26.10.14

A new car, a new coat and a sudden crisis

Howdy, guys! Oh wow, life has been a real roller-coaster since my last post. Or actually it was a roller-coaster already before my last post. And my poor little head has been tightly filling with all sorts of thoughts which are slowly spilling over and squeezing out of my ears, eyes, mouth (figuratively speaking, of course). Sounds odd, or quite the contrary, familiar? Well, in one way or another, welcome to my recent overthinking state of mind!

But at least I completely realize that when I'm overthinking my mind is going round and round in an oppressive loop instead of holding its spirit high, confronting the existing tribulations and victoriously moving forward. By all means I know I must win back my peace of mind and do it now, not tomorrow, not the day after tomorrow. But the big question is: how exactly should I do it? Will I succeed? When will I succeed? That's already three questions but I'm sure you get the big picture and sense my teeny "crisis" here. And to tell you the truth writing those points down has already helped a little.


So, on October 11 our household (or should I say CARhold?) got another new member - a blue estate Saab 9-3. And now I own two 9-3-s and am perplexed. I know I should sell the oldie but after those 6.5 years spent together my heart just breaks when I even think about it. Every machine has its pros and cons and maybe I'm a weirdo but the pure thought of letting go makes me melancholic and clingy. And yes, I do know I'm talking about cars, those metal creatures, and probably not many of you understand me but that's the truth and nothing but the truth.

8 years between those two cars make them both unique and I've got a feeling it's going to be one tough decision to let go and come to terms with the present... or not to let go at all. We shall see. But right now see this old blog post from August 18, 2012 because it's the exact same location near Järvakandi and it contains my soon 15-year-old loyal sidekick.


Anyway, now on a completely different, fashion related note. Sometime in September contacted me the well-known Sheinside online store and they kindly offered me an item from their ineffably vast selection. I shortly thought - why not?, then spent several days on frantically choosing the one, finally realized I simply needed a more or less warm autumn coat and then picked the black one you can spot in today's photos. If you're interested in seeing it through their homepage click here. And I confess I've been wearing that thing ever since I got my curious hands on it. It copes with lightsome minus degrees, is cosy and looks pretty rad - overall a great success!

Emporio Armani sunnies | Guess scarf | Sheinside coat (link) | thrifted Scotch Shrunk shirt from little boys' section | thrifted Diesel belt | Fornarina pants | Chillin accessories boots | Matthew Williamson for Lindex braided bracelet | thrifted golden hearts bracelet | Oriflame earrings.

All in all I hope you enjoy those sunny autumn shots and also bear with my whining. And I admit - writing those messy thoughts down and "digesting" it a little has already helped me to see it all way more clearly. Each and every problem has some kind of solution and I'm already working on finding mine. Oh and what a contradiction that exactly today's vivid photos are accompanied by such complaintive musings. Anyway, see you in the next post, guys!


ps. I took the last two photographs on September 27 but everything else derives from October 11 when we were heading back home from Tallinn through Järvakandi where we visited E's grandparents. Our sudden surprise visit made them oh so happy :)

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car!! And omg, these photos are so beautiful. It makes me wish it were actually fall in LA. And the coat you picked from Sheinside looks so warm, but also very stylish :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. noh, su pea iga postitus algab sarnase alatooniga, nii et ma arvan, et truud lugejad peavad vastu küll :D aga tõsisemaks minnes, siis ma siiralt loodan, et su uus autobeebi saab õige pea terveks juba :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, kui nüüd 100% aus olla, siis ma mõtlesin seda postitust kirjutades täpselt sama asja! aga mis teha, kui elu selline on. ainult liblikatest ja lilledest kirjutamine tundub lihtsalt igav. veidi võlts ka isegi. ja veel, mul on selline loll komme, et võin vabalt a la nädal aega ühe postituse kirjutamisega mökutada, aga selle nädalaga võib ju palju muutuda ja siis ma jällegi ei viitsi kõike otsast ka alustada. kui sa midagi sellest segasest seletusest nüüd aru said :D igatahes, selline üliharv blogimine võib tõesti kokkuvõttes väga masendava üldpildi maalida, aga mis seal ikka siis. vähemalt saab asjade üle veidi mõtiskleda! :D ja muidugi aitäh heade soovide eest! loodame kõige paremat :) ps. väga hea püreesupi olite valmis teinud ;)

      Delete
  3. Amazing outfit, Maiken! You look wonderful in almost anything. Anyway, congratulations on buying a new car! It looks perfect. I'm actually a huge fan of hatchbacks. I hope you've settled on the decision of whether to keep or sell your old car. Good luck! :)

    Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for such sweet words :) I haven't made my decision yet so right now I'm just keeping them both. oh, by the way, my second car was Chrysler Stratus and back then I was also dreaming of a Crossfire and a 300C!

      Delete
  4. Many congratulations on the new car. The jacket is a great piece, and i also love the colour combination of your whole outfit! I hope you have a peaceful coming weekend.
    /Madison
    Frightfully Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing I know about cars is that they're different colors, but I did enjoy your car story :D I love the new coat and the gorgeous green pants with the glossy belt! Exquisite! What kind of a problem are we talking about? Over thinking might not be a very good solution, sometimes simplifying things works best :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you think I don't know that? :D it's just not helping me because probably my brain wants to sabotage itself and make my life as difficult as possible. and the problem can be whatever actually, even the tiniest matter can grow into something huge, just like a snowball. it's like a phase that comes up every once in a while and then just disappears. huh, complicated, I know, and so incredibly annoying! :D

      Delete
  6. I TOTALLY understand your feeling with your car ! I had to change last month, because my old Citroën Saxo from 1999 just died (literally, I spend hundreds of euros in reparation but she still died :'( ) and I was sooo sad when I took out all my stuff from my car (like I cried...just a little but yes..I cried).

    Now for the fashion part, I see that we have been contacted at the same time by Sheinside ^^, I love your coat, & I wear almost the same outfit these times, the colors are perfect for fall ♥

    PS: I'm a little bit lazy at blogging for the moment, I don't now not so in the mood, maybe it's fall, maybe because the days are getting darker and colder, it's strange :( I hope I'll get my motivation back soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sweetie ♥ I totally get the motivation part, it often haunts me too, especially during colder and darker times. but I'm sure you'll get your motivation back!
      and our precious cars... one day I drove my old one and just the thought of selling it broke me. so once again I get you 100%. it's always hard when they're broken and I'm so sorry yours had to stay that way :( would love to see your new one by the way!

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh, cars - I have to admit, this is one dilemna that I've never had because, well, I've never had one! I know how to drive, of course, but pubic transit has always been good enough where I live that I don't really need one. And now it's been so long that I can't imagine life without one, as strange as that seems. On a fashion-related note, I think this may be one of my favourite outfits of yours, everything about it, from the colours to the shapes, is simply perfect. You look wonderful!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats with a car! and once again - a charming look of yours - adore the earring!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. i levee your scarf! this look is fabulous! congrats on getting a new car! how exciting :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. New car!!! Exciting. But you probably are best off selling the old one, though. Then...with that money, you can buy more clothes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look beautiful dear... I love your style and your blog...
    hugs
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the cool leopard print scarf! This is such a nice fall outfit and the scenery goes so well with it too. I hope your'e able to find solutions soon, writing it out can definitely be helpful sometimes!

    and p.s. Congratulations on a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand your sentiments about your old car. It’s really hard to let go of a dear companion, after enjoying miles of road trips and fun memories. I hope you were able to decide on your old car’s fate by this time. On the other hand, you’ve gotten a great choice for your new car. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to create new memories with that fabulous Saab.

    Steven Keltsch @ Allied Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfit, Maiken! And for what it’s worth, it matches the atmosphere your new car gives. Speaking of the car, how is it doing nowadays? A Saab 9-3 is a really nice model, and I think it’s quite a great thing to have. Thanks for sharing!


    Ethel Mcguire @ Vestal Autos

    ReplyDelete