13.1.15

Christmas recap: part 2 (snow and bummer edition)

Hello! How do you, guys, do? How has your January 2015 progressed so far? Mine has been rather bizarre, and strange things have been happening to me lately. So, here comes at least one odd story that took place a week ago, on the very first Tuesday of fresh-fallen 2015.

Since I was hungry after my 90 minute evening workout and also quite anxious to try the Marks & Spencer apple, sultana & cinnamon porridge I decided to take the bull by the horns and got down to business. I prepared the porridge, diligently decorated it with luscious raspberry jelly and slices of mango and was then directed to our dining and living room with the outcome in my strong hands. It was such a pretty plateful I even planned to take some photos for the blog!


But the next moment it was on the floor, even on the wall and on our boots, in the corridor and in our dining and living room. My poor porridge was everywhere and I could only watch it fly through the air. I immediately thought: "Okay, no photos then... but I can still scrape it up, right? I mean, at least part of it?!". Because another batch required more milk and I didn't have any. So I tried gathering the ceramic pieces and excluding the porridge, mango and raspberry jam in good faith. Until I noticed I had cut my finger and it was bleeding! Conclusion - even the ceramics are sharp. Who knew? And I quickly got the biowaste bin and there my porridge went.

By the way, I'm not the type that drops her dishes on the floor so I was genuinely shocked something like that happened in the first place! Oh and when in spite of everything I began making another batch of porridge with water it boiled over and formed a gooey oatmeal ring around the bowl. It was still good but was the universe trying to stop me from having porridge or what?

Haga Eyewear sunnies | Lindex necklace | thrifted scarf | Guess winter jacket | Brooker denim shirt | Diesel belt | Amisu pants | Sempre boots | Guess wallet/organizer.

Anyway, today's photos have nothing to do with my porridge story. Obviously. As a matter of fact they were all taken already last year: colourful outfit photos above on December 26 and everything else on December 27 or 28. And I have nothing too special or fancy to tell you about those three days.

We spent December 26 in Tartu, just chatting and swapping Christmas presents with E's family. Well and since it was an unusually beautiful and sunny day I was eager to show you my Christmas present from the fiancé - a radiant Guess Dj Quilt Zip Around Organizer in a perky shade called "lipstick". In addition to the colour I love its quilted pattern with tiny heart-shaped studs and its spaciousness is great too. Besides, it fits just perfectly into my fresh deep pink Michael Kors Jet Set Top-Zip Saffiano Leather Tote that I must present you as soon as possible. Maybe next week?!


And before I wrap up - most of the nature photos originate from December 28 when we visited my grandparents in the middle of the scenic snowy woods. Only our little furball Elvis posed on December 27. By the way, when I have to bring out something pleasant about winter it's definitely the existence of such breathtaking views. Then I'm truly able to put behind the cold, hazardous slipperiness, snowy roads, cars, everything and just seize the moment. But when that moment is over, my ephemeral love for winter is gone too and I'm passionately missing summer again! Just like right now... But enjoy the snowy photos and let me know if something odd has happened to you too during 2015!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful landscape and that porridge story is so funny lol, at least you went ahead and made yourself another bowl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think winter is good for it's picturesque views, but then the cold comes in unfortunately, haha. Wishing you a wonderful 2015 dear. Glad to read a post from you. I am finally back from my holidays now. xx/Madison
    Artist Spotlightl

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are stunning!

    Porridge is fussy to make. When I try to do it in the microwave there is a bubbling mess everywhere. I imagine it was a huge pain to clean up.

    That puppy is simply adorable!

    Thanks for popping by my blog : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog ! Do you want to follow each other ?
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeep, I'm so sorry to hear about your finger! Hope it's healing up fine and I'm glad you eventually got to have your porridge. Sometimes it does seem like life is against us haha. But it usually all works out in the end!

    I'm absolutely enamored by your outfit and these stunning winter landscapes. I love the mix of color in your look--the scarf ties together all beautiful primary shades. Your choice of statement jewelry is the perfect edgy touch and I love how you worked in the glam bag. I can already tell it's going to be a buy well worth it!

    As for the photos, Elvis is a cutie as usual, the snow tracks through the forest are breathtaking, and the birds shot is stunning. They all have a very calming vibe that do make me appreciate winter for a moment. But I'm totally with you--let the summer warmth and sunshine return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, your poor porridge! Sometimes nothing seems to go right. Elvis looks so cute as per usual! He looks like he was enjoying the snow lol. And the last picture of the birds is so beautiful! You got an eye for detail :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! What is that mouse hanging next to the birds? Do you know, I met another Estonian blogger this week: Tiiu from http://nurgataga.blogspot.fi/. She was really nice! Do you know the blog? Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear! that Minnie is an old candy jar my grandfather turned into a birdhouse/eatery. but nope, I haven't heard of such blog or blogger... the list of Estonian blogs I follow is very very short anyway :)

      Delete
    2. How come you don't follow Estonian blogs/bloggers?

      xxx
      E from Helsinki, Finland
      http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

      Delete
    3. I do follow and read Estonian blogs but the list of my favourite Estonian blogs is short, maybe around 5 different blogs. I sometimes check more than those 5 but just haven't found too many favourites. foreign blogs tend to have more versatility, I love seeing how people from other countries live, and I also like communicating with those bloggers I've been following for years already :)

      Delete
  8. Hahahaha! Considering my clumsiness, (not the kind of clumsiness stupid people find sexy in stupid romance books), I always break stuff, push them on the floor or pour them on people or on myself, so don't think it's something unnatural or weird :D
    I love this outfit so freakin much, the colors make me happy! ^_^ Adore the gorgeous pants! And yes, you take such breathtaking photos of amazing scenery, I wish we had a pretty winter here too. Instead we have mud and angry people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Keit! mud is better than ice I think. or what? we currently have this slippery ice phase here in Estonia and it's pretty dangerous! people break their bones and stuff. I already miss spring and summer SO MUCH!!!

      Delete
  9. Your photos are getting so very good. I especially love the ones from the snowy countryside. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I wish you would have been a part of the blog trip now in January as well but I know that you'll be back in Helsinki one day :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! So gorgeous!

    xo Ally
    www.gumbootglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, the porridge, - that's the least, of course -, but your finger! I hope you are OK, and yes, it happens! I am sure the result must have been delicious, so I am waiting to see new porridge pictures another time here :) I loved the pictures and the sweet dog, and you are so right - winter (my favorite season) is beautiful and has so beautiful views, nature, a cozy feeling and relaxation at home... like Dec 26th when you were with E's family - it must have been lovely! I really loved the necklace, the scarf, the pants - wow, orange, amazing! And the bag! You always look so beautiful and I love your color match, really great for winter - not always black! Well done!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. kuskilt on siia ilmunud veel üks postitus, mida ma näinud ei ole, kuigi see vist on juba megavana, oh well :D ma selles suhtes märkimisväärselt koba ei ole, et asju maha pillaks ja lõhuks, aga ma olen täielik koba selles suhtes, et löön end pidevalt ära ja olen sinine, katki vms. paar päeva tagasi suutsin ma külmkapist midagi võttes viineripakiga nii õnnetult sõrme lõigata, et see siiani valutab. ja ma isegi ei söö üldjuhul viinereid! selle pärast lõikaski raudselt...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kuigi ma olen juba kevade lainel, siis see postitus tekitas mul tohutu külma ja talve igatsuse. Imeilusad pildid. :)

    ReplyDelete