29.3.15

Rose garden filled with thorns

Today I don't even know where to start from. But perhaps from the reason(s) why I haven't been writing again (strong, seriously awkward stress on the word again).
So, the reason is this jumble or madhouse that has been surrounding me. Jumble in my thoughts, very important decisions and knowledge, potential life-changing stuff even. And I've been and I actually still am somewhat distracted and thinking about everything that has been happening to me in connection with my health and life overall.

At least I have my fighting spirit mode on instead of the easier stress/whine mode so a definite yay for that. And I may be somewhat distracted but I'm also quite calm and am getting better and better at full concentration so things are not hopeless, not at all. Besides, a tiny spa getaway is waiting for us and it's not so distant anymore. We will stay in a town where merely 13% of the residents are native Estonians and its seven-kilometre-long white sand beach is lined with beautiful pine trees. Oh and my work place has confirmed our vacation timetable and my first one is already closer than three months! But when will you, guys, have your first (or already next) vacation and how will it look like?

thrifted scarf | Sheinside coat (click) | Luxero knit jacket | thrifted Gant dress | tights from mom | Ryłko boots | New Vintage by Kriss TIME TO ROCK™ bracelet | Guess bracelet.

Now, let's talk about today's photo flood. The eldest are my particularly grey and gloomy outfit shots from March 7 above. The weather was absolutely freezing and it started raining the moment I had stepped out of the car to take those photos (therefore those particularly weird expressions and poses). It ended when the photos were in the can and we were heading home, obviously. But fortunately I have got two fresher outfits from a lot sunnier conditions waiting for my future posts.


The second small batch of photos above is dedicated to our little fluffy ball of joy - Elvis. On International Women's Day this little urchin turned five years old and I love him to bits! We got him on April 16, 2010 and my heart still melts when I look at the very first blog post about him here. He's funny, bright and brisk, a little cuckoo and a lot cute. And time certainly flies.


And last but not least a massive pile of green stuff! First of all two vivid orchids I got for Women's Day: the yellow one from dad and the pinkish one from E. Next a couple of early harbingers of spring from the garden: a Rumex I planted last year and a bunch of beautiful snowdrops (by the way, I was lying horizontally on the cold wet ground to get a decent close-up).

Anyway, today's green corner ends with photos of my green babies below. The first collage originates from March 8 and the second one from March 15 but you should totally see today's situation, it's drastically different and pretty much everything screams for transplantation has been transplanted since yesterday. I promise I will post new photos when I'm completely done with that assignment! But my green baby collection contains for example cucumbers, tomatoes, paprika, jalapeños, Brussels sprouts, fennel, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, pattypan squash, strawberry spinach, parsley, rucola and more!


Now, to wrap up I'm going to leave you with another view from the well-known living room window facing to the street, taken on March 18. I hope today's post wasn't too diverse and I also hope you guys found something likeable from the photo selection. I'm always looking forward to your feedback!

26 comments:

  1. Your dog is called Elvis? Haha...I love. He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elvis thanks you, Kristina :)

      Delete
  2. I hope everything is okay, I love this outfit, and particularly that scarf. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Jacqueline. I guess it has to be okay :)

      Delete
  3. Let the countdown to vacation time begin! Haha, I've got mine coming up in just over a month, so I'm ecstatic for that to arrive. So far, I'm hoping to take a roadtrip to Oregon, but that's still up in the air.
    Anyway, hope you're doing well and that your mind might be at ease over whatever might be troubling you.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Linda! :) thank you so much for your sweet words and wishes! by the way, I googled Oregon and wow, how many amazing sights it has (Painted Hills, Crater Lake, The Columbia River Gorge... just wow). I hope you can go and I also hope I can go one day.

      Delete
  4. mis totakaid piiksuvaid hääli ma siin nüüd seda vana postitust nähes tegema hakkasin :D igatahes uskumatu, et juba on viis aastat möödas ja üleüldse milline armas pisike pall! ma vist ei lugenud siis veel su blogi, sest ma ei olnud seda postitust justkui varem näinud. väga nunnu igatahes ja mul vist peaks äkki endal ka kuskil-kuskil kõvakettal või ma ei tea kus olema mõni pilt sellest päevast, kui me teda hoidsime, kui ta veel selline mini oli. kvaliteediga ilmselt ei hiilga, aga äkki mul õnnestub need üles leida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ma ütlen iga kord, kui neid kutsikapõlve pilte vaatan, endale häälekalt "aww" :) ja väga lahe oleks su pilte ka näha! muide, loodan siiralt, et oled midagi kuulnud sellest meie spa asjast ja faktist, et Eldur siis ootab teid jälle :)

      Delete
  5. A lovely post, for sure! I love flowers and the orchids that your dad and E. gave to you are amazing! I am also amazed by Elvis, he is soooo sweet!!!! You know I love pet-friends! I also saw the amazing bracelet and it reminded me of visiting the shop now :) It's really amazing! I liked the pictures and didn't think you looked strange, on the contrary, always beautiful! I like checked patterns and grey very much, so I really loved your outfit! By the way, how cool is your selection of plants? I love fennel, brussels sprouts... and as a coincidence, I have basil planted and yesterday I bought more seeds to plant! Now, I am sorry that you feel stressed... and yes, life changing decisions can stress us very much... I hope you decide for the best for you, of course... count on me if you want to write and put anything out of your chest... and yay for vacations! I think this place with 13% of Estonians is great! I'd love to visit it!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thank you thank you, Denise! for every sweet and thoughtful word. they always make my day and give me positive vibes. and maybe I will write you when the right moment comes, hehe, you know, when I feel like writing a very long letter. I have already thought about it :)
      by the way, this place is called Narva-Jõesuu if you want to google it. and why not visit it when one day you will travel to Estonia? somehow I'm sure you will :)

      Delete
  6. I hope that you manage to sort out everything you're going through, I can completely relate to the feeling that when you have lots of things on your plate sometimes blogging is the last thing you want to be doing.

    I love your outfit, I've been looking for a scarf like that for ages but all the ones that I've seen in shops have been so expensive, but it adds a nice pop of colour to your outfit. Your photos are beautiful as well!

    Sorry you couldn't listen to my playlist on my blog by the way, I think it's probably due to copyright issues that mean some videos aren't available in other countries. I'll see if there's a way around it (maybe it was the channel I used to find them). But I listed the songs on my blog in case you were curious as to what they were :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Sarah! thank you for your sweet words and understanding :) I hope you will find that scarf. or actually I'm pretty sure you will find it when you're no longer looking for it so stop looking for it, hehe ;) oh and I will most definitely check your post about the playlist again. thank you for listing the songs!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, I'll try and think of a better way to list the songs next time or choose videos that are not restricted for viewing in some countries.

      Isn't that always the way! I always find the things I want when I've given up trying to look haha.

      Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

      Delete
    3. thank you for the list! somehow even the original youtube link started working and I could actually see the videos through that. they reminded me of my university years.

      Delete
  7. Aw, I always enjoy your collection of images, especially the florals. I hope all is going well this week and wish you a wonderful April dear. I'm sure you're excited for a holiday. Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment and visit. <3
    /Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you too, Madison! I'm really happy you enjoyed the photos!

      Delete
  8. Haaa! Ja kasvavadki! Vaatamata sellele, et teil oli kuuldavasti õues lumi maas. Mitte, et taimed soojas toas kasvada ei tahaks. :) Ja see kuts - ma tuvastan tal mingeid tõukoera jooni, eriti reetlikud on need vahvad vuntsid seal nina peal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ametliku versiooni kohaselt peaks Elvis 100% puhas krants olema, aga kuna seal peres oli lisaks krantsidele ka üks chow chow, on meilgi omad kahtlused tekkinud :D eriti seoses tema kasukaga, mis pole üldse vanemate kasukate sarnane.
      aga lund on tänagi jõudsalt alla sadanud. vahepeal oli maa täitsa valge. ja kui nii edasi läheb, peavad taimed veel tükk aega toas peidus olema.

      Delete
  9. Hello, Maiken! So good to see you again--I know exactly how you feel with all the disorienting piles of things to do. Make sure to take care of yourself first! We like to see you healthy and happy :) I'll be cheering for you the whole way--glad to hear you're determined and get a chance to relax soon! I've never been to a spa, but I imagine it's lovely.

    Your outfit is very sleek and I'm liking the layers and the pop of color from the scarf. Hope it warms up for you soon! Happy birthday to Elvis--I loved looking at the throwback post. Also, those plants look like a fun project--I used to plant flowers with my grandmother and those are some fond memories.

    Wishing you only the best!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Lily! thank you thank you thank you! for all the kind wishes and sweet words. gosh and I hope you can visit a spa soon! I'm sure you would love the experience. maybe a massage, some swimming and sauna, delicious food... sounds nice, huh? ;)

      Delete
  10. Happy Easter! I love the flower photos and your garden! It looks just so lovely! I hope you are feeling better, it would be interesting to learn more about what kind of life changes you are facing. My proper summer holiday will be in July and September, but I might take a couple of days off already in May. We haven't decided yet where to go, but it will be a warm place, that is for sure :) Thank you Maiken for stopping by my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth, for such a sweet comment! I'm glad you enjoyed my flower photos. hehe but that would be one very long story if I would have to put down everything that has happened during the last couple of months. I could write a book about it! :D
      oh and how exciting that you guys can travel to a warm country! lucky you!

      Delete
  11. I hope things get better for you soon. At least you have a beautiful vacation ahead of you! Who doesn't like seven mile long white beaches? Elvis looks adorable as usual. Happy belated birthday to him!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post :) happy Easter. Kisses :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you're a fighter so I'm not worried about you at all! :D I know you'll figure things out and everything will turn out for the better, I'm sending so much positive vibes your way, the universe might explode :D Just know we're here for support and try to give less fucks as possible, it really helps. It helped me through difficult times, the less you care and stay happy, the more it becomes apparent that every little thing we worry about, can be overcome.
    Now, onto the post! :D Elvis is just the most adorable bundle of joy :D I love your puppy!
    And omg, your green baby collection made me envious. I want to grow my own herbs but it's just so darn confusing. Maybe you can share some tips and tricks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. your dog is so cute:) beautiful pic...
    http://www.francescagori.com/en_US/fedez-lui-si-che-e-magnifico/

    ReplyDelete