12.5.15

NOORUS spa hotel: part 1

Happy May, guys! How has your fifth month of the year shaped so far? Mine has been even slightly too eventful. In other words one of my (huge!) molar teeth was pulled out on April 28 and that surgical procedure was followed by a long, hungry, excruciatingly painful week. During that week, among other "great" things nasty inflammation (or was it infection? or both? who knows any more!) occured, my deep meteor crater wound was dug up again and a drain was installed.

Painkillers were my most loyal companions and when the drain was removed after approximately four days I experienced unrealistically cutting and comprehensive pain... again. So, all in all I had four doctor visits in 10 days and at first I was swimming deep in misery but today the storm has finally passed and I think I can say I'm successfully recovering (by the way, all those "adventures" didn't include any sick leaves because keeping myself as busy as possible helped me battle even bigger blues).


So, let's keep moving in positive direction and peek our relatively recent (April 18-19) spa trip to Noorus spa hotel (visit their multilingual home page here) in Narva-Jõesuu! Our breezy time there started with a surprising, free of charge room upgrade: instead of a 15-20 m² standard room they gave us a capacious 25 m² family room with a bathtub and a beautifully sunlit sea view balcony. Obviously we were pleased with our room and I was especially delighted with the bathroom and its fresh, knobbly textured tiles. Those were the coolest tiles I've seen in a long time (and yes, such seemingly irrelevant details matter to me). I've created three collages to show you the bright and warm nature of our room.


When it comes to our fabulous balcony I've added almost two balcony view outfits in today's blog post (almost because number one is missing shoes, oops). So, one of them is a little brief but it includes entirely two of my recent it-pieces: a thrifted black and white €3 geometrical sweater and those dark red €29.95 2.48 (!!) FB Sister skinny pants from New Yorker. I suspect the kid mohair-wool blend sweater might be a By Malene Birger creation but I'm not 100% certain so maybe someone among my readers knows for sure? Oh and that large scale tube scarf from pieces is already several years old.


Now, the second look involves two newcomers from H&M and Sinsay. I purchased those pieces before arriving at the spa and in addition to the Divided by H&M see-through hearts sweatshirt (€29.99 5) and Sinsay ballerinas (€9.99 6.99) I snatched a bow hair clip (€3.99 1) and a floral soft bra (€9.99 5) from H&M and cute golden earrings (€2.99 0.49) from Sinsay. Sales are clearly the next best thing after thrift shopping!

Prada sunnies | Divided by H&M sweatshirt | thrifted Bik Bok dress | tights via Oriflame | Sinsay ballerinas.

I hope you enjoyed today's sunny photographs and of course I'm going to tell you more about our spa experience (procedures, surroundings, staff) in another blog post since I didn't want to drag out this one. I also have fresh material about gardening and a number of outfits waiting for their turn so I guess you just have to bear with me and all my "lovely" obstacles. Anyway, I'm definitely anxious to create new stuff so see you in the next post!

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better now, tooth pain is always terrible. That hotel looks so nice, the decor is lovely and the view seems amazing!! I'm curious to hear about your spa experience :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Joana, for your always sweet words :) I will not write about our spa experience in the next post but after the next one I definitely will!

      Delete
  2. I am sooooo happy you are finally recovering after all this tooth pain, I can imagine what crap you have endured, I have tooth problems frequently IT SUCKS!
    Really digging this hotel, it's so homey looking, which is very rare for hotels!
    I lovw both outfits, can't pick a favorite, maybe the first one because it feels so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, what I have read here! You had a painful time, with the inflammation and it must have been very bad, and as I said and you, of course, said it before, very very painful! 4 visits to the doctor! I am so sorry about that, but happy that you feel better now and you kept on working... I would have stayed home, but I think you are right, it helped getting busy and "forgetting" the pain. Well, now the Spa - the room was amazing and yes, I love tiles and that was not irrelevant! They looked beautiful and the balcony as well! I loooved your black and white sweater and the top with the heart, sooo sweet! The skinny pants are also lovely and you look so beauiful, as usual! I am really looking forward to more adventures and gardening, yes! My basil is growing beautifully! I think of you, because before I never planted anything :) By the way, I think I can rescue my dress... hopefully... I always go to the manicurist, but was so lazy one day... and decided to test my abilities... not so good, I think! Hope you have a very nice day, dear friend!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Denise! thank you for every thoughtful word. they always make my day. always. and how cool is the fact that you started growing your own basil! I know basil can be quite capricious so you're definitely good at growing it ;) and I will continue with my gardening stories. it's one of those therapeutic things that makes me happy and calms me down.

      Delete
  4. Hello Maiken! I hope you're doing well ? I love this post, the place where your stayed it' so beautiful, I wish I could be there right now!
    And I love the ballerinas and the see-through sweater, so chic and pretty, combined they are perfect ♥

    Have a good evening dear ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Kate! so nice to see you here again! :) I can say I'm doing quite well right now. I hope same goes for you. thank you for the sweet words too! ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh no!! That sounds painful :( I also have to have one of my molars removed in June, it does not sound like fun. But at least you had this wonderful vacation before! The hotel room looks so cozy. I love the plaid sweater you're wearing, you always have the best thrift finds. The ballerina flats you picked up are also so cute :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Mili, for all the lovely words ♥ I originally had another molar removal planned for June 1 by the way but I pushed it to November because I was quite traumatized after the first removal. for some reason I'm sure yours will go better and I wish you all the luck and strength! :)

      Delete
  6. The black and white geometrical sweater looks great on you! Black & white ensembles suit you really well :) I'm happy you got to relax as well, after having such a painful time. The spa experience sounds very nice! Thanks for stopping by my blog Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth :) I do like black and white, but generally with a little twist. that see-through heart for example or geometric patterns.

      Delete
  7. Yikes. Anything involved teeth is usually an unfortunate experience. 4 doctors visits in 10 sounds like a complete horror. Hope you feel 100% ASAP! The H&M heart sweatshirt is lovely. I like the lacy detail. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Carmen, for the comment! since you're new here I will check out your blog soon :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, sounds like a rough week indeed - and you worked through it too!? You are certainly tough. Hope you've continued to recover and are feeling even better!
    Love the lace insets in that cute sweater. :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Linda! :) things indeed are a lot brighter than before!

      Delete
  9. Aw, Maiken! I'm so sorry to hear about your tooth troubles. Having had a couple root canals at 16 and also some redone cavity fillings, I totally feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon!

    Your looks and photos are absolutely stunning, though. I think these have to be some of my top two favorite outfits of yours. The first one is simply so sleek with your topknot and cozy sweater and incredible deal pants. The colors are a great combo too! And your sweater in the second look is so unique.

    That hotel looks so peaceful and relaxing. Your shots really are quite aesthetic! Also, that gold earring set is so versatile--can't wait to see how you style them.

    Wishing you only the best!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, dear Lily, for always leaving me so wonderful feedback! ♥ I'm happy you enjoyed the post and my photos :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, sounds painful. I hope you are doing well now. At least we can see these wonderful photos, the hotel looks unique and calming, and I love the light in the first shot. Your scarf is also nice. Have a lovely rest of May dear. xx/Madison
    Roasted Cabbage Recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Madison, for every sweet thought! I appreciate it a lot!

      Delete
  11. Oh it sounds like you had a miserable start to May. I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend though. I'm very much the same, I prefer to work even if I'm feeling slightly under the weather as I feel more miserable stuck at home. I only really take sick leave if I absolutely cannot get out of bed.

    Noorus Spa Hotel looks absolutely lovely, I really like your room and the setting looks really nice too, from what I can tell from the background of your pictures. The black and white geometric sweater is really nice too, you certainly know how to spot a good bargain.

    With regards to your comment on my blog, I'm unsure as I'm currently trying to use up all the mascaras in my stash. Once I've finished them and I buy some high street mascaras I'll let you know though. If you're willing to splash out a bit, Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme mascara melts off just by using warm water :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you should start your own fashion house! You look so great in your photos and your choice of clothing's chic and modern but not overstated. The hotel you stayed at looks sumptuous! I love spa hotels and the pamper experience. You were certainly dressed for the occasion and I can't wait to read about the spa treatments you had.

    Danielle Richardson @ The Hoste

    ReplyDelete