29.12.15

Before 2015 folds up - an outfit, thrift shop treasures and more

First things first - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, my dearest readers! I totally know I'm already hopelessly late but better now than not at all, right? I'm sure you guys agree with me.
Anyway, I'm not going to reminisce about my unbelievably ephemeral 2015. I'm just saying that in a nutshell it has been a challenging year with its very important ups and a decent number of downs. 2015 has definitely put me to the test in many ways and I know it may sound like a very corny cliché but in the end of the day I honestly feel like a wiser, stronger and more content person. Life indeed is a bumpy journey densely paved with lessons, obstacles, disappointments and success.


But I'm going to stop philosophizing now and instead show you my freshest outfit photos from December 19. It was a warm, even springlike Saturday when I and my husband took a lengthy, at least 400 km long Christmas trip and visited his maternal grandparents and aunt who live in the other side of our tiny, 45 339 km² Estonia. For comparison, our honeymoon destination next to Africa is 2034 km² "big" which means Estonia is entirely 22 times bigger than the volcanic island we're going to explore next spring! Can you guys guess which island I'm talking about?

And finally a few quick words about the outfit. Everything else is old but my pastel pink FB Sister jacket from New Yorker was an early Christmas gift from the husband. Long story short - I saw it in the store, immediately fell in love and here it is in front of you!

thrifted scarf | FB Sister jacket | H&M kids top | FB Sister pants | Jenny Fairy boots.

Now, the second part of today's post introduces a bunch of thrift shop treasures for starters, and then a few from our regular stores. So, first off come the ones from thrift shops. That black H&M jumpsuit cost exactly 1 and I got it from my hometown. Those Gina Tricot jeans also cost 1 but they're from Viljandi. And now the two tops/blouses: the AX Paris one with bird pattern comes from Põltsamaa and cost 50 cents and the other one from Janina Schreck I met in Viljandi, it's vintage and it was 1.50. I love both patterns a lot.

But the three pairs of shoes - Ten Points sandals, Bruna Marchi heels and Académy Confort heels - cost absolutely nothing, they're comfortable and so my cup of tea. The golden necklace and cute Christmas balls are once again from my hometown. The necklace was probably a couple of euros and the ornaments were a nice gift from the very friendly second hand lady.


And the second, luckily very thin group consists of a lovely, kind of ethnical 2-Biz (their home page) top for only 3.95 and two iittala mugs from the beautiful Tanssi collection which was inspired by a Czech opera called The Cunning Little Vixen (one 0.4 l mug (link) cost 9.99€ during a special campaign).

Tanssi - meaning "dance" in Finnish - is iittala's new tableware collection illustrated by London-based Finnish artist Klaus Haapaniemi. And I already received two more members from that beautiful collection for Christmas too: a tin box and paper napkins. But those I will show you in another post, probably in a big Christmas/holidays post where I'm going to share our presents, tree and other Christmassy moments.


And last but not least a tiny collection of miscellaneous pre-Christmas photographs I have gathered during November and December. The first collage (except our cheerful Elvis) dates back to December 19 when we visited E's relatives in the middle of those beautiful deep green pines and junipers. My outfit photos were obviously taken there as well and I love the outcome. The second collage shows some of our culinary moments, including self-made Jamie Oliver style burgers, tasty sushi from Sushi Meistrid (link) and E's puff pastry delicacies. I would grab all three right now, they really were that good.


I hope you guys enjoyed today's messy (or versatile) post and I think I can almost promise I will continue sharing photos and stories from 2015 during 2016 as well. Because I have heaps of good material just waiting for the right time. I mean the time when I actually have time and nothing bad comes between me and my blog. It's an everlasting problem - too much material, too little time or inspiration. But know that I'm going to give my very best to be more frequent and active here in this blog because I really want to. So, see you in the next post, next year!

22 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you, Maiken! I really admire your outlook--tough spots are, well, tough, but you can learn so much from obstacles. And it sounds like you have! I know 2016 will be an even greater year of growth and fulfillment with the way you maximize life.

    This outfit is a perfect for the holidays! That deep red scarf is the essence of winter and it complements the lush green forest. What a cozy looking coat as well--how thoughtful of your husband to get it for you :)

    I'm honestly astounded that you snagged that gorgeous bird print blouse for only 50 cents--teach me your ways!

    Wishing you only the very best--can't wait to see what you've been up to the next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Lily, for your always so thoughtful feedback. I love reading those thoughts! and of course I wish you only the best for 2016! let it be a great year for us!

      oh, about that bird print top. it was clearance day in that thrift shop and everything cost 50 cents ;) and it was the only thing I got from there that day.

      Delete
  2. See pingiviiniga kampsun on kadestamisväärselt armas! Ja kui ma õigesti lugesin, et see on pärit lasteosakonnast, siis ma ei hakka unistamagi, et see mulle selga mahuks. :D Või siis, no pool kätt ikka pigistaks sisse. ;)

    Toredat aastalõppu ja veelgi vingemat uut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aitäh, armas Jaanika! :) kõike kõige paremat sulle ja su perele nii vana aasta lõpuks kui ka terveks uueks! ning jah, ostsin selle pehme tegelase eelmisel aastal H&M'i lasteosakonnast. väga kitsas ta just pole, samas väga lai ka mitte. üpris lühike on ta küll, võiks veidi pikem olla talvise eseme kohta.

      Delete
    2. eelmise aasta outfit selle sama pingviini seltsis asub muide siin :)

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, you mean that time when you actually have time? Haha, such an elusive thing! I know the feeling :)
    Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year! It's good to look back and see how much you've grown as a person, and new years are the perfect time to do that.
    Loving this soft pink jacket - looks so cozy and warm!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Win a Longer Lash Serum from Green Esthetics! [International Giveaway]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, dear Linda! have a wonderful 2016!

      Delete
  4. Sushimeistrite sushi on kahtlemata Tartu parim sushi! ;) ja uue aasta quote on täitsa õige, ainult, et vahel nagu keegi teine ikka haaraks selle pastaka ja kirjutaks ise mingit oma ebavajalikku jura vahele sinna.

    selle üle, et kink meeldis, on meil ainult hea meel! Gruusia vein just sellele mõeldes valitud saigi ;) ja me poolt ka suured tänud asjaliku kingituse eest! kreemid juba käigus :) ilusat vana-aasta lõppu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tokyo sushi baari oma on ka väga maitsev olnud, aga meistrite oma oli mulle siiski kuidagi suupärasem. ja ega ei ütleks praegugi ühest portsjonist ära :P

      aga selle ebavajaliku jura osas on sul muidugi õigus. päris kõik selles raamatus ei saagi meie oma kätes olla, kahjuks või õnneks. pingutada siiski tasub :)

      kusjuures, need kreemid asendasid midagi muud, mis meil teile juba pikalt plaanis oli, aga millega veidi nihu läks, ja mis nüüd järgmiseks korraks jääb. nii-et mul on väga hea meel, et asja ette läksid need mini tegelsed!

      Delete
  5. Great post and your pastel pink coat is so pretty. I just bought a pastel furry coat that I love for winter. Happy New Year. I hope your January has started off well so far. <3
    Holiday Cheer For the New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I would love to see that coat you bought! have a beautiful 2016, dear Madison!

      Delete
  6. Is it Mauritius ???? (I actually made some research aha!)
    I love the pants and the lovely jacket that you're wearing ! Moreover, those mugs are sooo pretty, I adore details like these.
    I can't believe how cheap those clothes are :o :o I never found something so cheap
    And as always, I adore your miscellaneous pictures, they're always so pretty, love the atmosphere

    Happy new year my dear ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's actually in the other side of Africa - it's Tenerife! ;) but Mauritius looks absolutey amazing of course and I would love to visit one day!

      happy new year, Catherine, and thank you for the sweet comment ♡ by the way, you must visit Estonian thrift shops if you want to find those cheap goodies ;)

      Delete
  7. Finnish Iittala is the best! My cupboard is full of Iittala/Arabia <3 Love your jacket! Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by my blog Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth! it would be very interesting to see your whole Iittala collection ;)

      Delete
  8. Great Post! and Your pattern scraf is so cute ^^
    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me. I’m also follow back <<

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maiken, Happy New Year and GONGRATS for your marriage :) !
    Funny enough, I feel similar about 2015 - it was a strange year for me too. But what you say is true - things that happen usually teach us something.
    Your outfit is tooo cute and cozy and lucky you for the bargain finds. I'm crazy about that Iittala series but haven't bought any (yet) because they are quite expensive and one mug is not enough for me, I know already.. :D My husband bought one for my mom tho, jelly jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Lara! thank you very much! let's hope your man will buy more of those goodies for you! one is definitely not enough. my Tanssi collection has 10 members now: 2 mugs, 2 little cups and 4 saucers (?), napkins and a tin box. I think I already have to get rid of some older things in our cupboard to make room for all the new ones I've bought during that Christmas campaign :P

      Delete
  10. Great to hear that even though you had some bumps along the way, you ended 2015 on a positive note :) The sweater your husband picked out (or rather you picked out and he surprised you with lol) is so cute! I love the fur detail along the edge. And I am loving the pants! I remember you mentioned them when I had posted about a similar pair from ZARA. As always, you have so many great thrift finds! I cannot believe you got that H&M jumpsuit for only one euro-- I'm so jealous! Lastly all those foods look so delicious. I love the puff pastry pinwheels :) I made a similar recipe recently-- except they were savory! I think I'm going to be sharing them on my blog soon.

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Mili :) definitely share them on the blog. I love puff pastry stuff, both sweet and savory!

      Delete
  11. This scenery!!! Love it, as well as your style :)

    Olivia Irwin Blog

    ReplyDelete