10.3.15

Brighter shades and shiny newcomers

Well hello, and of course happy March and happy imminent spring too! Only a couple of ephemeral weeks to go and it's officially here. Although here in my hometown it already feels like spring even now, despite a few rare -8 or -5°C nights and frosty mornings. At least pretty much all the snow is gone, it often rains and occasionally we see days filled with intense sunshine. For instance International Women's Day treated us, Estonians, with incredible temperatures around +12°C and temperature records that had been steadily standing for more than a century were now defeated! All those springlike signs have also fixed my spirits a bit and life is not as dark as it was a couple of weeks or months ago, so yay for that too!

But why so snowy (and just a little gloomy) outfit photos when I've just stopped babbling about all that springlike sunshine? That's actually easy - today's outfit photos date back to Valentine's Day when I wore this pinkish, essentially thrifted combination and presented an exquisite gem from a very talented Estonian jewellery designer Kriss Põldma. Her brand is called New Vintage by Kriss and my bold bracelet comes from her TIME TO ROCK™ Bracelets collection. It consists of gorgeous sea green agate and contrasty red leather strap and I picked agate because it's my zodiac birthstone. I absolutely love my bracelet and recommend you to explore her multilingual, super inspirational Facebook page here if you're also in love. Oh, one more important thing - this unique handmade bracelet cost 59 euros and it's definitely worth every single euro!

thrifted 4/5/6 Fashion Concept coat | thrifted SNÖ of Sweden necklace | thrifted KappAhl cardigan | Seppälä pants | thrifted H&M booties | New Vintage by Kriss TIME TO ROCK™ bracelet.

And last but not least I want to share a couple of newcomers among my boots, and once again, jewellery. Those brown leather boots from Polish company Ryłko were a real bargain: initial price as many as 164 euros but I paid 56,05 euros and therefore saved almost 66%! And it's my only high leg pair of boots. Anyway, the golden scarf ring from Guess is a Valentine's Day gift from mom, my only scarf ring by the way. And those Giordani Gold fake pearl earrings are my current favourite earrings. Oriflame's jewellery section often surprises me and 3,27 euros for those beauties was another great deal.


So, at last I was actually able to deliver a quick post and I even felt inspired while doing it! I'm finishing up with a wondrous sundown captured from our living room window and hope you enjoyed the post. And of course don't forget to share your thoughts on everything. Enjoy spring and see you!

20 comments:

  1. Time to Rock on mu absoluutne lemmik NVBYK-lt! need topeltrihmaga käevõrud on mu wishlistis juba parajalt tükk aega olnud ja on väga my cup of tea, nii-öelda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. valisin esialgu kahe ehte vahel, ja too, mis (vähemalt sel korral veel) valituks ei osutunud, oli just üks neist topeltrihmaga käevõrudest, roosaks värvitud ahhaadiga. lõpuks tundus punase ja meresinise kooslus siiski efektsem ja südamelähedasem. mis aga kindlasti ei tähenda, et kunagi tulevikus ei võiks teiseks jäänud võru praegusele seltsiliseks soetada :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I'm not much for sunsets, but this photo is ridiculously amazing! *_*
    How are you feeling? I've been drawing pentagrams and lighting candles, summoning natural forces to heal you, did it work? :D
    And omg, this bracelet, it's so shiny and colorful. It is obviously of high quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your concern, Keit :) I think it's honest to say I have my ups and my downs. some days are pretty good but some are crappy as hell. and meanwhile I'm just scared because the treatment I need is not easy. one option is a surgery and it scares the hell out of me. so yeah, I still need every possible force out there so that the good days could outweigh the bad ones.

      Delete
    2. Don't worry Maiken, it's always darkest before the dawn. Surgery isn't so scary, so don't worry about it that much. It may sound silly and cliche, but the fact is you're not doing anything with worrying, just relax and know there's nothing to be afraid of!

      Delete
  3. That is the sunset from your window??? Marvellous! Really amazing, congratulations! I am amazed by the price of the lovely boots you paid and also, amazed by the beauty of that bracelet! Fantastic! I went to the facebook link you gave and chose two bracelets, but there was no link to buy them, and I really want one :) They re fantastic, as I said! Well done for buying it! And you look wonderful, or looked on Valentine's day, in this amazing pink coat, I love the pattern! And the floral cardi! I love floral patterns, you know! I love pearls, and your earrings are so sweet! I am so glad that you are having good temperatures and that soon you will have spring! And by the way, thank you for teaching me the way to get the posts on the inbox, through bloglovin! As you see, it worked! You look totally gorgeous, I am looking forward to other posts!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Denise! I'm so glad you're interested in Estonian jewellery! I think you should contact Kriss via this e-mail info@newvintagebykriss.com and find out what she says and has to offer for you :) she also has a home page http://www.nvbyk.com/ but definitely write her and tell her about the bracelets you're interested in. let me know if you need any help!
      by the way, you're welcome about that Bloglovin' matter. I'm glad it works! and Denise, thank you for all the sweet words! seriously, they mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  4. Hi dear, I must say that quite like all of the jewellery in this post. I am an accessories lover, and have a few SNÖ of Sweden's pieces I had long ago. What a great deal on those boots. The bracelet above that you're wearing is my favourite, and what a stunning capture of the sun going down. Wishing you a lovely weekend. x/Madison <3
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maiken! So happy to hear you're doing better--I completely agree in that the weather has really uplifted my spirits. The other day, I even got to run outside in a t-shirt and shorts! It was so liberating. The sun just makes me happy, especially since it makes where I go to school so much more picturesque. Hope things keep looking up!

    The plaid peacoat suits you really well--what a unique find. I especially love your gemstone bracelet though--the turquoise geode is perfect with that bright red. Of course, your finds are always so stylish and great deals!

    I'm also impressed you managed to capture the sunset so well. What a stunning view!

    Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three cheers for warm weather! Spring truly is right around the corner. Although the snow does work as the perfect backdrop for this pink, valentine's day outfit :) I love the thrifted booties and the new brown boots. What a steal! Lastly, that photo of the orchid is gorgeous :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely to notice how spring and the increasing amount of sunlight gives us more energy! I so feel you! I'm happy to hear that you are doing better and that bracelet is beautiful! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you had a wonderful Valentines Day celebration & the pinlk overcoat is pretty.The Bracelet looks amazing, the contrast works very well.
    Loved the sunset.Mesmerizing it is !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink coat is beyond awesome dear! :)

    - Che

    www.style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vintage by Kriss käevõru on üks mu unistusi - see on lihtsalt nii geniaalselt lihtne, kuid võluv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oi, ma valiks tema erinevatest kollektsioonidest virnade viisi ehteid, kui vaid saaks! mitte, et mul ehteid vähe oleks eksole, aga siiski, näpud nagu sügeleks pidevalt :D

      Delete
  11. It's cool here too (not -5 or -8 though), but it's lingering at about 7 degrees and the skies are gloomy. I quite like cold weather but now I just want some spring weather to help me get out of bed in the mornings :). I love the bracelet, unique and handmade things are always worth paying extra for, I think. Your cardigan completes the vintage feel too :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  12. 59 euro is a pretty good price for that bracelet. Is the red material leather or imitation leather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's genuine leather and I absolutely agree with you! by the way, New Vintage by Kriss recently opened its new web shop http://nvbyk.com/ and they ship internationally!

      Delete
    2. cool. Thank you. :)

      Delete