3.2.16

Snowy stories (January recap)

Happy February, guys! It is the shortest month of the year but for me it already seems to be the most packed one as well. Several public procurement training courses in the capital town, manicure, hairdresser, a couple of doctor's appointments, Shrove Tuesday, Independence Day, E's grandmother's 75th jubilee, the long-awaited return of The Walking Dead and more are approaching. But on the other hand the busier the better because our exciting trip in April comes even quicker then! And I'm already super anxious to soon sow this year's first seeds too! But what I have for you today is basically the recap of our snowy January, including a small haul, photos taken in the countryside, at our own place and during a couple of shopping trips.

So let's begin with eight useful goodies bought in January. First come the six I snatched during January 9 and 10 shopping trips in Tartu: a lovely wintry pillow and cool leopard gloves from Tiger, the prettiest magazine I've ever seen in my life - Daphne's Diary, fierce tiger slippers from a supermarket's men's section, Guess beanie from Denim Dream and the cutest panda hoodie from the husband. That panda has a soft fur coat by the way and I will definitely show it to you in my future outfit posts!


Anyhow, on January 16 we briefly visited our capital town and Stockmann where after highly thorough and long-lasting choosing and the husband's slightly ruined nerves I finally picked out a Love Moschino handbag which came with a groovy foulard as a bonus. I'm in love with its firm shape and textured leather. But I found only one place where they sell it online, the shop's called Cuoieria and it's located here. Oh and I quickly gave away two old bags from my collection to properly balance the bag situation.


But now about the freshest and most needed winter purchase from January 23 - my wonderful Timberland boots from Sportland. I searched and searched and finally tracked them down from where? From the children's section! It's a miracle because I'm actually a bigfoot. They're not the typical ones everyone else seems to have, they don't have annoying laces or zippers, they're truly waterproof and of course super comfortable. In short a big big ♥. By the way, I'm curious which was your latest best purchase?


Moving on with the countryside photos now. At the beginning of January snow started to arrive, thrivingly, and our surroundings looked like a true winter wonderland for weeks. So we visited my grandparents in the middle of the snowy woods and took a couple of wintry walks there. I also did some ice-skating and absolutely enjoyed it and E did some filming. We watched the birds, harassed the cat a little and talked about spring and sowing the first seeds in February. I've already bought 7 new packs of seeds by the way and can show you those if you guys happen to be interested.


Anyway, last but not least comes one very miscellaneous bunch of photos: something taken at home and something during a quick January 10 shopping trip to Tartu. So first you can see a couple of typical play and relaxation poses from our amusing little Elvis. And then some sweet macaroons my mom brought me because I gave her a thrifted Fiorelli bag she really loved. And then of course our very first self-made sushi which was unbelievably delicious and in my humble opinion looked quite skilful as well. I ordered our sushi making kit through this site and we used salmon, cucumber and avocado as our fillings. By the way, the ones who love sushi - which are your favourite (no sea creature except salmon) fillings?


And finally our sunny Sunday shopping trip to Tartu. On our way back home we came across a pack of roe deer, four beautiful animals. And then we took some nature and outfit photos in a hilly location I really love and which you also saw in my previous post. Oh and today all the snow is already gone. It came with January and also left with it during last week. I'm not sad it's gone but it's still nice to look back on those white, crisp, picturesque days. My outfit is an everyday cold weather outfit by the way, layered, very simple and cosy.

Guess beanie | Emporio Armani sunnies | Levi's winter jacket | thrifted scarf | Luxero knit jacket | thrifted Wrangler button-down | Detroit denim by Lindex jeans | Ryłko boots.

So I hope you guys enjoyed today's very lengthy January recap and the snowy photo flood. I don't know what I'm going to share with you in my next post but I'm thinking about a fresh outfit maybe or a Japan Candy Box review because I was happy enough to win one and it's the coolest thing ever, definitely worth sharing with you guys! So see you next time!

ps. A little reminder for you - every link in my posts always opens in a new window when you left-click it so you don't need the right-click to open them.

23 comments:

  1. Ma olen ka ebareaalselt rahul, et soetasin endale talveks Timberlandi saapad. Kusjuures mul pealtnäha polegi väga talvesaapad (pigem pahkluuni saapad), aga seni kuni lumi põlvini pole on need kõige talvekindlamad jalanõud mis mul eales olnud. Olgu vesi või lumi, miski läbi ei saa. Ja mis veel parem, hooldamine on täielik lapsemäng, lihtsalt ootad kui ära kuivab ja pühid maha, jälle nagu uus. Ei mingit meeletut hooldust ja küürimist! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. igati nõus sinuga! ma muidugi enne esimest kasutamist spreitasin neid üliagaralt Collonil'i waterstopiga, aga tõepoolest ebareaalne, kuidas nad vett tõrjuvad! varem mul ühtegi nii võimekat saabast olnud pole. aa ja ma vaatasin ühtesid pahkluuni isendeid ka. need peaks ka millalgi ära ostma :) midagi taolist oli äkki

      Delete
    2. Jah, ma ka enne esimest kandmist spreitasin üle! Aga rohkem pole muud teinud kui lapiga üle tõmmanud. Nüüd hiljuti küürisin korra puhtaks, aga ilusti tuli maha, ei pidanud mingeid kemikaale kasutama, vesi ja lapp ainult. Ja talveteede sool ja muu kamarajura pole ka viga teinud. Samas praegu vist pole palju teesoola olnud!

      Delete
    3. Ahjaa, ma olen väga rahul, et ma otsustasin klassikalistest Timberlandi roomikutest mööda vaadata, need lihtsalt iga jumala teisel jalas!! :)

      Delete
    4. kusjuures ma tahtsin alguses neid burgundiapunaseid klassikalisi, aga Lõunaka Timberlandis polnud numbrit ja loobusin. neid, mis Sportlandist ostsin, nägin üldse elus esimest korda, aga roomiktald on küll mõnus. meil näiteks hästi libe põrand töö juures, muidu alati suusatasin seal ohtlikult ringi, nüüd enam mitte. igal juhul väga rahul, et lõpuks Timberlandini jõudsin!

      Delete
    5. Jah, neid punakaid olen ise ka näinud ja need on tõepoolest ilusad! Kusjuures märkasin ühtesid vägevaid roomikuid veel, vist oli Timberlandi instagrami kontol, mis olid justkui korvpalli nahast vms. Väga efektsed nägid välja, aga ilmselt mingi limited edition!

      Delete
    6. vist isegi tean, milliseid mõtled. see on football leather collection ilmselt. päris ägedad indeed!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I'm being repetitive but these photographs look gorgeous! I only see snow once a year, probably, so I find it all exciting :) Your dog seems to love it as well, he looks adorable, as well as the cat. And I never had sushi or macaroons, need to change that! Hope you have a lovely february :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, dear Joana :) I'm really glad you enjoyed the photos! it's always lovely to hear that :) but wow, you should totally try macaroons and sushi! totally!

      Delete
  3. The scenery is simply amazing! Love snow!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenic photos! Love the beanie! Right now I can't eat raw fish, because of the pregnancy, so my favorite sushi is vegetarian! Avocado nigiris and/or vegetable makis are so good! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Elisabeth! I just googled how avocado nigiris look like because I haven't tried those. will definitely give them a go in the future!

      Delete
  5. Ohh, what stunning shots of the winter dreamland! Elvis looks so happy and you look sleek with those warm layers. I'm also loving your new boots purchase--I love finding gems in the kids section. Things tend to be cheaper and more fun--so much to like :) The colors on that vintage-print pillow are also so vibrant and pretty.

    I admire your policy for new bag purchases--I've always wanted to follow a similar model for clothes in general. I feel like I keep accumulating more and more things, so I wear each piece less and less. It's a really good idea to keep a set amount of pieces and retire an item when a new one is brought in.

    Wishing you the very best--hoping you can catch a some rest and time for yourself regularly. Can't wait to see what you have in store <3

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Lily! thank you for your always so awesome comments and kind wishes! I really do need some relaxation!
      anyway, I absolutely agree when it comes to kids section, they usually have so many cute (and yes, often cheaper) things there!
      oh and I would actually love to follow that policy not only for bags but also for clothes, shoes, accessories, pretty much for everything. because right now I still have way too many goodies in my wardrobe. by the way, we're moving towards a new wardrobe so let's see how it will eventually look like :)

      Delete
  6. Dear Maiken, you had such a lovely January! I am sorry I am a bit late to read your posts, but I was travelling and then I seldom use the computer, and the trip was so tiring that I had to recover from that! Now got better! I loooved the pictures, I love snowy pictures and you look amazing! I loved your boots, Elvis' photos and the panda top, sooo sweet! And yes, the more we do, the faster the times passes and the closest the new vacations will come, in April! The bag is also amazing, and by the way, guess who bought seeds? Yes, me! I know I won't have a green house like yours, but I am planting some things! Basil, for example, I now only eat from my vase :) Hope you are fine, missed your posts!
    Denisesplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, dear Denise :) I'm really really glad I inspired you to grow your own basil! you should definitely share it in a blog post some day! I myself already photographed all the seeds I've bought this year. we'll see if I share them in a blog post or not ;)

      Delete
  7. Wow that's what I call snow! I have to say that I'm pretty happy that we don't have this much snow here, because I'm always sooo scared when I have to drive on snow :s

    Your panda hoodie is sooo cute! and I adore your new bag, really really beautiful ! You were lucky to find those boots in the children section, moreover shoes are always cheaper there :P
    My latest best purchase are my turtleneck sweaters, this winter is really cold, and I'm just happy to have them ^^

    As always I love your miscellaneous pictures, they're so pretty ! And your sushi looks really good! I don't like sushi (well, I don't like the black seaweed and I'm vegetarian..so it's kind of complicated aha), but I would like to try some maki without seaweed one day :)

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Catherine ♡ reading about sushi made me really really hungry right now. hungry for sushi of course, can't stop thinking about it, haha.
      and if I could choose I would of course remove all the snow, I don't like it. yes, it's okay during Christmas but after that it should go and stay away until next Christmas.

      Delete
  8. Ahh, these are some of my favourite type of posts. I love sushi, we actually eat it every week with a couple of friends we meet for dinner. I like all types of Japanese food and sushi, uni, eel, salmon, and etc. Wonderful photos, especially the wintery clips, and the Sunday shopping.
    FASHION TALES // Eco-Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Madison, I'm happy you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete
  9. Ugh, I am so envious of all that snow! I live in the deep south so we are lucky to see snowflakes, and even then we are giddy as little kids. ;) Hah, I absolutely love that photo of your pup pouncing up to eat the snow--at least that is what it looks like he's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy tropical gardens as much as I do! :) We have a cat café in Helsinki as well, https://www.facebook.com/kissakahvilahelsinki/, it's a lovely place! In my newest blog post you can see the flowers I got from my fiancé for Valentine's Day! Great that you like the idea of my coloring book :) The illustrations I'll share on my blog will be already colored, by me :) The coloring book isn't expensive, it's €12,90, so you can buy your own one e.g. here http://www.suomikauppa.fi/product_info.php?products_id=8500.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete