15.3.16

We got married - part 3

Happy March, everybody! Only four more days to go and it's officially spring! And as many as 30 expeditious days to pull through until it's finally time to travel to Spain and properly celebrate our marriage and honeymoon! By the way, we already had our six month anniversary (or halfayearsary, to be more trendy) on March 5. And as I basically promised you last time, it's also the ultimate time to bring out We got married - part 3 and the lovely outcome of our married couple photoshoot. So let's go back to our beautiful wedding day on September 5, 2015.

But first of all, if you would maybe like to refresh your memory a bit or if you somehow haven't read those significant stories at all, then We got married - part 1 is located here and We got married - part 2 stands here. 
Anyway, we were successfully getting closer to the end of our wedding celebrations. The afterparty took place at my husband's parents' place alongside Tartu. That's where everybody gathered after our vivacious group photoshoot in the botanical garden and fancy three-course lunch at the restaurant were over.


But before the party us, the newlyweds, and E's sisters quickly grabbed our little fur ball Elvis and drove to Ihaste, the earthy location of our couple photoshoot. I have to say it was heaps of fun and I'm pretty sure today's photos speak for themselves anyway. P (or Pillery's Photography on Facebook), who took all of our photos that day did a fabulous job and we got some pretty brilliant material for displaying on our home walls and for keeping in the beautiful rustic cork album the girls gave us as a wedding gift (see below).
P also has a lovely new web page where you can check out all of her regular galleries, unique underwater galleries and artwork. Her little cosy online nest is situated here.


Anyway, while we, humans, were gleefully photographing our unstoppable fur ball Elvis managed to lose his little bow-tie which of course belonged to some important relative and had to be found immediately. So half of us were suddenly looking for it from the tall moist grass/hay/brushwood and of course it seemed to be nowhere at first. We did find it eventually so we soon wrapped it all up there and the afterparty could finally continue with the girls and us, the two heroes of the day.


Our party, by the way, was co-organized by my parents and E's parents and most of the food (and two more cakes!) came from Astri catering (see their web page here). I have to admit we were already quite exhausted by the time of the party but still showing some sturdy fight of course. And what I missed for a long time after the party were those wonderful fresh mojitos E (my husband's other sister who has pretty awesome barista skills) made for the girls throughout the night. My craving stopped because I simply decided to become a complete nondrinker since the beginning of November 2015 and so far I've been very successful with it!


All in all it was a long long day which somehow passed by like a really crazy whirlwind. We are grateful to everyone who took part in our special day, who helped and supported us. I was never someone who dreamt of a classic wedding with a long white gown and a church (simply too unpractical and overstated for my taste). I knew we had to do it in our own simple but sweet way and it could not have been better. It's also great to be a married woman now!

21 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post, and love that you continued to share with us your charming wedding details. Absolutely marvellous photos, and the last image is so adorable. My idea of a perfect wedding actually, surprisingly doesn't involve a church either. Wish you both the best blessed year and many more to come.
    Eco-Chic Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind words, dear Madison. I'm happy you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  2. Maiken, this is one of the loveliest posts. Happy six months! What a wonderful way to reminisce by gathering all the photos in a post. The photography is so stunning--I love the subtle blue overtones and the quaint setting. Both you and E look so fresh! I'm happy that the day went smoothly without too many mishaps--so glad that Elivs' bowtie was found :) I also think it's a lovely idea to have a more unconventional wedding--I think formal ceremony wouldn't suit me well either.

    Wishing you a peaceful 30 days until your trip to Spain! May the month be productive and fulfilling <3

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for all the kind words, sweet Lily ♡

      Delete
  3. Happy 6 month anniversary !

    Those pictures are so beautiful Maiken! And you look just amazing ♥
    I like the fact that your wedding was done in your own way, so sweet and romantic! And your little doggy was part of it, that's so cute !
    I don't know what will my wedding look like, but I hope that it will be lovely as yours ♥

    You'll have to be still a little patient until the honeymoon, but it will worth the wait ;)

    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, dear Catherine ♡ I'm 100% sure your wedding is going to be beautiful!

      Delete
    2. I hope so :3 !
      And thank you for your comment on my blog ♥

      Delete
  4. It was a nice little surprise seeing this in my feed today. pretty kisses

    http://travelaround.pblogs.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Maiken!!!!! I am finally back after the long trip I shared, first Dec and January, then I went home part of January and February, and then March spent travelling again and now I am back! Will be a bit "calm" for a while! I guess you know how much I love adventures! I am very very happy to read about this, the 3rd part of your amazing wedding! Well, you know, I wrote to you once, I did it in a very simple way too, but can't stop thinking of a dress :) So I think you did it so well, with a beautiful dress, the sweet flowers, beautiful hair and makeup - you look gorgeous! So sweet Elvis and the cork photo album you got! You are one of the sweetest girls I know, a pure heart, and you so deserved this happy wedding! I am so glad that you share it with us and now just be happy in Spain, hat for a great honeymoon! I am really wishing you all the happiness in the world - I know you will have and you deserve it! Hugs and regards!!!!!!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for all the kind words, dear Denise! they're probably even too kind, hehe. anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the post and I'm going to read your post about coats now! ;)

      Delete
  6. Once again, the photos are stunning and it's beautiful that you carried out the day in your own special way. I think that is something you will cherish forever <3 Once we have our third family member, I will also start to plan better our special day, but I don't think it will come before 2018, but let's see. Now we are just focused on the next big event in our family :) Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving me some great comments. Is it so, that you don't have Ikea in Estonia?

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're 100% right, we don't have Ikea in Estonia and actually I have never been to an Ikea store. at least not yet. maybe the fact will change in Spain :)
      anyway, even I'm excited for your wedding, hehe! thank you for the lovely comment, Elisabeth!

      Delete
  7. Awww, the photos are all so sweet! What a beautiful location! And your sister in law is very talented :) I think I mentioned this in one of the previous wedding posts but I love your hair! It looks beautiful in the half updo :) Have fun in Spain!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Mili :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! Congratulations. How lovely. You both look beautiful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Maiken, amazing pics ! Congratulations to you and your hubby, I wish you a life of happiness and love, you both look happy and so sweet ! I am really glad to read so :)

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion & beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words, Vale :)

      Delete
  10. First of all,many congratulations on your wedding, I didn't even know all this while.Have a great life ahead,have fun in Spain & yes! Your wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous.The aura looked so beautiful. Thankyou so much for still visiting my blog.Loads of love.Avantika

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all,many congratulations on your wedding, I didn't even know all this while.Have a great life ahead,have fun in Spain & yes! Your wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous.The aura looked so beautiful. Thankyou so much for still visiting my blog.Loads of love.Avantika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for all the kind words and good wishes, Avantika. of course I'm visiting your blog! I have a pretty short reading list by the way ;)

      Delete