12.4.15

Sparks in the air like the fourth of July

Wow, almost two weeks have imperceptibly passed by and I still can't quite believe it's April already. Can you? I clearly remember how my next break from work was at a hazy distance of eight or nine months and now it's basically two months! How incredibly unreal!?
Anyhow, before moving on with today's photos and such I want to thank you, guys, for all the encouragement, support and understanding you left under my previous reflective post. I'm sure the ones who I'm having in mind know who they are and also know how awesome they are. And having such amazing readers certainly lights up any gloomy day!


Now, one sunny day in March (the 14th) flew by while visiting Rakvere. We shopped this and that for the house and minimally for ourselves (you will see my cosy €34.95 5.95 doggie related finding in a future blog post, also a sunny one). We had late lunch at an eatery called Berliini Trahter where the food looked good and tempting but unfortunately was lacking flavour (except for the orange salad that was accompanying my grilled chicken filet with raisin-nut pilaf). E's pork schnitzel with forest mushroom-bacon sauce and fried potatoes was underseasoned as well and the waiter was incompetent so our first time there was conjointly the last one. Anyway, my blue infused outfit was photographed near a manor house from year 1425 and I just love the glistering sunlit backdrop and golden fields.

Emporio Armani sunnies | Giordani Gold fake pearl earrings | Seppälä necklace and scarf | thrifted Zara TRF faux leather jacket | thrifted AC/DC sweatshirt | H&M pants | Ryłko boots.


Last but not least, before I wrap up I have an appeal to forward. I'm sure most of you belong to Club Smartphone and have been there pretty much forever. Well, not me, obviously. I got my very first (and very affordable) smartphone Nokia Lumia 530 a few weeks ago (only because my old phone suddenly broke) and I'm a complete newbie when it comes to apps and such. So I'm counting on you, guys. Let me know what I should certainly know, what are the coolest and most needed apps and so on (I already tried googling but it produces way too much unnecessary information). So, do share your recommendations and wisdom with me, thank you! See you in the next post!

15 comments:

  1. If it's possible, you should definitely try Instagram! I know you would love it, a visual girl as you are :) Thank you Maiken for your lovely comment on my blog, I would love to hear more about Estonian Easter traditions as I was surprised to hear that you celebrate it in a different way.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Elisabeth above, I definitely recommend Instagram. I downloaded an app called Be My Eyes recently, where you can help those with no sight (video's enabled and they ask you to let them know when the milk will go off, for intance), so it's quite a noble app. I also have Skype and Shazam (that, if you hold your phone up to a speaker, will recognise the song playing, which are useful too.

    The food that you described sounds amazing so it's disappointing to hear that it was let down by it's sub-par seasoning. At least you know where not to eat now though!

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about the food being underseasoned. I can understand not returning. These are such a good collection of photos, and I really love the last two very much. Congratulations on getting a new Smartphone--I use Instagram and Twitter mostly on my Nokia, otherwise several others on my iPhone since some apps are different on it. Have a nice week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, like everyone's saying, INSTAGRAM WILL BE YOUR OBSESSION. Haha, it's an incredibly visual social platform and is a fun and easy way to do daily photography and share it. I love it! Plus, it makes me view whatever I'm doing throughout the day in a photographic mindset. It creatively challenges me :)
    You've seen my app post, so there are those recommendations of course!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, tell me about how time flies. one minute it's the new year's and next it's already summer. can't it get any faster than that?

    and yeah, totally agree with everyone else on instagram! it's addictive! try it!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A manor from 1425! How amazing! And I love seeing lovely places on your blog, I didn't know about Rakvere! It must be lovely! You are so right where did the first trimester of the year go? Passing so fast! I am glad you posted again, in 2 weeks or more often! There was a time that I posted once a month and it takes some time to be used again to more often posts. I know some people post 3 times a week, but in my case I see no need of it, and once a week is enough! I don't have a Smartphone, by choice. I am called strange, extravagant, because I have, but don't use, mobile phones. It's my choice, but toda if one doesn't have things like everybody else, is seen as strange :) So I can't help you with that :) But talking about your outfit, I loved it! AC/DC, great top and even greater jacket! I really love it and the boots are great (I love boots!) You look suuuper beautiful as usual!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, once a week sounds like the perfect interval and that's my future goal as well. earlier I posted even more often than that but today's situation... well, it is like it is, haha. I know many think a couple of posts per month is not enough but I think it's definitely better than nothing ;)
      by the way, I remember our talk about you and technology and I think it's absolutely okay that you don't have a smartphone. oh and of course thank you so much for your kind words! I do hope you will travel to Estonia next year, or whenever you can. you would definitely love it here!

      Delete
  7. siuke tunne, et iga kord, kui siia lehele tulen, on siin kuskil midagi jälle muutumiskuuri läbi teinud :D aga juuksed ka lühmead või ainult mulle tundub?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, pole enda teada midagi muutnud siin juba päris tükk aega :D aga tahaks küll, see on tõsi. mis muutusi sa silmas pidasid üldse? muide, siin on juuksed isegi pikad juba. märtsi lõpus sai jälle umbes 10 cm maha võetud ;) need fotod on märtsi keskel tehtud. aga enne jõule tegin selle asja esimest korda ära ja lasin maha lõigata korraliku hunniku. lihtsam elada selle pahmakata :D

      Delete
  8. ooh your scarf is so beautiful! sorry i havent been around for awhile! missed reading your blog :(( i'm glad to see that youre feeling better since your last! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe we're half way through April! Time really seems to fly. I love the thrifted sweatshirt, and the boots. That's so cool that you took these near a manor that's from the 1400s!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a phone newbie too, my sister gave her old phone to me few days ago and I've been baffled by everything, it looks like an alien ship :D
    And aaaaww, no need to thank anyone,what kind of a blogger buddies would we be if we didn't support you all the way!
    Also, rock on dude, this ac/dc top is bad ass! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Maiken for your wonderful comment on my blog. You really should read Anne Frank's diary, it's a very touching story and, after all, she wrote it to share her experiences with somebody else. It would be interesting to learn more about your grandmother's experiences.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Maiken! I'm totally with you--it's so crazy and wonderful that spring is already here! Hoping the weather has warmed up for you. I love the pops of color on that edgy look and the lovely bucolic scenery. Your food always looks so scrumptious too!

    So exciting for your first smartphone! Like the others, I also recommend instagram since you always take such lovely shots. I also really like VSCOcam to edit photos.

    Wishing you the happiest of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That food looks delicious on your photos. Too bad you didn't enjoy it and it has not lived up to your expectations. Oh , well...at least you know where NOT to eat next time.

    ReplyDelete