21.2.16

February - outfits, hauls and Valentine's Day

Hello hello! For a change I have a very short and simple post for you today. It's mostly about the ongoing hasty February but with only one tiny exception - my first, very casual outfit below dates back to the last weekend of January. Among other things I was wearing my top notch Timberland boots, current favourite bag and jacket and a quite recent, totally brilliant thrift shop treasure - this gorgeous checkered Tommy Hilfiger blouse which cost ridiculous 3.40€. I absolutely adore the pastel green and purple colour scheme against the background of my powder pink jacket!

Guess beanie, leggings and leather gloves | thrifted scarf | thrifted Tommy Hilfiger blouse | Saddler leather belt from granny's closet | FB Sister jacket | Love Moschino bag | Timberland boots.

So, on February 11 mom and I visited this warehouse style bargain sale here in our miniature hometown. They sell second hand goods but also brand new leftover stuff from Finnish Lidl - decent brands like Esmara, Livergy, Auriol, Ernesto and more. I spent 18€ there and got the following brand new things: Esmara two tops set (1), Pieces earrings (2), Crivit sweatpants (3), Livergy pajamas set for E (4), XZ 2in1 Muumi shampoo because it's just too cute (5), Livergy men's cardigan for me (6), skull shaped candy (7), Auriol watch (8), Ernesto sushi plates (9) and Ernesto soy sauce dishes (10). It indeed felt like Christmas all over again! And next time we can serve sushi on proper dishes which is a great success. By the way, do you guys also have such bargain sales in your hometown?


Anyway, next comes my 2016's seed haul in four small groups: (1) yellow beetroot "Burpees Golden", Japanese greens mix, radish "Jõgeva 169", carrot "Nantes 2"; (2) pea micro greens/pea shoots for growing young leaflets, cherry tomato "Minibel", muscat pumpkin "Muscat de Provence", cucumber "Junak"; (3) carrot "Flakker", tomato "Marmande", onions "De Brunswick" type, "Rijnsburger 2" and "De Paris"; (4) patio container seed disks with cherry tomato "Tiny Tim", chili pepper "Hungarian Hot Wax" and strawberry "Baron".

Right now I'm waiting for the sprouting of "Minibel" (another cherry tomato called "Bajaja" from last season is already out and growing!). I also sowed some paprika and pepper yesterday. And obviously I can't wait for the proper spring and gardening season to already arrive!


And last but not least my Valentine's Day (and lately many other days') outfit from last weekend. I was wearing four pieces from the bargain sale I was just previously talking about. And as you can see snow has unfortunately returned big time. But the goal for our little road trip on February 14 was getting this baby pink Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera. I'm already stocking up on its film because obviously this baby is coming to Spain with us! If you're interested in the camera you can discover their official web page here. Oh and do any of you already have this pile of coolness?

Pieces earrings + silver dot earrings from the husband | thrifted scarf | Livergy (men's) cardigan | Esmara top | Auriol watch | thrifted Zara jeans | Timberland boots.

So I hope you guys enjoyed this quick and brief photo post! I still have my Japan Candy Box waiting for a sunny weekend when I can finally photograph its contents and maybe even do some tasting with the husband. And I should also work on We got married - part 3 which is patiently sitting in the drafts right now. Our couple photoshoot is definitely worth sharing here, so why not for our six month anniversary on March 5? Anyway, see you guys in the next post!

18 comments:

  1. Great finds, per usual and those earrings are adorable. I've always had a love for Instax cameras so I can see why you are stocking up on film. :) Great photos and interesting about paprika, that's something we use quite a lot in cooking. I'm still getting loads of use from our jalapenos grown, and hope to have some tomatoes. Enjoy the rest of February. x
    Star Noir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what's interesting about paprika? :)
      I'm trying to grow jalapeños this season too since last year it was pretty successful (especially outside, inside the greenhouse - not so much). we'll see how it goes this time :) thank you for reading, Madison!

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Maiken! I am so pleased to read a new post! I love that you gather everything and then the news are so nice, instead of 3 posts a week, when people force to have content and normally that doesn't work - so I love your posts! Yes, I am waiting for the "we got married part 3" :) By the way, you will go to Spain in April, right? Because we could have met :( Depending on the city. I went in January, but will go again in March. Can't believe we won't make it, but maybe it's good if I go to Estonia once, because no, I don't have all these great shops around! I loved the colors of the tops you bought, numbers 1, 3 and 4! And what for a great shirt you bought, Tommy Hilfiger for that price! I loved the beanie, the boots and the pink powder coat - you know I love pink (it's the topic of latest post :) Next week it will be bye-bye Ireland :( And that camera, how sweet is that? My basil is so beautiful, I always think of you when I see it. So nice that you are planting more seeds! And by the way, loved the electric blue sweater! You look totally beautiful! Hugs and kisses!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the lovely comment, dear Denise :) yes, we will go to Tenerife in April. where will you go in March? :) it does seem like you have to definitely add Estonia to your list then! oh and I'm happy your basil is doing so good. I unfortunately lost one of my cherry tomatoes but already planted a new seed. we'll see how it goes with that one :)

      Delete
  3. Wow I love your outfits! So wintry and pretty, I adore those boots! I have an instax camera too, and I love it but I need to bring it more places! The only bummer is the film is so expensive so I never want to waste it! I love that you're planting a little garden, I'm going to get into gardening this Spring, it seems so peaceful!

    www.vintagelillies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Francesca! thank you for visiting :) how lovely that you're going to get into gardening! do share your gardening adventures through your blog then. it would be very exciting to see! oh and of course you're right about the film, I just wrote the same thing under your last post, haha.

      Delete
  4. We had a little preview of spring (15 degrees!) but it's all gone again, now it's -3 and too cold (I just dream of summer). But as I can see on your pictures, you have Siberian weather :o Looks soooo cold, how can you handle it ?

    You always find cool pieces for nothing ! A Tommy Hilfiger blouse for 3 € ???? That's just crazy!
    Btw I adore your pink jacket, I'm so into pink right know ♥♥

    Your Instax mini !! Soooo cool!I love them, but I find the price of the films too expensive :/

    And I love your blue/red outfit, this scarf is too cute !

    Kisses from Belgium ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, you! ♡ thank you for those always so awesome comments! I just love reading them.
      well, right now we have pretty much the same temperature you guys have in Belgium (-3°C). but obviously I'm already waiting for proper spring with +10 or +15°C and I'm so sick of all that snow and winter clothes.
      oh and yes, the film is too expensive but I couldn't help myself. I want to use it in Tenerife next month ;)
      ps. you should definitely share some pink'ish outfits through your blog then!

      Delete
    2. Hi Maiken! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog ♥
      How is the weather now ? Here we finally have sun and some days even 10°C ! It feels great but I was super sick and couldn't enjoy it :(
      I'll soon share a pink outfit on the blog, finally got myself a pink coat aha! :P

      Ps : Can't wait to see the pictures of your trip to Tenerife !

      Delete
    3. hey, you! well, it's not that bad, at least the snow melts. but they say we're going to have -17ºC next week so that's not so great :( I'm glad you're feeling better now and I'm already super curious about your pink coat! haha and your wardrobe post as well ;)
      30 more days till Tenerife though :P

      Delete
  5. As always, your thrifting hauls are were such a success! Good luck with your garden when spring swings around :) The instax is so cute and I can't wait to see what you snap in Spain!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Mili! I'm looking forward to your Italy snaps as well ;)

      Delete
  6. Brrr...it looks so cold there. Abnd I thought it was cold in the UK, but compared to you guys, we're good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course you're good. but only until our dry spring, summer or autumn comes and you're still under the rain clouds :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, Maiken! So sorry for the super late comment--I saw this a few weeks ago, but then got swamped with work. Your outfit is just as lovely as I remembered it--I love the mix of warm and cool colors and the gingham and tartan pattern mix. The second look is just as sleek a color combo--the stripes on the cardi go so well with the scarf.

    How exciting about your sprouts--I imagine that they've grown much since :) Also, the instax is such a lovely pastel shade, and that photo of you and Elvis is darling.

    Hope your trip to Spain was/will be a relaxing and fun getaway. I can't wait for more from you :)

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, dear Lily! you're right - my sprouts have grown and I want to sow more, maybe even today after work :) I have taken some photos too so I will probably share something already in my next post.
      oh and we will travel to Spain in April but thank you for the kind words in advance :)

      Delete
  8. Love everything with Moomin! And the blue cardigan looks great on you! I love the fact that you had your anniversary on my birthday <3 Congratulations! Thank you Maiken for your lovely comment on my blog :) I can't wait to see what you come up for your birthday!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Elisabeth! March 5 was our halfayearsary, to be punctual ;) and I'm still puzzling over my birthday celebrations, slowly but surely!

      Delete