10.6.15

NOORUS spa hotel: part 2 and an outfit captured in the middle of the woods

Happy almost mid-June, you all! Two ephemeral work weeks have quietly slipped by again and I can't quite put my finger on the timeless phenomenon called The Time. Honestly, how is it even possible that one half of 2015 is soon over? We just celebrated Christmas and in a little while we're already going to greet Midsummer. Well, that's just insane! But hey, on the positive side - beginning from June 13 I don't have to get up at 7 for entirely two weeks in a row because it's time for our long-awaited vacation, woo hoo! I guess we'll see what it exactly brings us, I mean besides my very modest birthday celebrations beginning from this weekend, galore relaxing, potential and already confirmed road trips.


Anyway, do you, guys, still remember how I very kindly promised to share part 2 of our April 18-19 spa trip? I bet you don't but better late than never so here it finally comes!
First of all, the surroundings of the spa were just as delightful as my few photos below showcase. Beautiful pine forests, white sand, breathtaking sunsets by the swashing sea, simply the perfect beach exactly behind the spa facilities.
There was an abandoned building in front of the spa but honestly it didn't bother me at all. It's only a shame we didn't have the time to closely explore Narva-Jõesuu and its wooden lace buildings. Which conjointly means we have to return one day, yes?


Now, secondly a few words about the staff. Since most residents in Narva-Jõesuu and also in the neighbourhood are Russian or Russian-speaking you can probably envision what was the main language in the spa as well. Luckily one of our gang of four masters Russian with skill so things were okay. But I for instance (slightly intentionally) don't master it at all and I always prefer our native language Estonian when I'm in Estonia and somehow expect the same from others, especially in public places like spas, eateries, shops and so on. I'm always happy to speak English with foreigners/tourists but that's pretty much it. Language aside, at least everybody seemed nice and friendly which is always a plus and of course absolutely essential when it comes to customer service.

And thirdly our wellness procedures. Procedure number one was called Water magic which is a 30-minute underwater shower-massage that (allegedly) activates your immune system, raises the spirits, improves muscle tone, skin elasticity, structure and colour etc. And though sceptical at first, I was pleasantly surprised about that one! But the 50-minute massage called Mysterious Turkey was chosen by three of us and only ONE got something similar to the official description (silk sheets, cinnamon and other exotic aromas). Unfortunately two of us (including myself) got simply a nice regular massage, no oriental Mysterious Turkey. It was also surprising that even the sound system was out of order. Of course I left them my notes in the room and hope they actually read them despite the fact I wrote in Estonian.


Anyhow, we did totally enjoy their water centre with 8 different saunas, various kinds of jacuzzis and swimming pools, the coolest water circle with fierce automatic flow and by all means their utterly cosy outdoor jacuzzi! Those fleeting hours in the water centre were packed with pure fun! So, all in all it was a fairly decent package for the discount price €110 but currently the same thing costs €249 which I would rather not pay for it although going back is definitely a future option (I mean when more discount packages appear). But visit Noorus spa hotel's home page here to discover more!

Alrighty then! Last but not least it's time for an outfit slash minihaul. I purchased the three heroes of today's minihaul on April 19 when we left the spa and styled this outfit on April 25 when we visited E's grandparents in Järvakandi on the special occasion of his grandpa's birthday. Now, the three heroes are: a black & white cardigan from H&M (€14.99 7) and from Sinsay this little black dress (€12.99 7.99) and big shiny bracelet (€4.99 1.99).

Prada sunnies | thrifted scarf | H&M cardigan | Sinsay dress, bracelet and ballerinas | tights via  
Oriflame | phone case via Aliexpress.

So I actually (and honestly!) planned to treat you with a quick and short little post but it turned out like it pretty much always does and eventually I worked on it for at least three days. By fits and starts of course, not in a row but still, three days! Therefore I obviously hope you enjoyed the whole thing, all the photos and stories and stuff. And of course see you in the next post! Oh and next I will be catching up with your latest posts!

14 comments:

  1. I love your long posts, the bigger the better, really mean that btw! I love to read about yout adventures! Also, that cardigan is the best, looks so damn cozy! ^_^
    And glad to hear your spa went well! I studied Russian at my University, worst 2 years of my life, I hated it and I still hate it, super hard language to learn!
    I seriously need a massage, I'm as stiff as a board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? it is super hard to learn and although I did learn it in elementary school (I think...) and high school and was always good at it I still somehow hate it. I don't want to use it when I don't really have to and I have forgotten most of it anyway.
      oh and I'm so happy to read someone loves my big long posts! thank you very much, Keit!

      Delete
  2. I did love the post and the stories, of course! And the pictures! I am amazed at this Spa, I never heard of an underwater massage, but it seems to be amazing! And Mysterious Turkey, so bad you didn't get what they advertised, and even the soundsystem not working... not nice. Good that you left the notes, hopefully they fixed it. But I am glad you enjoyed the place anyway! I agree with you, well, you have to speak English with me :) But although I know Russian is a language many or maybe 99% of people know (am I right?), it's nice to have the language of the country spoken, so, Estonian! I know some words and sentences in Russian, because of some Russian friends, and they saved me once at a border, where only ONE Russian officer spoke a bit of English. I was so grateful to the words I knew from my friends :) But I will make sure I learn some sentences in Estonian one day, be sure of that! I looooved your outfit, how can you get those prices? I am always amazed! I loved the cardigan and the dress and this sweet bracelet! You look so beautiful, and that event needed nice clothes like the ones you bought (although you always show nice clothes, but these ones are more like "birthday" :) Glad that you will soon go on road trips, enjoy your vacations a lot! I am eager to get to know where you will go and seeing the pictures! And yes... how come... it's the middle of the year...! I don't know what is going on, I think the clocks are adjusted to run!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Denise! thank you so much for this super long and super sweet comment! I'm always excited to see those from you!
      I'm happy Russian language saved you once and I of course agree - knowing as many languages as possible is only good and useful. but Estonia is such a tiny country and we only have one official language - Estonian. therefore I assume I can use it when I'm here. or I can also speak English because it's an international language many people speak anyway. but Russian is not an international language in my book, also not our official language and therefore I don't want it to overpower Estonian. by the way, I'm sure you will love Estonian. it's a beautiful language.
      oh, about the prices of my clothes! if I buy something from regular stores it has to be during sales. otherwise everything's too overpriced here. gosh but Sinsay is an especially cheap store even without the sales so I recommend you to check it out via Google for example. and as you probably know my favourite way of shopping is thrift shopping and when you visit Estonia one day you just have to thrift shop with me. I'm sure you will love it!

      Delete
  3. Even the surroundings are conducive to a peaceful and relaxing time :). It's annoying to hear that the Mysterious Turkey massage wasn't quite what it was advertised to be, although hopefully the hotel took your comments on board. The water centre sounds absolutely great though, if it were me I'd spend the majority of my time there over getting massages haha :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lovely to see that you enjoyed yourself a bit--the spa time looks serene indeed. Stunning photos as well. I could really use a tranquil weekend, as we have been quite busy with working and entertaining friends visiting. :) Your black dress is also nice. Wishing you a great weekend. x /Madison
    Summer Entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  5. ma ei tea nüüd, kas minu Bloglovin on lollakas või on see Bloglovin üldiselt lollakas, aga ma olen jumala kindel, et veel pühapäeva õhtul, kui ma üle hulga aja blogisid uudistasin, ei olnud mu eesti blogide listis sinu blogilt uut postitust ja nüüd ma vaatan, et see on juba mingi ülivana kuupäevaga :D aga kui sisulisemaks minna, siis su viimaste outfiti-piltide asukohad paistavad kõik mulle väga meeltmööda olevat - see on jälle väga äge nende raagus puude, sinilillede ning ülastega :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloglovin' on tõepoolest vahepeal päris lollakas olnud. ei saanud ka mina päris mitmete blogide kohta uute postituste teateid. no ja ega ma ei tea muidugi, kas praegugi kõik töötab korralikult. ei viitsi alati üle kontrollida, kas inimene pole kirjutanud midagi või siis pole Bloglovin' mulle uuest postitusest lihtsalt teada andnud. igatahes olen juhtunud lugema, et ei sina ega mina pole ainsad, kel seda jama esinenud. ja see on tore, kui asukohad meeldivad. ma olen püüdnud nendega natuke rohkem vaeva ka näha, et endalgi huvitavam oleks... nendel üpris harvadel kordadel, kui üldse midagi üles saab pildistatud :P pole just parim blogija ilmselgelt :D

      Delete
  6. Hello, Maiken! So good to see your stunning posts. I've been especially enjoying the touch of bohemian in your outfits lately--the previous one and this one are so chic. I love the pairing of that cardi with that little black dress. I'm also so proud of your flourishing garden in the previous post--what a huge family of plants! Even if they're not all quite out yet, care and patience does wonders.

    Glad to hear you had an enjoyable spa experience overall! I do agree that I would expect people to speak the native language at a hospitality establishment, but if they were able to provide exceptional customer service nonetheless, that's great. The surroundings really are beautiful and I hope you had a chance to relax truly for a bit. You're always so busy! Also, happy birthday--we're both June babies :)

    I totally know that feeling of laboring for hours on single posts. I'm also like that haha.

    Sending you the best of wishes!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Lily, thank you SO much for all the sweet words! reading a thoughtful comment like that certainly makes my day :) and although I'm not sure when exactly your birthday is I want to wish you all the best for that special day. happy birthday to you too! oh and spending hours or days on a single blog post - let's make a club! :D

      Delete
  7. omg wow these photos are stunning, what a cool place!

    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful place, it looks like you had a great time!
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a relaxing time despite the language barriers. The saunas sound fantastic! I love your tights with flowers (?) on them! The bracelet is also very nice :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly cannot believe that 2015 is half way through. Where did the time go?! I love the shot of the sunset you got, and that scarf you're wearing is perfect :) Your second vacation is probably done around now but I hope you enjoyed it as well!


    Mili

    ReplyDelete