8.11.14

Mini spa vacation - day two (MIB* edition)

*Maiken In Black

Hello and happy November! Since my October was not-so-great I'm now desperately counting on a better November that will solve all my problems. According to the bona fide half of my brain it should be something like kaboom!, and that's about it, everything problematic is gone forever! Blue-eyed much? I know, but as someone smart once said, hope dies last. And I'm seriously putting my best foot forward to stay positive and simply give my all when it comes to my part in things. So, dear November, please be good to me, and do not prove hope is actually for fools. Believe me, there is absolutely no need for that.


Now, on a completely different note you may remember this gloomy blog post from last month. I was looking back on the first day of our mini spa vacation in Saka Manor in that post and at last it's time for day two, distant September 23. Although, spa-wise day two simply meant that we woke up, had an extra scrumptious breakfast (their crunchy croissants... yum!), packed our belongings, said goodbye to Saka Manor's very own kitty called Santsu and in a short while made a beeline for Rakvere. Which of course brings us to a teeny-tiny (discounter) haul and an outfit of the day, MIB edition!

So, for starters come the three/four new goodies from good old Rakvere:
I a sweet pale pink Matthew Williamson for Lindex bracelet (€10 4) you actually already saw me wearing in this blog post. Besides, how pretty is its box!?
II a pair of gorgeous turquoise denim shorts from New Yorker (€19.95 1!!!). Nice deal, huh? Summer is forgotten and shorts are dog-cheap. Only too bad I must wait an eternity before they can finally see the light of day.
III a cute set of floral pillow cases (€2 each) simply because we are renewing our whole bedclothes' collection. And that's that.


Now a few quick words about my darkish ensemble. Practically 75% of the things I'm wearing here are thrifted and my especial favourites and current everyday sidekicks are the miniature but compact Florence by Italy bag and the comfiest H&M wedge booties ever. Both are thrifted, obviously.

Emporio Armani sunnies | LINE collection coat | thrifted scarf and golden bracelet | thrifted Zara Trafaluc peplum top | thrifted 25:7 (Bik Bok) jeans | thrifted Florence by Italy bag | thrifted H&M booties.

By the way, thrift shopping has lately been my remedy and passion at the same time. Calvin Klein, Guess by Marciano, Lauren by Ralph Lauren and MICHAEL Michael Kors have been the most prestigious recent findings but my complete list includes more and more smashing pieces. If only we had more sunny days to capture all the haul photos I would like to because in addition to my thrifted goodies I also have some awesome home related ones and they're all worth sharing with you. But for the time being enjoy today's photographs and definitely let me know what you think because I love hearing from you! See you, sweetie pies!

16 comments:

  1. I'm loving those wedges. Very cute. Also....the pillow covers. I'm a sucker for floral bedlinen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bracelet! Thanks Maiken for stopping by my blog :) I appreciate your comments about my header! Do you know any other good Estonian bloggers? Do you ever have blog meet-ups in Estonia?

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which bracelet do you mean? :) the one from Lindex or the one from a thrift shop?

      anyway, my reading list contains only a few Estonian blogs, two or three of them. because almost everyone writes a beauty/fashion blog but I prefer versatile lifestyle blogs that cover home, outfits, food, trips, travels and so on. BUT my Bloglovin' follow list has more than two or three so maybe you want to check them out here: http://www.bloglovin.com/maikenm/following. by the way, I also have a small idea to add my biggest favourites into one list and share them via my blog so when that happens I will let you know! :)

      Delete
  3. Your manicure looks great, and I really love the bracelet and jacket! I do hope that you have a much better November, wishing you a lovely weekend. /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  4. su leitud kott on väga soliidne, mulle meeldib! ma isegi ei mäleta praegu enam, millal ma viimati kuskil kaltsukas käisin. tore on küll asju leida ja kõik jutud, aga minust on kadunud viimase aasta-pooleteisega see selline tuhnimishimu. isegi poes “niisama šoppamine" tundub tüütuks muutuvat. vb on asi selles lihtsalt, et reaalsus on panniga pähe löönud, et nii palju on mõttetut ja kasutult seisvaid hilpe kogunenud just kaltsukatest ja noh, eks ka poodidest allhindlusega jne, seega miski mu peas ei luba asju enam nii lõbusalt juurde osta lihtsalt, et hea hind on vms. a koduosakondades võin lõputult otsida, vahtida ja näperdada :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kott oli tõesti üks väga hea leid, sest nii mõnus on nõnda kerge tegelasega ringi käia vahelduseks nendele (tavapärastele) "mürakatele", mis õlad valutama panevad. ja shoppamise koha pealt olen ka mina kõvasti muutunud. kunagi, ütleme ülikooli päevil, sai ikka korralikult igasugust jama kokku soetatud ja veel täishindadega!!! (ebareaalne :D) siis kolasin pidevalt poodides. aga nüüd on shoppamine ikka väga tagaplaanil. täishindadega asju väldin, sest meie hinnad on ikka täiesti ebareaalsed ja ma ei suudaks näiteks mingi Lindexi või Seppälä hilbu eest üle 10 euro üldjuhul välja käia. tänaseks päevaks on asi taandunud isegi selleni, et kaltsukatest saab põhimõtteliselt kõik, mis süda vähegi soovib, kätte. isegi rohkemgi. ja ma pole ka sellist tuhnija tüüpi üldse. kui asjad on kuskil hunnikutes, siis ma neid vaadata ei viitsi. aa ja kaltsukatega on see tore asi, et teistel neid asju ju pole üldjuhul! huh, misiganes ma selle pika jutuga nüüd öelda tahtsin tegelikult :D kaltsukad (ja korralikud soodukad) on parimad noh!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos. amazing purse. Love your outfit, the black coat is divine. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope November is good to you, and me, my October sucked ballz..:D Adore this darkish ensemble, the scarf adds a nice touch of color ^_^ Love the second photo, looks kind of mysterious *_*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute pictures!

    ♡Tallia
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first photo is so stunning - it looks like something straight out of a magazine. Gorgeous! x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Maiken, this outfit is soo classy! I just fell in love with your wedges, these are perfect! And your coat with the scarf are just too cool

    Btw, the pillow case are so lovely, I wish I had money to buy these kind of things right now aha! But for the moment, money is only for the christmas gift.

    Ps : I wish I had pretty hands like yours, my fingers are too short and crooked :(

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sweetie ♡ maybe you should ask some nice pillow cases from Santa? I'm sure he will bring you some ;) haha and I'm constantly thinking about Christmas presents these days. I should seriously start finding them already!
      by the way, there's nothing wrong with your fingers! my toes for example are LONG. like seriously long :D so no worries, dear, we all have something "special" about us :)

      Delete
  10. You look so chic in the striped top and patterned scarf, it's such a nice look. I really like the pale pink bracelet too. I hope that November has been kinder to you :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh your wedges are so fab! and the heart bracelet is adorable! love it :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,

    Niiice ! :D

    Sarah, http://sarahmodeee.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how most of your outfit's from thrift shops! And I can't believe the sales you have over there, they're dirt cheap. Sales over here would still cost around $20, and that's when it's half-off!

    http://identifyingbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete