26.11.14

Late autumn reminiscences

Well hello! Long time no see, and unfortunately in the same way as always, if you already know me my blogging habits well enough. But I'm not going to look for a sad pitiful excuse like a "dramatic" motivational crisis nor play the classical "I'm so busy!" card. I'm just saying my days are way too short for all the things I have to do and want to do. Or I'm simply a lousy planner. Or perhaps I sometimes procrastinate way too much. Go figure.

But all my Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays vigorously* tick away at work and after that I'm generally as exhausted as a marathon runner, a mental marathon runner of course. Okay, some of those workday evenings also include a nice little workout to properly seal "the marathon runner deal", the physical part of it. *I'm currently working on the development plan regarding the public water supply and sewerage system of my hometown.

And then there are those always ephemeral weekends, my temporary rescuers. I have no idea where those disappear. But most likely somewhere between managing a capacious household and a garden, occasionally taking some nice little road trips, trying to actually put my feet up (and epicly failing in it), you know, just doing this and that. By the way, I'm curious if I'm alone in this great mystery of life or is there someone else with me? How do you guys cope with it?


Moving on, today I'm sharing two sets of autumn photographs with you. Because better late than never, right? The first one presents a very simple three-layered outfit I wore ages ago - on October 4. In fact it's an entirely thrifted ensemble (with the exception of my tights and such, obviously). Once again it's rather blackish but my faithful colour bomb from Kenzo tones it down just enough and I'm more than happy with the outcome. What do you guys think?

Haga Eyewear sunnies from cococherry | thrifted Zara TRF faux leather jacket | thrifted Kenzo kimono/cardigan | thrifted Bik Bok dress | thrifted H&M booties.

Now, the second batch of photos is even more ancient than the first one and derives from remote September 25. We had our last official vacation week of 2014 back then and besides relaxing at Saka spa we visited E's grandparents in Kõmmaste village, an "easy" 200 km from our own place. It's always like an endless drive but their warm idyllic household in the middle of all the beautiful grand firs and pines totally makes amends. Their two four-legged sausages dachshunds, devious kitty, bossy rooster and constantly clucking chickens are all such cool individuals and I just love observing them. And yes, the chickens too, I even fed them and I love farm animals and agriculture overall.


So, I hope you enjoyed my today's thoughts and photos and I really appreciate you who find time to leave me your notes and flashes of wit despite the fact I'm pretty much as rare as the lunar eclipse here in my blog. I do have big piles of stuff to share and I think next time I will show you a mostly home related haul mixed with a few sweaters and sweatshirts for the chilly season. Which, by the way, started off with the first snow, glazed frost and more than 120 traffic accidents here in Estonia last Friday. But I'm going to show you some snow already in my next post so see you then!

13 comments:

  1. kui see sind vähegi lohutab, siis enamikel on liiga lühikeste päevade probleem - 24 tundi on ju ilmselge narrimine ja siis kästakse magada ka veel, meh. aga mul on hea meel näha, et prillipoisid kasutust leiavad. sulle sobivad need ka väga kenasti! ma siiski imestan, et sa läbi klaaside midagi näed, aga tore on :D ja mitte ei saa publish vajutada ilma, et ma ei mainiks ära, et pildid täna on kohe väga vahvad! kiisukutsupildid tegid tuju kuidagi nii heaks (ilmselgelt). väga-väga armsad! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ma tean samas ka selliseid tegelasi, kellel on reaalselt igav ja pole midagi tarka teha oma ajaga. mul endal juhtus sellist asja viimati põhi- ja/või keskkoolis :D aga jah, praegu on selline pime aeg ka, mis kindlasti veelgi võimendab ajapuudust, väsimust jms, nii-et mis siin ikka hädaldada, eksole.
      ja vot ei saa ma aru, mis hirmsatest kriimustustest sa jahud :D alles hiljuti toimunud arstikontrollis tunnistati mu nägemine väga heaks, aga neid kriimustusi ma ei näe. mida pole, seda pole noh. või siis olen juba harjunud sellega, et klaasidel mõningane "müra" paikneb, kuna põhimõtteliselt kõik mu päiksekad on nii vanad, et midagi sinna ikka kogunenud on.
      ja tänud ka! ma juba igatsen neid Kõmmaste "vorste". tegelikult seda vanemat vorstipoissi, kes on täielik pugeja ja lihtsalt sulatab iga kord totaalselt mu südame. tahaks ka ühte taksipoissi endale koju, aga Elvis ja taksid on ilmselt üks üpris välistatud kombo :(

      Delete
  2. Oh, there you are Miss...I was wondering what happened to you when I didn't see any new posts for a while. Well, good to know all is well. I'm really enjoying the photos from the countryside. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Kristina, I'm happy you enjoyed the photos. hehe and I'm also happy you noticed my absence.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos - those sunnies are gorgeous. xx

    TOPCOAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really adore these photos, even if they are ancient as you say. Its always nice to see what has happened for the time in-between. Your tights are also my favourite! I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend. Hopefully, I will not run into snow, but we shall see, as I have to travel for work soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so, how did it go? did you meet the snow? ;)
      oh and thank you for your sweet words, I'm glad you enjoyed my photos :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, the grandparent's house is the most beautiful and serene place I've seen! *_* And oh, the chicken...made ma laugh! :D
    The hell with Weekends, my whole week is passing by like in a flash. I think it's because the Holiday is approaching, I feel like I'm in a better mood because of it and when you're in a better mood you do tons of crap and time flies by faster. That's my theory! :D
    Love this gorgeous outfit, the booties are fantastic, can't believe they're thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's actually a rooster but yeah, I suspected you're going to like it since the Cretan chicken was your huge favourite as well :D and I quite like your theory! it makes sense. but everything that should be done at our home is not getting done at all and that's an issue I seriously have to work with. it's hard though since my long workdays are draining me and one needs energy to get stuff done! but maybe a miracle will happen and everything will be done by itself? :D

      Delete
  6. Love your printed tights so much and all the perfect-for-fall layers! Those boots are so amazing, I can't believe they are thrifted as well! x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) those are my favourite boots ever. they're comfy and cool, everything a pair of boots should be. (plus they cost me nothing!)

      Delete
  7. Hi Maiken! Came to see how are you doing (I sometimes do, even if I do that secretly) ;)
    I hope my coment comes thru now (it's a mutual thing - blogger tends to eat my comments just like WP ate yours ;( Blogger thinks I am a bot :( !)
    Haha, I can relate to you even tho I'm not working full time and we live in an apartment without a garden - hours just do pass too fast ;D ! I used to blog almost every day before but I gave that up because it was one heck of a stress cause and blogging started to feel like work, while it should be about relaxing :)
    Your photos have gotten even more awesome recently, and as always, you find the stuff to wear that flatters you (even tho with your looks, almost anything would be flattering, I think :D)
    Btw. I love roosters. Roosters are awesomely cocky :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hello, dear Lara! I have missed you and have secretly visited too ;) but what a strange curse with our comments! I hope it's gone now. and what you said about blogging - that's where I can totally relate to you, even though the times when I posted every day are far away, back in the days when I just started my blog. I like blogging but I don't want it to be a harsh obligation, that's also a reason why my posts are so incredibly rare.
      oh and thank you for the comment and all your sweet words :) and I'm sure the cocky rooster says thank you as well ;)

      Delete