting to travel so badly! Then I look at my bank account and cry a little :P Lol
    Anyway, great post about your time, and I love those strappy mint sandals!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG you were soooooo lucky with your awesome hotel room..And the landscape are so beautiful, I think I will definitely go there once!
    Btw, I LOVE your short, you find always awesome pieces in thrift shops, I wish I could say the same :P

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I never knew Crete looked so amazing! Sweet vintage look, you look great! :)

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maiken! So happy to see you again :) I meant to skip over to your blog yesterday but I had so much going on in the evening. It really is wonderful to hear that your motivation and determination is as strong as ever. You work so hard a definitely deserve a little break, though!

    First things first: I absolutely LOVE those shorts! The pattern is so retro and they fit you perfectly. They actually remind me of a pair of shorts I once had but can't find anymore (I stole them from my dad haha but they fit quite well with a waist belt and double roll to the inseams). Thanks for the inspiration to find them again! And of course the bright colors and fringe bag are perfect for vacation :)

    I can tell you're so happy from these photos! A free spa treatment sounds so wonderful and I'm glad the hospitality was so great! The suite is so elegant and the food looks exquisite! Sorry to hear about the spa bath :( But at least you know what it's like now haha!

    Don't worry about your hiatuses--honestly, happens to the best of us. I can't wait to see more but totally understand if life takes over!

    Best of luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me craving a holiday - and some French fries! - after looking at these photos! Even if the bathtub was a bit of a disaster, everything else sounds and looks just magical, especially the swimming pool with the ocean view right beside. I hope your next holiday will come up quickly - I have extra motivation for that because my next holiday is in September, too ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I see your photos, I really wanna go on a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your travel photos! Makes me want to visit everywhere too, hahaha. The water looks so beautiful and the food looks so delicious. I looove greek salad! And ooo your outfit is really pretty. I really like the patterned shorts and the bright sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had fun. And looked good doing it. Getting back to work sucks, but we can hang on to our memories of trips. Nice pictures and post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, back to the real world...but looks like you had a magnificent vacation!! The outfit you're wearing is absolutely stunning! Love how fun and fashionable it looks on you :)

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your holiday looks amazing. And where are you going in September?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nowhere far, that's pretty much a fact. maybe we're going to spend that week in Estonia, maybe we're going to visit Latvia for example but maybe not... to be honest with you I have no idea. yet. we'll see what September brings. at least it's a breather, haha.

      Delete
    2. Cool. Looking forward to that post already. I love travel ones on all fashion blogs. Travel and fashion...a perfect mix. :D

      Delete
    3. well, I wouldn't call my own blog a fashion blog... more like a lifestyle one maybe? :) but travel posts mixed with some fashion (and shopping!) are definitely my taste as well. variety is my favourite and also my own goal.

      Delete
  17. What a cute outfit! I love the shorts. Looks like you had such a fun time.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete