21.12.14

It's penguin and Christmas time!

Hey, guys! First things first...
Thank you so much for all the sweet words you left under my last diffusive post. I'm happy you liked it as much as you did. But the dreamy frosty winter wonderland I started my last post with is already distant history and today's real weather can be seen below, behind and around my warm and cosy outfit. Or actually today's conditions are even darker than then, on December 6. Broadly speaking they're a mishmash of grey, slushy, rainy, wet, slippery and windy, briefly - a mess. Just like I was last week but I put up a quick and decent fight and climbed out of it... after a mandatory teeny-tiny wave of despair of course. So I guess we'll see if our holiday weather will be a mess or it fights until it's white and dreamy again. But how do you guys feel about all the fuss around white Christmas? What kind of Christmas will you have?



Anyway, I can't quite talk about our plans for Christmas... because we just don't have many 100% fixed ones yet. But if we happen to do something particularly cool I will certainly tell you about it later. For instance we bought some chilli-lemon and some peppermint gingerbread dough so gingerbread (and cake!) baking is definitely on the agenda. And I also crave a classical yummy potato salad with plain yogurt so that must be made as well. All in all I'm waiting for an idyllic, peaceful and joyful Christmas. That's my wish this year. Besides, our lovely Christmas tree is ready since yesterday and we have all the necessary presents but still must wrap everything.


Now, before I completely forget - my outfit from December 6. I was so eager to wear and show my cutie-pie penguin top from H&M kids that I even overlooked the gloomy slushy circumstances in order to serve you today's photos. And guys, this is seriously the softest piece of clothing I own so the ones who considered getting it - go for it if you haven't yet (link)! Oh and after taking these photos I was skilful enough to step on a secret ice and snow covered puddle and feel the cold water gently filling my boot. How neat. So, after all the complications I really really hope you enjoy those pictures regardless of the somewhat poor light because I think that penguin with the cute pink neck (?) sort of brightens things up.

H&M kids top (link) | thrifted scarf | Sheinside coat (link) | Guess Premium jeans | thrifted boots.

Last but not least - I hope your Christmas time sparkles and shines and all your wishes and dreams come true. And you feel the blissful happiness all year round! Merry Christmas, sweeties!


ps. My Christmas week includes entirely 6 spare days: I have to work only on Tuesday and that's a huge huge yay! Oh and I got rid of my long hair on Wednesday and it feels great! Can't wait to show you!


18 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! And lovely post. Christmas is a great occasion to indulge in cooking and eating good food. You made my mouth water with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well hello! thank you for your sweet words. but I wonder why I haven't received any of your new posts via Bloglovin' :O. I even thought you weren't posting anymore. at least now I know.

      Delete
  2. kui ma selle salajää kohani jõudsin, arvasin, et lause lõppeb sellega, et libisesid sellel :D mitte, et see naljakas oleks olnud, aga noh, let's face it, päris tihti sellised asjad on ju naljakad :D pingviini nunnudust ma ei hakka jälle heietama (mul on tõsine teema nendega...), aga tahtsin veel seda ka öelda, et mulle väga meeldib see teine pilt sinust - su juuksed kukuvad nii hästi sellel pildil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. võin sinu rõõmuks (:D) avaldada, et libisenud olen ma sel nii-öelda talvel lugematuil korril. mõned neist libisemistest on päris hirmsad ka olnud (korra oleks näiteks pead pidi auto ukse otsa lennanud.. võttis ikka seest jahedaks küll). aga mis põhiline, olen suutnud püsti jääda lõpp-kokkuvõttes! veel :D ja muidugi aitäh ka! mu endised juuksed tänavad komplimendi eest :D

      Delete
  3. We received snow on Sunday so we'll have a white Christmas. I love a white Christmas, mostly as you mentioned, because of the light. And somehow Christmas feels more special with snow. I can't wait to see you in your new hair! I also went to the hairdresser today :) Thanks for stopping by my blog Maiken, happy holidays!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy holidays, Elisabeth! yesterday I finally saw your new hair (I have no idea why Facebook didn't show it to me earlier). looks lovely by the way! and I was actually considering the same length but eventually still left it longer. I have fresh photos too and probably I'm going to show the hair in my next outfit post.

      Delete
  4. great scarf!!! happy holidays, dear!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy holidays to you too!

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures, I love your sweater :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/12/sweater-weather.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your look!

    Keep inspiring :D

    www.indahjelita.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaw, the penguin sweatshirt is so cute and hugable! Our Christmas is turning out to be a snow blizzard, will see how it goes. O_O
    Have lovely holidays you guys! I wish you the best of luck and happiness. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello hello, dear Maiken! I was quite happy to see your little note yesterday. You're the absolute sweetest :) I'd been meaning to drop by earlier, but work kept me busy the past couple days. Thank you for all your enouragement! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in transitioning.

    Anyways, your sweater in this post is the absolute cutest! I happy to see your new addition to your car family in this post but I'm sorry to hear about the weather. Hopefully it turned out fine--the wintery photos in the previous post are so ethereal and breathtaking. Also, I can't wait to see your hair! I've been debating chopping mine off and it's wonderful to have blogger friend inspiration too.

    I missed quite a bit, so I just wanted to mention a couple things I adored from previous posts. One, you really are the thrifting queen! I love that green sweater with the feather on it. What a steal! Also, the way you incorporate that colorful kimono into your outfits is seamless. I never expected it to be so versatile. Finally, this one photo from your travels I really found stunning--it was along the water and there were some large rocks along the shore. Seemed like something right out of a movie or something!

    Hoping your holidays were wonderful as well. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's summer over here so we have a sweaty Christmas lol. I've been dreaming of a white one my whole life, trust me, Christmas just isn't Christmas without snow!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. peppermint gingerbread cake sounds so good! Sounds like a great Christmas :) And the penguin top is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your penguin shirt is so cute! Living here in Boston, we love to have a white christmas, just because it seems more magical and it's really pretty with the lights. But I don't like it when it's a blizzard! This year though, it was 50 degrees, so no white christmas and I didn't need to wear a bunch of layers! Happy New Year!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well...I can't wait to see your new hairdo. Also, have a very happy new year. All the best.

    ReplyDelete