16.7.15

The versatile blog award and the realest summer weekend

Hey, guys! I know I promised you the part 2 of our summer vacation tales but in the meantime two very important things turned up and I definitely had to share them with you ASAP! So, as you could obviously draw a conclusion from the very obvious title, one thing is the honorable versatile blog award from sweet Joana (visit her beautiful blog here) and the other thing a very summery and very active weekend (July 4-5). And I'm going to combine those two thematics into a hopefully somewhat fascinating and/or interesting blog post.

Therefore, in the first place let's talk about the versatile blog award from Joana (thank you very much, sweetie!). Naturally every blog award has its rules and so does this one. Here they come, copied from Joana's blog post:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about you
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly


7 things about me
1. Based on Carl Jung's and Isabel Briggs Myers' typological approach to personality my test result is ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging). ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong and they're noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. They usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact.
In communication ISTJs come across as open and natural, as well as precise and to-the-point but they can also be somewhat formal. ISTJs make good project managers (that's me!), mid-rank managers, department heads. And all you just read is definitely "me" but you should also keep in mind I'm a Gemini and occasionally I can be the absolute opposite of everything the test declared and it's completely inevitable.
2. With direct references to the previous fact - I'm a severe perfectionist. I don't feel like doing anything when I can't do it almost perfectly and that can be a huge problem. For example I've been cleaning and assorting and adjusting my wardrobe for years. Yes, YEARS. Without a proper, satisfying outcome. I'll let you know when a miracle happens and I'm finally done with it.



3. I'm a pathological procrastinator, I admit it. When I'm about to do the dishes I procrastinate till 10 or 11 p.m. and then do it half-awake. And since things must be perfect it takes at least an hour to achieve that ideal outcome.
4. I have a thing for McDonald's. Luckily we don't have it in my hometown but when I'm somewhere nearby a McDonald's "restaurant" I just have to visit. Luckily it's not a frequent thing.
5. I love discovering and photographing new places, inside and outside Estonia. It makes me happy.
6. I also love thrift shopping. I'm this crazy thrift store guru who must visit pretty much every thrift shop she sees. And when I come across something awesome I'm once again happy. For example better part of my wardrobe comes from thrift stores but also many cool home decoration items.
7. The TV series I always watch are The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth. With E we watch The Walking Dead and MasterChef. I also loved Revenge and The Carrie Diaries. Do you guys have any recommendations on the basis of my current favourites?


My nominations
1. Keit (Beauty In Insanity)
2. Mili (sharmtoaster)
3. Lily (imperfect idealist)
4. Denise (Denise's Planet)
5. Hebe (cococherry)



And now about today's extremely heavy photo flood and the expeditious weekend I previously referred to. It was July 4-5 when we experienced proper summer here in Estonia and obviously we had to take advantage of this ephemeral wonder* (*this year our usual summer stands for +15 to +18°C and annoying rain always when you don't need it). Therefore on July 4 we first spent around 2,5 or 3 hours at the beach in Karepa. It's our annual favourite and when you look at my previous Karepa posts from 2011 here, 2012 here and 2013 here you can see a smugly four-legged friend who has also pretty much always been there at the same time. Such a sweet coincidence I only now discovered! Anyway, I swimmed in the refreshing sea for the first time this year and it was SO good! And the five photos above were taken at the beach. The next five, including my summery greenish outfit of the day, originate from a scenic cornfield studded with beautiful poppies. I'm glad it happened to be on our way home exactly when we needed it.

Emporio Armani sunnies | amber necklace from Cēsis, Latvia | thrifted s.Oliver top | Amisu shorts | Love Moschino sandals.

Before heading home for good we did some brief shopping and one thing I snatched was this "Keeping it very simple" sweatshirt from Seppälä's girls' section. It was €16.95 5 and I'm pretty sure I'm getting addicted to cool sweatshirts and great deals at kids' departments. Do you guys buy stuff for yourself from kids' departments? If yes, what was your last best find?


Now, in the evening we grabbed our bikes and went pedalling. I had already forgotten how awesome it felt. Riding on gravel roads against the background of beautiful sunset, beautiful horses and thick, pleasently aromatic woodland was exactly what we needed to draw the line at this busy day. We covered roughly 12 km and since my bike is a second hand city bike, not a cross-country bike like E's, I had to work extra hard on those angular gravel roads! I'm not complaining though. Anyway, five photos above were taken during our expedition.


And last but not least a couple of photos above from July 5 when we among other things visited another field to pick our beautiful national flowers aka bachelor's buttons. So I of course hope you enjoyed today's super long and super photo heavy post. I know I worked on it super hard, that's for sure! Definitely let me know your thoughts and well, that's that - see you in the next post because honestly, the amount of stuff I want to share with you is tremendous! Bye Bye!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, sooo sweet, dear Maiken, you are really so sweet! You know, I always say and I bet you agree with part of it, that meeting a beautiful nice sweet girl like you through our blogs can happen, but unfortunately the contrary too :( Oh, dear, I am struggling with an extremely radical blogger person for ages, and it makes me so drained. But then I come here and feel that fresh air, the sweetness, the award (thank you sooo much!) and the beautiful pictures and stories and I can smile again! I don't think it was too heavy with photos, I just loved them! This is the kind of post I like - stories, culture, outfits too, but not only clothes, you know me by now :) So I loved the fields with flowers, both red and blue, and the checked top you are wearing, the flip flops with hearts (so cute!) and the sweatshirt - you asked, so I answer :) in the past I used to buy shoes from kids' departments, but it has been difficult, because of the heels. I also buy beanies and gloves at kids dept. I loved the bikes photos and Karepa as well! And that sweet dog, such a coincidence he was there again! Really lovely! I am looking forward to the new post, you know it! Ah, I read the comment before (weeks ago, don't worry), about the hair! Thank you!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as always, thank you very much, dear Denise! you're the sweetest! by the way, my next post will include even more photos than this one and I'm already working on it! I mean, I have chosen all the necessary photos but now must write the story as well :)

      Delete
  2. I read once before that procrastination and perfectionism are related. When we don't get to do the things as perfect as we want them, or when we simply feel like we have to do too much work to achieve something the way we want it, we feel tired and procrastinate. BTW I'm a perfectionist too :)

    Natalia
    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does sound logical if you think about it like that. thank you for your comment, Natalia! :)

      Delete
  3. Loving all your photos! cute outfits too!

    lifeisashoev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I'm happy that you enjoyed the warm weather, we had the best week here when I had my last holiday week - 32 degrees! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth! wow, that's really hot! we haven't had anything like that here in Estonia this so called summer. still waiting though...

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the award and thanks so much for nominating me :D I love reading these "behind the blogger" type of posts but never end up doing one myself... one day! As you can tell, I am obviously also a serial procrastinator ;) Hmmm I've just started watching masterchef but two other competitive cooking shows I would recommend watching are chopped and cutthroat kitchen. If you like Revenge, I would recommend trying out Scandal!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally do a post like this, I'm 100% sure your readers would love it! so I'm waiting... :D by the way, I have actually watched some episodes of Scandal and it was pretty good but still didn't quite approach me as much as my favourite shows. maybe I will give it another try!

      Delete
  6. Oh, those sandals are so adorable. I love these type of posts to get to know bloggers a bit better. You look lovely. I took some time off, but finally catching up with your blog. Your vivid photos of florals always brings a smile to my face. I hope you enjoy the rest of July. I have one more short weekend holiday then nothing until the autumn/winter. <3 /Madison
    Nautical Embellishments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting, Madison and I'm happy you enjoyed the post! we have almost three weeks of vacation left in August and September and then nothing until next year (spring/summer). if only the weather reminded of summer more because right now it's a little too far from that! but enjoy your ephemeral holiday to the max then and I hope the weather cooperates with you guys!

      Delete
  7. Summer in Esthonia looks so green and wonderful!
    xo
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/weekends-in-great-outdoors.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. siin postituses on nii palju, et ma ie teagi, kust otsast alustada. esiteks, tänks nominatsiooni eest! teiseks, suvepildid on alati nii mõnusad, kuigi ma naudin ka täielikku suveilma, aga lihtsalt, Eesti suvi on kõige ilusam oma rukkilille- ja moonipõldudega :) kolmandaks, kui numpsikud on need lillepotid seinal! neljandaks, jalgrattasõit mõnusatel maateedel! ahhhhh milline jalgrattasõiduigatsus mul praegu peale tuli ja üldse, kogu selline mõnus Eesti suvi, kuigi jah, ilm on vist pigem jahedamapoolne seal hetkel, aga ikkagi. viiendaks, jei lasteosakonnas šoppamisele (eriti sale ajal eksju!)! kuuendaks, see armas karvapall! ma mõtlesingi, et hmm ma olen teda ju juba näinud kuskil... ja seitsmendaks, ma pakuks omaltpoolt välja How to Get Away with Murder'i, see on ka päris põnev sari. seda on alles üks hooaeg ja vist ca 13 episoodi vms, aga ükski neist pole mulle siiani pettumust valmistanud. ok nüüd I'm done :D muideks, leidsin kaks sinu kommentaari enne oma spam-comments sektsioonist, väga imelik. üks oli vist viimase postituse juurde käiv ja teine oli kuskil septembrist (ma ilmslegelt ei tšeki neid piisavalt tihti), aga mul on tunne, et minu Blogger on seekord see idikas, kellel midagi viga on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vaata, et siis lõpuks vastava postituse ka ära teed. kunagi vähemalt :) aga jah, juulikuu oli küll ülimalt "suvine" ikka. kuna ma olin terve juuli niikuinii tööl, siis ma väga ei põe, sest mis vahet seal on, millise ilmaga kontoris istuda, eksole. aga paremat augusti teist poolt ja septembri algust paluks küll ilmataadilt, et see teine puhkus talvejopes ei mööduks.
      muide, see, et mõned mitte-spämmivad kommentaarid spämmi alla lähevad, juhtus kunagi minulgi. mingit loogikat ma seal ei näinud ja ühel hetkel probleem lihtsalt kaduski. tundub, et bloggeril lihtsalt peabki pidevalt mingi kiiks küljes olema.

      Delete
  9. Thank you Maiken for you kind comment on my post about the café! I would love to know how the café is in your town, if it is as nice as the ones in Pärnu.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I should visit it one day I will definitely let you know how it was :) by the way, which ones were your biggest favourites in Pärnu?

      Delete
  10. I love all the flower field photos! I've always wanted to go to one to take photos, but there are none near me :(
    I watch PLL as well! I'm so excited for next week's episode (Face to Face), we're supposed to finally get to see who Charles/A is! And the girls are going to prom, so I want to see their dresses haha!

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the comment, Angelina! according to IMDB there are two episodes left: Last Dance (04.08) and Game Over, Charles (11.08) and I'm glad because two is better than one, haha. and of course I'm more than excited about both of them!

      Delete
  11. Hello, Maiken! Thank you for the shout-out--I'm so blessed to have you as a blog friend and tickled by the nomination. I loved learning more about you. I just recently redid the personality test recently, and I'm always impressed by how accurate it is. Also huge yes to the perfectionism and thrifting! I tend to make things more difficult because I'm always trying to improve something--which is great but also too much sometimes. Your thrifting finds and buys in general are always impressive, too :) My goal this month was actually to only purchase from thrift stores!

    As for these photos, I'm enamored. Your look is so summer--the tie top with the casual shorts and statement necklace meshes well with the field of poppies. That red is so vibrant, and I especially like the closeup of the flowers. And amen to biking!

    Wishing you only the best!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Lily, thank you so much for all the kind words! I'm also very happy we "met" and already looking forward to those 7 facts about you! oh and did you succeed in only buying from thrift stores?? it would be interesting to read about that experiment ;)
      and once again - thank you! I'm really glad you enjoyed the photos!

      Delete