5.4.16

Pre-spring recap

Hello, April! Time really flies like a sizzling arrow, bigger half of all the snow has finally melted and entire squads of early spring flowers are thrivingly lifting their tiny green heads. It really feels and smells like actual springtime now. And it's obviously the very rearmost time to treat you readers and viewers with a nostalgically snowy bunch of photos dating back to the period between February 20 and March 13.

So I have created four vivid groups for you: an outfit and a mini haul from March 12, February and March bits and pieces around our house, countryside snaps and for the very first time phone photos (because I could use a pretty cool Nokia Lumia 735 for a couple of weeks).


But let's begin with our March 12 trip to Viljandi, one of our favourite (shopping) destinations in Estonia. My mini haul from Viljandi includes:
1. A thrifted black belt with golden dogs, cats and elephants - cost 1€;
2. The cutest khaki green Caterpillar jacket for spring and summer - cost only 6.95€, is truly cosy and those happy stripes won my heart already from the distance;
3. A lovely (metal) welcome sign for our nest - cost 2.65€ and comes from the same store as my Caterpillar jacket. This store sells all possible remains from bankrupt shops and often contains some absolute gems. One of my favourite stores in Estonia for sure!


By the way, my outfit of the day includes one more recent newcomer. It's the brass necklace with rock crystal, amethyst and pink quartz pendants. I bought it from Marili (link), a fellow blogger who makes semi precious stone jewellery and sells those beautiful pieces in her little online store here.

My semi precious stone jewellery collection also holds an agate bracelet (link), zircon earrings (link), turquoise bracelet and probably even more... I should check my older jewellery and clarify the situation. All in all I think I can say I have faith in those stones. But what do you guys think about semi precious stones? Do you own any? Which ones?

Emporio Armani sunnies | Story Telling jewellery necklace | Guess scarf | thrifted MAX&Co. top | thrifted Stile Benetton jacket | FB Sister pants | thrifted belt | Sempre boots.

Anyway, let's move on with the photos now. The extremely snowy group dates back to February 20 and March 13 which were a couple of wilderness days, one for the humans and the other for the whole family. Our brave little fur ball had just regained his health after long weeks of severe inflammation and countless injections. He really missed a proper playtime in the snow and of course we gladly gave him that.


My third group (3.1.-3.4.) contains a few bits and pieces around our house and the fourth one (4.1.-4.6.) is my very first attempt to present you some phone photos. Because I still don't have an Instagram account [insert tumbleweed emoticon here]. I took those last snaps with a Nokia Lumia 735 (link) which I could use while my own modest Lumia 530 (link) was getting some warranty repairs. I really liked the replacement phone, especially its camera and overall handiness but unfortunately (or fortunately?) they don't sell it in my country any more and therefore my puppy love faded a little.

3.1. A thrifted Ikea photo frame (1€), one of my orchids (27.02) and a couple of young peppers and cherry tomatoes (06.03);
3.2. Our sweet sleepyhead (21.02);
3.3. Another blooming beauty (27.02);
3.4. My main sowing day (06.03).

4.1. A very rare thing - me taking a selfie (05.03) and a very ordinary Elvis (07.03);
4.2.-4.3. Women's Day tulips;
4.4. Story Telling jewellery necklace;
4.5. Fresh seeds: chamomile, dwarf French beans Contender and Sonesta, sweet pepper Gourmet and tomato Promyk;
4.6. A mascarpone cake on the left and my men on the right (12.03). 

So I hope you guys enjoyed my small capacious recap. I'm going to make another one as soon as I empty my camera again and assort all the photos I've taken after March 13. For the time being I'm probably counting those 8 or 9 days until our vacation and at the same time working, planning my birthday, attending another training course in the capital town and of course occasionally pampering my dear plants. So I guess I'll see you in the next post, probably at some time after we're back from Spain. Bye for now!

23 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post! I love the tulips
    Davina @ davina-tian.blogspot.ca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for spring! I feel like I say this every time you post a haul but I'm so jealous of your thrifting finds! That black belt is soo cute :) Also I love the necklace! I was recently at the craft store because I wanted to make some jewelry and saw similar stones. Now I think I will have to go back and purchase them! So thanks for the inspiration :) Bummer about your phone :( Either way, the photos came out great! The camera quality on phones these days are amazing. I remember back when I got my first phone all the photos were a pixilated mess but I was still so impressed lol

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the cool comment, Mili :)
      I'm happy my post inspired you! definitely make a post about your DIY project when it's ready. I'm super curious!
      about phones - I'm still thinking about one with a decent camera. Nokia Lumia 735 was really nice but I'm afraid I will not find it from Estonia any more. I have to think about it and maybe look for something similar :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh this little belt is really too cute ! I love the necklace too, I have also some semi precious stone jewellery, and I want more!
    Is you doggy fine now ?? :o
    Those snow shots are magical, but now it's time for spring :P (and for you, time for holidays!)
    I love those phone shots too, you really neeeed to have an Instagram account ! (pleaaaaaase)
    And I love your colorful outfit, great contrast with so much white snow around you :o

    Wishing you a beautiful trip, bring us some pretty pictures!

    ♡ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Catherine ♥ Elvis is as happy as a clam again :) and you're so right about the snow. luckily today it's already gone! about that Instagram thingy... I know I should make the account... one day, haha. no, really, I don't know what I'm waiting for. but I'm glad someone is waiting for that account :P

      Delete
  4. Oh, how nice that jacket is, and what a deal! You always find the best bits. I love those pieces and the belt. I remember last year I took some shots with my Nokia Lumia and it took pretty decent images. I do prefer iPhone for the camera though, but the Lumia is good here. Great outfit and gorgeous photos of the snow and nature. Wishing you a great rest of April. :)/Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words, Madison :) I'm glad you liked the post.

      Delete
  5. Dear Maiken, always a pleasure to come here and see how beautiful you are, inside and out, and the pretty things you do! I loved the Benetton jacket and the kakhi one! I am always amazed by the prices you find! And I want to go to Estonia so much, and to go to this favorite store of yours! By the way, how talented is the blogger-friend who produces this amazing necklace! I do love semi precious stones! This necklace is absolutely amazing! Also, you really look so beautiful, more than ever, I guess you are happy and this is great! Your dog is soooo cute and congrats for the pics with the new phone! I forgot to say, I love pictures done with a snowy background! I hope you have a very beautiful weekend!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the very kind words, Denise. I think you would really like that store and its prices ;) oh and I don't have a new phone. it was a replacement phone but I would love to actually have it instead of my own (faulty) phone :P

      Delete
    2. Oops, I thought it was new, I am sorry! Well, replacement is more or less like it, mmm? Hope you are enjoying a nice weather weekend!

      Delete
  6. Lovely green jacket & pink blazer! Beautiful photos, as always of flowers, nature & your lovely dog <3 I love precious stones! Thank you Maiken for stopping by my blog, and leaving me such priceless comments!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you too, Elisabeth! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, Maiken! It definitely looks like you've been keeping busy--I love the ethereal winter photos and and shots of your killer buys! That necklace is so edgy and unique--I've never seen one that's more statement-style with several stones. You really rock it! I'm glad that Elvis is feeling better and hope that his health stays in tip-top shape. He looks so happy to be playing in the snow :)

    Hope you have the most wonderful vacation and birthday!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sweet Lily! Elvis is as happy as a clam :) oh and my birthday is actually in June but I already booked a small and sweet eatery for the party :)

      Delete
  8. Seems like you found some great pieces. I am fond of the Caterpillar jacket, and love these photos, especially the flowers. The Viljandi store sounds cool in what they sell as well. <3 Take care dear! /Madison
    FASHION TALES // Art Book For Foodies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recap! Love your outfit! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing pictures!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog Maiken!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Check your email's inbox - there's good news! ;)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maikeeeen looking for your next post (pleease a honeymoon oooone :D) !

    Kisses from super warm Belgium



    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photography is so pretty! I started off with your zoo photos and came down here for the snow snaps. Loving it!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete