15.10.14

Mini spa vacation - day one

Hey, guys! My life lately has been deeply tiring but also deeply exciting! I have a lot on my mind and on my plate right now. And last week the entire situation culminated with weariness, constant morning oscitancy (that continued pretty much till noon) and an overall head over heels condition.

And maybe I'm being starry-eyed but I'm firmly dreaming of serene peaceful days when there's no need for endless running around, arranging things, thinking all the time... And don't get me wrong, I enjoy all those activities but only in reasonable and bearable amounts. Overreaching yourself is not a very wise thing to do. But how has your autumn started? Are you running wild and overreaching yourself or taking it easy?

Adidas jacket | thrifted Frankie & Liberty (sweat)vest | thrifted 25:7 (Bik Bok) jeans | Nike trainers.

So, while I'm diligently trying to take my time and cool down a little it's only appropriate to share some general lines about the first day of our two-day long spa vacation in marvelous Saka Manor. By the way, we were also there last September and my blog posts about that sunny trip reside here and here. So, if you want to see the sunny side of Saka in addition to today's gloomy one I definitely recommend browsing those two as well.

But now about September 22, a rainy Monday we spent luxuriating at the spa. For a start it was pamper time and both of us got a red wine extract body treatment, a moisturizing facial care and a warm paraffin wax hand treatment. The red wine extract body thing included exfoliation, laminating [for example imagine a classically wrapped wiener at this point], tinfoil [now imagine that laminated wiener wrapped in tinfoil], moisturizing, some massage and more. It was my favourite treatment for sure and it ended with a nice glass of red wine.

Anyway, afterwards we had a couple of free hours which we filled with some drizzly beach time by the beautiful Baltic Sea. That foggy silence, accompanied only by the relaxing waves washing ashore was so mystic, a true perfection. I know today's photos are rather dreary but I hope you still enjoy them and envision the atmosphere I was just describing. Deserted seaside is definitely a my kind of vacancy!


We completed our day with an hour in Saka Manor's sauna and pool area and a dinner at their à la carte restaurant. Their steam sauna and Finnish sauna are both cosy and great (especially in the current situation where our own sauna is being renovated and we can't use it yet). And I also loved their pool with a rushing waterfall and underwater jets, in fact I already seriously miss swimming there!


Now, our restaurant experience was utterly delicious! I tried their carrot-cauliflower potage with grissinis and it was dumfoundingly yummy! I had always foolishly thought potages were for babies... How unbelievably silly of me! Anyway, I also tried caramelized oranges with mint cream and again was enraptured. Plus mint cream is definitely something worth making at home!
E's marzipan-ice cream terrine with fruit sauce was delicious as well! To tell you the truth that restaurant is by far one of the best we have visited here in Estonia.


All in all it was a pleasant day and I would be happy as a clam if days like these came around far more often. Well, at least once a month would be pretty sweet, don't you think? Oh, those starry-eyed dreams! But you guys enjoy my photos and let me know what you think. See you in the next post where I'm going to reveal a couple of things from my already dusty new in section!

17 comments:

  1. just täna on mu õlad/kael miskipärast nii kange, et üks lõõgastav massaaž kõlab küll taevalikult...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ära parem räägi, ma olen iga tööpäeva lõpuks täitsa kapsas :( iga päev vajaks seda massaaži.

      Delete
  2. There have been lots of changes to your blog since my last visit - which was far too long ago! I love your new banner. And I must say, this spa day sounds just blissful. I spend most of my days running around like a mad woman trying to get everything done - and failing, since I never get to blog comments. Even my last few holidays have been hectic because I've travelled for weddings. Here's hoping we'll both get to take some more time to relax soon!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Cee! I'm so glad to see you here again! and obviously I understand what you're saying. in fact you're even saying it just like I would say it! and I sincerely hope your wish will come true :)

      Delete
  3. Happy to hear you had a great spa relaxing vacation! ^_^ I love the photos as always!
    I've been taking it easy my whole life, that's my motto :D Don't work yourself too much, stop and enjoy the nothingness and the silence! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. See metsa pilt on ahhhh väga super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oi, seal oli nii kihvt ürgne mets! nagu mõnes džungli filmis täitsa. ja aitäh ka muidugi :)

      Delete
  5. great sporty style! and stunning scenery!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear, yes I can just imagine the atmosphere and your descriptions. Well, as you know I am just back from holiday now off to working. Shall have a few pics up on Monday.These photos although dreary as you say, are still great. Oh, a lovely spa day is always a winner in my book! Thanks for sharing with us. /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this- I wish I could just go somewhere and relax with my love- glad to see you had fun!:)
    Would you like to follow each other?Let me know! :)
    PS I would appreciate it tons if you click sheinside.com link on my blog(and maybe even find something for yourself).

    Thank you,

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect break from your busy fall! The beach looks beautiful, I especially love the photo with the rocks and waves. The forest looks beautiful too!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you've had a wonderful time Maiken <3 You travel quite often to spas, do you always want to visit new ones or how do you select them? It would be interesting to read about how you pick the destination :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure was a wonderful day :) and when it comes to visiting spas we have tried to do it at least once a year. at first we were always choosing something new but not anymore. we just loved Saka Manor so much we had to go back. and I'm pretty sure we will be back there next year as well ;) I usually use this page https://www.hotelliveeb.ee/ to pick us a packet since it offers some wonderful prices. I hope this answered your question. and thank you very much for the lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  10. Gosh, that beach looks like it came out of the tropical climates....OK...tropical climates on a particularly rainy day, but still... It's perfect. What a gorgeous place.
    I'm gonna go and do a spot of googling now to find out more about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well... I'm curious, what did you find? ;) and I can say you should be there yourself to get the full experience. it sure is the perfect place!

      Delete
  11. Sounds so relaxing, and love the serene photos! I usually find I'm more motivated and productive during the fall...will try to balance between relaxation and work too.

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog Maiken! I think bracelets are great on you, for instance the one you won on my blog :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete