26.5.15

Once upon a time in May

Hello hello! Since May, that in my book JUST started, is actually somehow almost over, it's the ultimate time to share some of my May moments with you. Therefore all the photos below date back to May 9-14 and include a purely casual Saturday outfit and a handful of newcomers in my developing wardrobe. And of course several green snapshots from the garden because that section in my blog has been surprisingly popular. And let's be honest - I love gardening and I love sharing colourful bits and pieces from our garden with you, guys.

But first off an outfit from May 9. It was a long and weary day, spent more than 100 km away from home, thereby it had to be cosy, casual and action-friendly. It also included two pieces from today's mini haul. For one thing those DETROIT denim by Lindex jeans from Lindex's girls' section - they were a complete bargain, entirely 70% off (€24.95 7.49) and I love their impeccable high waisted cut. And secondly come those colourful, breezy sneakers (€6.99 ≈4), the most comfortable out there. E got them for me from a supermarket a while ago, actually exactly after my molar was taken out.

Prada sunnies | New Yorker tube scarf | Amisu (New Yorker) jacket | thrifted kids' blouse | DETROIT denim by Lindex jeans | Maxima sneakers | H&M hair clip.

Anyway, more about that haul. It additionally holds a pair of gorgeous coral BONBON Lingerie Flower-Power knee socks (€5.90 4) from another supermarket and a partially furry, partially leathery leopard wallet from Mohito (€12.99 8.99). Oh and then there are those Claudia Bianca leather sandals I coincidentally detected while exploring one of the two best thrift shops in my tiny hometown. They were hiding in a big cardboard box between pairs of very weary footwear and for modest €3.50 those gems were mine. By the way, I previously sold entirely 17 pairs of shoes, sneakers, boots and other footgear so the situation in my shoerobe is definitely under control.


So, let's continue with the third bunch of photos, finally the green ones. On May 10 I finished our main onion bed. Yellow and red onions are also growing between the strawberries and I still have a small handful of them waiting for their new earthy nests. My box garden also includes wild garlick, chives, green onion, parsley, rucola, beetroots, Jerusalem artichoke, Brussels sprouts, mint and oregano. Cauliflowers are still pending and fighting for their fragile lives. Carrots haven't woken up yet so I covered them with shade cloth to stimulate their rise. By the way, on May 11 we harvested our first cucumber and at some time I want to show you our greenhouse too. Our cucumbers, tomatoes, paprikas, jalapeños, pattypan squash, zucchini, supermarket pumpkin, fennel, strawberry spinach and more! I hope they will all be fruitful despite our hectic weather and night frost hazard.


But for the time being enjoy today's photo flood and let me know what you think because I absolutely love hearing from all of you! Your feedback and support mean the world to me. Oh and one more good news before I go! If all goes well I will have my first holiday in 2015 after approximately 17 days. That's exactly for my birthday and Midsummer so it just has to be awesome! By all means I'll keep my fingers crossed. And see you in the next post, guys!

19 comments:

  1. Need maxima sneakerid on ikka pööraselt ilusad ja kuidagi väga sinulikud! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aitäh, Ann! seda on eriti armas kuulda :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love how you grow all your own veg, my dad does and whenever I visit home all the produce tastes so much better than what you get in the supermarkets. I'd try it but I definitely do not have green fingers, every plant I'm put in charge of looking after dies!

    Nice bargain picks again! I love those jeans, I'm after a pair of good high-waisted jeans!

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be like that too! my plants always died on me and for a long time I even thought all plants are pointless anyway. then I started liking orchids and I think today I can finally say I do have green fingers and I really love using them! people sometimes change :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, your garden looks wonderful! I can't wait to see what yummy foods you will cook with your harvests. I love the sandals that you thrifted. I'm getting some serious 70s vibes from them which I love. The red bow in your hair is such a cute detail!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Mili! now that you mentioned those 70s vibes - E actually asked me what the hell am I doing with those granny's shoes? men :D

      Delete
  4. It's good to see you here, I loved the summary of these days in May! And by the way, please tell me when exactly is your birth DAY, so that I can greet you properly! I feel like I have met you and gone with you to a nice city, with nature and cafes and I hope we do it one day! So now, the beautiful pictures and news, I loved the things you bought, and for what price, amazing! Jeans for 4.49, wow! And you look so beautiful, I loved the jeans! I also loved the sneakers and sandals! Wow, you sold 17 pairs, this is great! Now room for many more, for sure! And the picture of your dog, so artistic, with the plants! I tell you, I was going to write "wow, you have onions, carrots, parsley and and and! :)" and had to stop, because I see you have so many things! Spinach, garlic, sooo much more! It's amazing! This morning, as a coincidence, I saw the basil that I have planted at home, and they are growing so well, I thought of you! Thank you for the inspiration! Hope you are fine, dear Maiken!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June 14 is my birthday :) and yes, I also hope one day you will come to Estonia and we can sit in a café, take some outfit shots and why not visit some thrift shops. sounds like a good plan, right? :) by the way, I'm so happy you're inspired by my garden and I hope you will grow more and more things in the future because it's so exciting to see them grow! especially when you're experimenting with something new. anyway, thank you very much for all the sweet thoughts! they always make my day!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely jacket! You look great :) Thanks for stopping by my blog Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you too, Elisabeth :)

      Delete
  6. How lovely to see your beautiful garden. We are still waiting for our tomatoes, but finally the lettuce, celery, and jalapenos have come up. It looks as though you have some really great goodies, the platform shoes are really lovely. <3 xx Madison
    Style Delights & Updates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Madison! I'm always looking forward to your posts about gardening. definitely share your green babies when you can :)

      Delete
  7. So many fun things! I'm loving your shoes, especially the tropical themed ones. Perfect for a fashionable summer :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Linda! I have to agree with you ;)

      Delete
  8. Jeezus, every time I look at your greenhouse I have a sudden jealousy mixed with awe kind of feeling :D It's my dream to own a garden and make my own food, potatoes and onions especially, my favorite, yum! ^_^
    Wow, you sold 17 pair of shoes, please tell me how do you do that? :D I have so many things for sale as well, people here don't buy though, maybe because this country is so damn poor :D
    I love the new in you're showing us. the leather sandals are everything! O_O
    Also, loving the green jacket and the divine hairdo, you're so cute with that red bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. potato and onion are our staples as well so I totally understand what you're saying here. we usually buy the potatoes though because our garden is not the biggest one out there.
      but how did I sell all those shoes? well, I gave them to my mother who gave them to her friend who shared everything with her friends and family and that's how it went :D I also sold one pair in a local thrift shop and now have 5 more waiting there. but selling your stuff is definitely not easy. the prices have to be as low as possible or otherwise it's the same you just said in your comment.
      oh and of course thank you very much for such a sweet comment!

      Delete
  9. Your outfit is very stylish...and I enjoyed seeing your beautiful garden...my garden is not as impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kuuule, aga jumalast hea tenkadeleid ju! :D ja taust tundub kohe siuke äge, et seal oleks tahtnud lausa massiivsemat ja mingit eirlisemat outfitiseeriat näha. Elvisele ka tsau :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ma mõtlesin kusjuures täpselt sama, kui seal peatuse tegime. aga no mis sa teed, kui tegemist oli pigem töise (ja lisaks ÜLIjaheda) päevaga. kunagi äkki õnnestub midagi põhjalikumat seal korraldada :) Elvis tervitab vastu (hetkel magab nagu kott, aga no kui saaks, siis kindlasti tervitaks oma rõõmutantsu esitades!).

      Delete