23.7.14

To Tallinn and back

Hey! It's time for a traditional Estonian outfit post in between all those nostalgic travel stories I've shared with you over the last couple of months (mixed with my easy summer looks from Crete of course). So, on July 2 a sudden opportunity to visit our capital town arose and who says "no" to a free ride especially when we had planned to go anyway? Well, not us, obviously, and our main destination in Tallinn was my all-time favourite shopping centre Stockmann where I pretty much always score something awesome. And this time was not an exception (must love their sales!).


Firstly, Love Moschino's Heart Bow Blue Jelly Flat Sandals (€119 70.90) immediately stole my heart and I just had to take them home with me. Because what's not to love when something looks as adorable as those cuties, right? By the way, asos also sells them, in three different colours (black, blue and red) and with a little higher price but still (link).


Secondly I came across something home related: a glass and metal (jewellery) box (€24.90 14.90). It's such a unique gadget for displaying bits and pieces among my jewellery collection and why not a few other sights that fit the glass and metal frames. And since my storing gear has been increasing perceptibly I must finally begin creating a proper system too... BUT only as soon as the weather gets bad enough, haha. Right now I have want to spend every possible spare moment of time outside in order to catch all the sun and vitamin D I can get.

Anyway, I'm obviously talking too much when I actually have some more capital town purchases to share and those two sale finds are both from good old H&M. I really needed a simple (and cheap!) pair of flip-flops and the charm necklace... well, that was just a result of an ephemeral moment of weakness. Each item cost 3 euros on sale by the way and that was it, the outcome of my little shopping spree.


Now, my outfit of the day includes something I purchased from a small Italian boutique in Agios Nikolaos, Crete and also something I won from a blog giveaway on my birthday. So, my very first Roccobarocco handbag conjointly is the first Crete purchase I'm sharing with you and the owner of that boutique was a very lovely Italian lady who moved to Crete. It was so nice to chat with her and introduce our little Estonia a bit while exploring the authentic Italian goods.

On the other hand my earrings come from a Finnish company called Uhana Design and they're a lovely prize from Dragonfly blog's giveaway (link). They seemed rather big at first but luckily those beautiful pastel shade birch teardrops are also incredibly lightweight and gracious. Definitely one of my current favourites when it comes to earrings and summery jewellery overall. You can explore Uhana Design's web page here.

thrifted sunnies | Uhana Design earrings | thrifted Zara TRF faux leather jacket | thrifted Burberry London top | asos dress worn as a skirt | Vans loafers | Roccobarocco handbag.

Anyway, as always, I hope you enjoyed my summery photos. Next time I will probably treat you with a travel post again because May 16-18 in Crete still needs to be covered. It's only three days but a lot happened during that time. Sidenote: it should have been two days but we got stuck on the paradise island. Sounds like quite a story to tell, doesn't it? And I will most certainly share it with you but bye for now!

24 comments:

  1. These blue sandals! Love Moschino <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuck on paradise island? Can't wear to hear that one! Love the burberry top you're wearing! Usually the iconic plaid print is too much for my tastes but you styled in such a classic and not in your face way :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, those Moschino sandals are to die for. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look is sooo chic! love that burberry top! and omg those moschino sandals are so adorable! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jewelry box... O_O I had no idea such a beautiful thing existed! O_O I want!
    And gosh, I love those pink loafers, you and pink, you two are meant for each other! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I guess I better start believing it when so many people say so :D

      Delete
  6. Oooooh, that jewelry box is just gorgeous! I would love to display my pretties in that <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking in mind all the new purchases it seems that the trip was successful;) Love your new cobalt blue sandals - such a great piece and way to inject colour into an outfit. Talking about outfits - you look absolutely travel chic, such a downtown lady on the go;)

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your look is great!

    Crop Top and Super Heroes on lb-lc fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... ja mina nägin seda ehtekarpi :D mulle midagi väga meeldib selle kõrvarõnga pildi juures. täiesti tavaline küll, aga vb see, kuidas tuulega üksikud heledad juuksekarvad kõrvarõngast katavad mõjub kuidagi soojalt. jep I'm into weird things :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ära põe, just sellepärast ma tolle detailipildi lisasingi, et mulle ka meeldib see efekt ;)

      Delete
  10. loved the post. i am in love with your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pink shoes in this outfit! And ahh that jacket looks like it fits so well. The leather jacket that I have just didn't fit me too well and it's kind of hard for me to find one that fits, hhaha. I'll have to check out zara for their jackets soon!

    And those blue jelly sandals are adorable! I LOVE the hearts on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The earrings look great on you! This blog post made me so happy :) Thank you Maiken for stopping by my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the burberry top on you! And I love the earrings, so pretty.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maiken! So good to see you back so soon :) Absolutely loving this outfit and purchase post! Tallinn looks like such a beautiful and vibrant city from your photos and all the photos I've seen online--that bird shot is awesome too!

    You picked up some really nice things! Those jelly flip-flops are absolutely adorable; Moschino is such a chic brand. Also loving that jewelry box--I've picked up lots of nifty organizers for college too but I like how the box is clear so that you can see your collection. H&M is definitely a great stop for fun finds and deals.

    Your outfit is so polished and confident! That luxe bag is an awesome giveway win. And those pastel earrings are a lovely touch to that chic top. Can't wait to hear about your intriguing story! I've learned a little about Crete from school and from photos it looks gorgeous. Have a beautiful week, Maiken!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely to see all of your finds, it's nice to catch up on your blog. the Moschino sandals are adorable. Sounds like it as a nice trip indeed /Madison
    Cleaning Haus

    ReplyDelete
  16. Long time.. :0 Sorry for being a lazy commenter :P
    Looks like a fun trip and LOVE your blue sandals :) . Btw - I have exactly the same H&M flip flops :D The pink loafers are lovely as well, love your taste for shoes ;D Hope you are still enjoying sunny days :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to see your new jacket :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Maiken, here I am again! I was away for good reasons, very busy, thank heaven! Well, I saw your Crete pictures and they are amazing! As usual! Also, these pictures now are amazing! So nice that you went t the capital, I am so eager to know it! The earrings are fabulous! Congratulations for winning the giveaway! H & M is a shop I used to love when I lived in Germany, now I don't go there very often, but it's certainly great! Love Moschino sandals are amazing! The color, the bow! Only you can find these sweeties! Your outfit with the Burberry London top is very nice and you look so pretty! Hope you have a nice Sunday! denisesplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gahh I love the second photo of the bird--it's so cute! Getting stuck on a paradise island? Sounds like a dream, haha! Can't wait to hear the story and see the rest of the photos from your travels! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Maiken, you look so chic! I love this outfit, the bodycon skirt suits you perfecty ;)
    Btw, I LOVE the Moschino sandals, which are sooo cute, and your bag is just perfect ♥

    I come from France but now I live & work in a call center in Belgium. I receive phone calls only from German customers because I work for Procter & Gamble's german online shop :)
    (My degree is Personal Assistant, but it's hard to find a job as a PA in Belgium if you don't speak dutch..so that's why I work here ^^)

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shopping,how ive missed your shopping full posts,so many goodies and treats as always. How id love to own anything moschino,such cool fashions and accessories and these shoes are so cool and quirky! The colour and bow is soo cute. Im loving your outfit photos in the city,and the wind blowing,look really cool! I love that glass trinket,jewellery box,its beautiful and very special and antique looking,something I would of bought instantly if I saw too!

    ReplyDelete