8.12.14

Winter came and went... and left a big haul behind

Happy December, you-all! I'm going to start today's post with three particularly wintry and frosty photographs I took on December 2 close to my office during my half-hour lunch break. In other words here in my tiny hometown November ended and December arrived together with temperatures steadily between -10 and -17°C and of course a decent amount of snow came down as well. Luckily it kept going for a single week and then the rain came along and now everything's grey and muddy again. Well, at least it's not freezing anymore, if that counts... I mean, frosty and sunny is by all means beautiful but I do not enjoy the cutting cold very much.


Anyway, moving on with today's wide-ranging post. November 22 was just the right day for a nice little shopping trip in the capital town. We caught an 8 o'clock train, walked a great deal (=at least 6 km), shopped at two different shopping centres and ended up with quite a few Christmas presents and then of course the urgently needed goodies we I gathered for us. So the next six photos will illustrate our day in Tallinn and you can explore the majority of the bits and pieces we tracked down there. Oh and this time I added the product information and other fun facts below my haul photos so keep on scrolling.

H&M kids pile top €14.99 (link). I'm sure it's already obvious why I "needed" that one but if not - it's freakin' adorable, love at first sight! And pieces like my oh so sweet penguin top are the clear reason why it's mandatory for me to always check those kids departments;
H&M home candles 2-pack: a squirrel and a rabbit €2.99 (link).


Tiger gem biscuits €2; white tea with peach, green Ceylon tea, green tea with pomegranate and black tea with forest fruits, all made in Sri Lanka €4.

Tiger Christmas red carved glass bowl with a carved lid €2 and a classic tea-strainer €1. Tiger is definitely the coolest goodie store I have visited so far and since they have 404 stores in 25 different countries I recommend you to locate your nearest store through their home page here. Or have you already visited them?
Joie measuring spoon set €1.40 0.40;
Casa Stockmann tea bag tray set €3.90.

Decor Stockmann Winter Wonderland pillowcases €9.90 7.60 each;
Casa Stockmann LO VE pillowcases set €12.90 9.03;
Stockmann Always kiss me goodnight sign €11.90 4.20. As you can see I went slightly overboard with home related stuff but what can a girl do when she's at her favourite shopping centre, it's Christmas soon and cute stuff surrounds her everywhere she looks? Of course I indulged!

But that's not all! I still have three more pieces to show you (plus our Elvis who shows you how to take an evening nap). All three things are thrifted and the first two were brand-new when I discovered them. So here they come, once again provided with my remarks and specifications.

thrifted AC/DC sweatshirt €4 because I practically live in sweatshirts when I'm not at the office;
thrifted Kristine Vikse Agnes sweater (its official shade - dusty olive) €5. 80% of it consists of warm cosy lamb's wool and it's actually worth around €140 (link).


Kristine Vikse is a Norwegian designer by the way and you should definitely see her wonderful Fragments of Norway scarf collection here. The 50% silk-50% wool scarves are photo printed with six different motifs from Norway. Oh and she started her own company in 2006, by chance the same year I spent two weeks in Norway. Would love to go back one day and get myself one of her beautiful scarves, preferably Norwegian wood or Svartisen... or Aurora Borealis.

thrifted Guess sunglassses from mom who came across a cute case for glasses and didn't even notice the case was filled with a classy pair of Guess sunnies. She didn't need the glasses so lucky me!


Wow, once again I was planning on posting a rather shortish story but things turned out as usual. And I honestly applaud to the ones who had strength to finish the whole thing! Next time I will present another proper outfit post so see you then, and for the time being enjoy the Christmas month and my matching snowy photos!

21 comments:

  1. oh kui imekaunis lumi! võrratu vaatepilt :) ja pingu pildiga pluusike on supersweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aitäh! seda konkreetset võrratut vaatepilti jagus meil kaheks päevaks ja minul õnnestus siis teisel päeval vähemalt mõnigi pilt organiseerida :) muide, kas Sakas on käidud või lähete alles? ma juba ootan pilte ja muljeid!

      Delete
  2. Nothing brings me more joy than your lenghty posts :-D I love them ^_^
    Whoa, you Estonians don't fool around do you? It's like a Christmas fairy tale there! So much snow! *_*
    And omg, the penguin top! I want! I thought about rummaging through the kids section in HM but I was left with the impression the clothes were too small. Should try it sometime!
    The scarves look surreal and I adore the red glass bowl, it's so Holidayish (is that even a word).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you so much, Keit :)
      it was like a Christmas fairy tale but today it's like a mud & dirt fairy tale :D oh and you should definitely check H&M kids department out! I'm sure their biggest size (170 cm) suits you because I have extra long hands (:D) and it still fits me perfectly. give it a try!

      Delete
  3. no appi see pingviinike on ju supernunnu! muidugi ma olen üldse suur pingviinifänn, süda sulab nende peale iga kord. Elvise vasak tudupoos on ka omaette vahva vaatamisväärsus, selle peale heldisin ka veits :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja kui mõnusalt pehme ja sossu see tegelane veel on! ülihea leid tõesti :) ja Elvis ka tänab :D

      Delete
  4. Oooh, winter hauls! Haha, it's too easy to do right now with the holiday season and all the promotions. Great finds!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, all this snow it's sooo beautiful! Those pictures are really perfect Maiken! But I can't imagine how I would go to work with my car with so much snow :O ! And it must be sooo coold, I'm already freezing with 0 degrees ^^
    I just fell in love with your H&M sweater, which is sooooo cute! And the candles too, I wish I had a H&M home nearby !

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such stunning photos - I can't believe the snow on the branches like that. We have yet to get a serious snowfall, and I just hope it's a White Christmas. x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so much snow in these pictures! It looks so cold, but also absolutely beautiful :) Your cold weather outfit is so stylish, I love those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least your home town looks pretty in the snow :) I know it isn't much consolation, but I visited my hometown recently, where the temperature often goes below -20 degrees celcius, and they don't even have any of that pretty frost like in your photos - it's just cold and dreary. But what can you do, I suppose, that's just the way winter is. At least we get to take advantage of the time to wear cozy coats and boots. I love the pair you're wearing in this post!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the snow photos. It may be cold, but it always looks so pretty. Your haul is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wintry photos! Here, we're still waiting for snow...but they have promised some for next week, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. How did your office's Christmas party go? I would love to see photos!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately I have exactly zero photos. but it was a nice simple event, nothing too special or extravagant. first a planetarium show and then an early dinner :)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful pictures!

    xoxo

    http://www.festivalnikon.fr/video/2014/498

    ReplyDelete
  12. The three sweatshirts you got on your trip are also so cozy looking, perfect for the freezing temperatures you seem to be having! When I first read it I thought of it as -10 to -17 degrees fahrenheit and was shocked, cause that's even colder! And as always, your puppy is so cute :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -17°F is also normal here in Estonia in the middle of a true winter. but the coldest we have had here in my hometown is -46,3°F!

      Delete
  13. Those photos are so beautiful. It doesn't snow where I live and it doesn't really get that cold either so I'm always so enchanted by it. I can't actually imagine how cold it must really be though.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a winter wonderland... the wintry photos are beautiful. It looks like you certainly have a chock full of goodies. And, yes, this happens to me often, I think I will write a brief post then, it's quite longer than I expected, haha. I love the adorable top., and much looking forward to your future outfits. Happy Holidays! :)
    Little Moments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Maiken, I am so sorry I wasn't here for a long time, but you can also see that I wasn't in my blog either! It as such a hectic time, the last 3 months - but now I think it will be better and I can visit you more! You know I wrote you on facebook that I missed you! I loved this post, you know I love your stories! I liked your black and white picture, so beautiful and with a great outfit, as usual! The snow pictures are also great, and I wish so much I were in Tallinn, I hope one day I go! I was almost there in March, you know, so maybe next year? I hope so! I loved the penguin T-shirt! And believe it or not, it's the 19th now and I didn't but even ONE present... well, one yes, I gave to one of my brothers. But nothing else :( So busy, now I have to find time to buy something! (I normally buy on internet.) I loved the dog, I love dogs so much! hope you are fine and have a great Christmas!!!!!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Talvised pildid. Kui super!

    ReplyDelete