29.5.16

Summer-like spring in May

Hello! I want to say a sincere thank you to everyone who shared their heartfelt thoughts on zoos with me! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the very first post about enchanting Tenerife and I can assure you there's plenty more where that came from. For example a truly mountainous post about Mount Teide, a spectacular volcano. Its 3718-metre elevation makes Tenerife the tenth highest island in the whole world and you can get a brief glimpse of it here. But that's just a quick teaser for you and today's post is more like a native photo post or why not an ode to picturesque Estonian nature? One group of photos comes from the most idyllic walk ever and the other from our very own and very viridescent garden and greenhouse.


So, for starters a few words about that idyllic walk we took in the territory of a huge local arboretum on May 8. It was one of the most beautiful and also one of the hottest spring Sundays and somewhere in the middle of all my enthusiasm and excitement I fell in love with the place and wanted to move there. By the way, if some of you don't know what an arboretum is then Wikipedia kindly explains it's a botanical garden containing living collections of woody plants intended at least partly for scientific study. Anyway, all those mighty larches, firs, spruces, pines, countless other trees and lower flora were truly beautiful. And for the first time in my life I saw that baby cones were red! Some of them even looked like strawberries or raspberries and you can only imagine my childish excitement. The husband already knew about red baby cones since forever and was only chuckling over my big discovery. But I guess it's true that you live and learn.


Now, the second group of photos consists of some sunny snaps taken at home between May 4 and May 15, all chronologically sorted and shortly explained as well.
1 - The reddish-pinkish outcome of my latest visit to the hairdresser on April 29. And my favourite little furball decorating (or saving?) my silly selfies with his serious expressions and dignity (May 4).
2 - A tomato fragment from the greenhouse and another one from a lush flowerbed (May 11).
3 - My very first attempt to grow sweet potato and the majority of my main gardening tools, inherited from the grandmothers (May 11).
4 & 5 - One of my two baby spruces I have in that lush flowerbed behind those yellow blooms (May 11).
6 - Elvis gone with the wind (May 11).
7 & 8 - One of my favourite and most relaxing places at home - the greenhouse! By the way, I was photographing the Tenerife haul while taking those quick snaps, thence the suspicious basket (May 15).


So I hope you guys enjoyed this photo post... BUT in other news - life lately has been insanely busy. We do a lot at home but still have even more in store. And my big birthday is coming soon! This time I'm going to celebrate it in another town at a sweet little café and as a huge bonus I will not have to cook or clean anything! I'm also waiting for the St John's weekend which brings entirely 4 free days for the working people this year. And one more thing - I must catch up with The Vampire Diaries as soon as possible! My season 7 stopped when we went to Spain which means I have 5 episodes to watch!! Which is pretty exciting actually. Anyway, I'll see you already in the next post. Maybe it will be about Spanish Mount Teide or maybe about our May 21 road trip to Latvia or why not a versatile Tenerife haul. I guess we'll see! Or which one of them would you like to read next? Let me know!

26 comments:

  1. Those baby cones are so cute! Haha thanks for sharing with us.
    Nothing like a greenhouse and some Vampire Diaries to come back to :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you know about baby cones being red? am I really the only one who didn't? :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful, and how fun that you are attempting to grow sweet potatoes. We have not done that yet, but finally have some lettuce, tomatoes, and loads of herbs in the garden. I'm sure that you're looking forward to your birthday! Lovely photos as always. Hope you enjoy the rest of your spring and welcome summer. <3
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Madison :) I can't wait to have our own tomatoes already! by the way, you should definitely make a post about your garden. I would love to see it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful natural photos <3 The volcano sounds exciting! I've only visited one, on Sicily, and that was a magical trip so I can't wait to read more about your experiences!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth :) I will definitely write about Mount Teide! in fact - we want to visit it once again when we go back to Tenerife because last time the cable cars were not operating due to 100 m/s wind.

      Delete
  4. I don't know, dear Maiken, the Mount Teide seems to be great, the Tenerife haul too, and Latvia too... maybe I'll choose Latvia, but of course, do what suits you better! I love your posts, they show so much - you, so lovely, Elvis, so sweet, nature, strolling, and the green house! I am in love with your green house, I think it is so good for the soul! As I told you, I have now planted a pine - but because it is in a vase, it is small, but can suit as Christmas tree, why not :) Then basil and I use them to cook and pepper - but I don't eat pepper, I just planted and it looks nice. So maybe I will try other things! I am still battling the awful flu, so not now, one day. Oh yes, soon you'll have a nice birthday! Good that you don't need to cook or clean! :) Hope you have a very nice week!
    DenisesPlnet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh I hope you're going to be fine soon! keeping my fingers crossed for you. but thank you for the comment! I didn't actually know you've planted a pine. so cool! by the way, I found out I didn't take too many pictures while in Latvia, oops. I guess we'll see how the next post is going to look like :)

      Delete
  5. Your garden looks so great! Your plants look like they're thriving :) And as far as I'm concerned, puppies can only make selfies better ;) I love when I get behind on a tv show... because then I can binge watch a few episodes! It means dealing with much less cliffhangers lol. Hmmm, as for your next post-- all of the options sound good lol

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Mili! I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing your garden by the way ;) haha and I have two episodes of TVD still waiting, and now PLL too! exciting! :D

      Delete
  6. Oh this post smells like summer ! As always, the pictures are gorgeous, and I didn't saw baby cones before, it's soo cute !
    Love your new hair, such a cool idea !
    Can't wait to read your next post about Tenerife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Catherine :) I'm glad you liked the post! a new one about Tenerife is up now! and there will be more in the future :)

      Delete
  7. ehh, see on omamoodi armas, see männikäbide avastus :) ja seda postitust üle tšekates avastasin, et ega ma vist ei teadnudki, kus te siis lõpuks ära käisite vahepeal. või kui keegi on öelnud, siis on see mul kõrvust mööda läinud... mul tuli igatahes Hispaania peale mõeldes kirjeldamatu paella isu näiteks :D aga sa oled viie kuu jooksul tunduvalt agaram postitaja olnud, et ma ei teagi, kas ja millal ma suudan nüüd järele vedada end ja lugemata jäänud postitused läbi lugeda. siiani ma olen vanadesse lemmikutesse tagasi läinud suhteliselt where I left off - mõnedes on päris põnevad ja märkimisväärsed elumuutused muidugi toimunud, nii et huvitav on end taas asjadega kurssi viia :D aga lõpetuseks - mõnusad, kuidagi rahustavad pildid! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aitäh :)
      ma olen jah ikka üritanud vähemalt kord kuus end siin ilmutada. aga see tähendab ühtlasi sama ajaraami blogide lugemisel ja osaliselt ka mingite asjade vahelejäämist ja lihtsalt kõige viimase posti lugemist. tahaks küll tihemini ja paremini, aga kui ei jõua, siis ei jõua. õnneks on mul üpris lühike lugemislist ja vähe lemmikuid, kelle tegemistel silm peal hoida :)

      Delete
  8. What a stunning set of photos! The treeline s so majestic amd the colors so complementary--especially the lush green and vibrant red in the baby cones photos. I never knew they were red either! Also, it looks like a perfect day to sunbathe--glad you took advantage of that.

    Your garden is blossoming as well! I can't wait to see what growth summer nurtures :) Your strawberry-dyed hair suits you so well too--it's edgy and sweet.

    Wishing you the loveliest of birthdays and breaks from work--you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for all the kind words, dear Lily :) I will most definitely share more about our garden in future posts.

      Delete
  9. I really love the close up photos! :)

    www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos. Great post

    Happy Friday Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red baby cones are adorable and the pictures are amazing!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lush photos! I'd love to have a camping trip or something soon!

    Hannah xx
    Raspberry Kitsch | UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! a road trip is always a good idea!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday Maiken here on the blog as well! :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Elisabeth :)

      Delete