3.12.15

We got married - part 2

Hello! It's already December and... wait for it... it's almost Christmas too! Only 22 ephemeral days left! Unbelievable, isn't it? But it has also been practically three months of marriage for me and the husband and I believe it's a pretty good timing for We got married - part 2. By the way, I decided to share the outcome of our special married couple photoshoot with you separately in part 3. So today's post is all about the ceremony (or simply registration), our quick group photoshoot and the fancy lunch at the restaurant. Part 1 resides here and below I'm just going to continue where I left off more than a month ago...


So I quickly threw my baby pink dress on and E was ready for some life-changing action as well. But our otherwise always highly punctual chauffeur (my father-in-law with his sharp CR-V) was now having a slight wedding fever and suddenly he couldn't find his suit. Stuff happens even to the best of us, I guess. And that was the simple reason why we arrived at the Vital Statistics Office pretty much at the eleventh hour. Which was actually a good thing because the less we had to wait. And you should know waiting for something important is not my forte at all, it seriously messes with my brain. Anyway, meanwhile showed up all our guests and us two were properly prepared for the ceremony. Preparing meant the following things: how, when and where to walk, where to stand, when to move, how to hold my bouquet, how to wear the rings and so on.


And at 12:30 began Mendelssohn's legendary "Wedding March". Or was it Wagner's "Bridal Chorus"? After listening to both pieces again and again I was confused for good. But the husband knew for sure it was Mendelssohn's piece. So, we started walking towards the cool lady who wedded us. It was a surreal and movie-like feeling. There were some mandatory tears from our loved ones and even I stood there with brimming eyes for once but then pulled myself together and enjoyed the cool lady's speech about love. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it was touching. We exchanged the rings, declared everything with our signatures and the groom could kiss the bride, obviously. And then came all the congratulations, flowers and of course important envelopes filled with our future honeymoon trip fund.

Then everyone moved to the botanical garden where vivacious Pillery (link) took our group photos. Arranging and guiding 16 people was of course comical and tough at times but all in all P did a great job managing the bustling crowd. And every possible combination (more than 10 for sure!) with our loved ones was beautifully captured for our wedding album.


And then it was finally time to proceed to the restaurant called Ülikooli Kohvik (link) where we had booked a separate chamber called the Rector's Hall. Our three-course lunch started with the classical bubbly and then came the three absolutely delicious courses. In the first place the beautiful appetizer - smoked salmon salad with poached quail egg and feta, secondly the main course - crunchy chicken fillet with parma ham and mushrooms, served with potato-broccoli gratin, stuffed tomato and blue cheese-lemon sauce. And thirdly a huge creamy three chocolate cake for the dessert. It was our main wedding cake by the way, humble but beautiful. All in all it was a lunch I would gladly repeat even today (and note that I'm disturbingly selective when it comes to food - for example the only sea creature or seafood I eat is salmon).


So I'm going to cut off the wedding stories now and leave the rest for part 3. I hope you enjoyed my part 2 and if you happen to have any questions about it leave them in the comments below. By the way, when it comes to Christmas a tiny miracle happened this year and I was able to handle all the presents already in November!!! Only wrapping left! Oh and we will also have a 5-day long mini break during Christmas, and a Christmassy concert on the evening of December 22 to create the proper spirit. Let me know what are your plans for the holidays and of course see you in the next post!

19 comments:

  1. Ah, Maiken! What a beautiful post. I can tell from your writing that the day was filled with much warmth and love. You all look so stunning and dapper--I love the soft colors and elegant cuts. I especially love that bridge shot--the focus spot on, and that jacket with your dress is perfect. The food also looks so incredible!

    Way to go for finishing the present shoppping already--you're really on top of everything. That mini-vacation sounds like a dream. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    Wishing you the very best, always!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, sweet Lily. I'm happy I was able to pass along at least some of those strong emotions :) but when it comes to our mini vacation we have no specific plans yet so I'm also wondering how will our holidays look like this year :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Maiken, I am sooo glad to read and see the pictures of your wedding! I think you look lovely, amazing choice for a dress and shoes and I have already sad that the bouquet and hair and makeup were gorgeous, because you are gorgeous, very beautiful in and out! I loved the bridge photo, and the cake is soooo beautiful and I like broccoli gratin very very much! I know what you mean, that the speech was very touchy. I remember myself crying the whole ceremony and it produced the most horrible pictures ever, so I am glad you put yourself together and the pictures are so sweet! The whole atmosphere shows happiness, love and joy, and though I know we don't know each other in person, for me it seems we do, cause I could feel myself part of the day! It was so special, with memories that will never fade! Congratulations, dear Maiken, and thank you for this sweet post! I am now eager to see the other part!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Denise, for the amazing comment! ♥ I would love to see at least one of your wedding photos because I'm very curious and want to see the dress, your hair, the bouquet... everything actually! so I hope one day I will :)

      Delete
  3. Awh you guys look amazing! I never get tired of looking at wedding photos, they're so dreamy and romantic - yours are no exception! I especially love your dress, it suits you so well.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, amazing photos! Thank you so much for sharing them with us readers <3

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you too, Elisabeth! ♥

      Delete
  5. my belated congratulations on marriage! That's huge! I'm very happy for you.
    Your outfit for wedding is great - I love such dress a lot more than regular cake-like ones!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Lyosha! I of course totally agree when it comes to wedding dresses!

      Delete
  6. hahaa ja siis ütled, et ma olen imelikult kiire oma kingitustega :D ühe tüki (või kaks) seda pulmatorti võtaks ka praegu täitsa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no tol hetkel olidki, aga mitte imelikult kiire, vaid eeskujulikult kiire ;) mulle mõjus igatahes hästi see teadmine, et nii mõnelgi olid kõik kingid juba paigas. pani pingutama ja mitte asja edasi lükkama :) ja torti võtaks mina ka!

      Delete
  7. Happy holidays Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I love that dress and the cake is so well decorated! Just followed!

    xoxo,
    Natalie
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in a rush, but I just wanted to wish you Merry Christmas, my dear friend, may we stay connected in 2016 with lots of blessings! You are a blessing in everybody's life, I am sure!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this post --- and again congratulations to you. The cake is so lovely as are the charming photos. Your dress suits you too! Wishing you a marvellous Christmas and Happy New Year with your family and loved ones. xx/Madison
    Christmastide

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally I have time to read this beautiful post (and I waited for!), looks like you had a really really lovely wedding.
    As I previously said, you're too pretty in this dress ! And those pictures are so beautiful (can't wait to see part 3 !!!)
    Do you already know where you're going for your honeymoon ?
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas time, now 2016 is so close :o I can't believe how fast this year went..

    Kisses from France (staying at my parent's house during the Christmas period, that was good for the mood :P)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete