24.7.16

Birthday recap

Hey y'all! Time has been seriously flying since my last post. And my big birthday is already dusty, spider web covered history but I thought I would still kindly share it with you in today's quick comeback post. And I swear this time I really mean it when I say "quick" because I'm already working on a review where I'm putting a certain beauty device to the test for the very first time in my life. So be prepared for my experience with that "mysterious" gadget but right now I'm going to share a few words about the birthday.


The right day of my big 3-0 was June 14, a Tuesday and also a regular 8,5-hour workday. So I decided to celebrate my birthday on June 18, the next Saturday after the actual day. And since it (obviously) was my biggest birthday so far I picked a cosy little café called Kohvik O (see their online home here) for the extensive feast and family gathering. It's around 30 km from my hometown and there were 11 people around the three round tables.

The menu included parmesan breaded chicken with mint sauce, fresh salad and potato chips for the main course, good old Brita cake for dessert and antipasti, cheese and fruit selection plus lavash rolls for snacks. Kohvik O's food was delicious as always and I can assure you everyone was at least slightly groaning after we had finished. In fact - I kind of miss the main course. Those potato chips with mint sauce were really awesome!

Anyway, the first group of photos, taken at the café, is Pillery's Photography's colourful creation and you can visit her beautiful home page here, Facebook page here and Instagram account here. But the very first photo of today's post was taken with my phone during an almost 24-hour-long blackout we were "lucky" enough to experience after we got home from the party.


Below I also have a second bunch of photos* where for one thing you can see my very simple outfit of the (birth)day. Everything except my good old thrifted jacket came from Tenerife and was super cheap. And then there are 5 random snaps of some of my lovely presents to illustrate today's thematic and slightly relieve some potential curiosity.
*mostly taken by me during the previously mentioned blackout, except those quick outfit snaps the husband took with my phone

 thrifted Zara TRF faux leather jacket | top from Tenerife's HiperDino supermarket | lefties jeans and shoes (on sale here).

So I hope you enjoyed this quick birthday recap and like I already mentioned - a review is coming up next time. Our long-awaited summer vacation is also finally here and so will shortly be our day trip to Helsinki and other cool things. Till next time... which will hopefully definitely come sooner than a month!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post, and I like that you included some of the photos from your special day. Happy belated birthday. Our birthdays are about a month apart. The ceramic rabbit is adorable, lol. Wishing you a great start to the week. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Madison, I'm glad you liked the post :) how did your birthday go by the way??

      Delete
  3. I loved this post, I was waiting for a new post for some days :) Came here around 3 times :) But it was worth, dear Maiken, such a sweet post! I was just now writing a post for Thursday, apart for my usual one on Mondays. I wrote that people are so different, and we don't know what's behind everybody's life. I know some people that at the age of 30 still live like teenagers, but we never know why. You, on the contrary, celebrated your new age with your husband, your family, at work, and this all means so much! So many accomplishments, to go to a new age with so many blessings! You deserve all! I loved your outfit, I loved that it came from Tenerife, apart from the beloved jacket :) I love Laura Ashley and Lindt :) So nice presents, and that rabbit :) wow! You look so beautiful, on the inside and on the outside! Hugs and many nice regards, dear Maiken!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Denise, for all the kind words!! how cool that you also like Laura Ashley and Lindt! Lindt's Lindor milk truffles (the so called red balls) are my huge favourites :P and I just got a red Laura Ashley wallet for myself from a trip to Helsinki!

      Delete
  4. First of all, welcome to my home city! I can't wait to hear all about your trip :) Secondly, I love, love, love your birthday outfit & your hairdo! You've always told me that braids are not for you, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw that you had a braided hairdo on your birthday! You look stunning! I find myself with a braided hairdo as we speak, so needless to say, I think braids are perfect, especially in summertime :) Thank you for stopping by my blog, and once again, congratulations for the big 3-0!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for this cool comment, Elisabeth! I have to add I really love braids but I don't love making complicated ones because I just can't do it, haha. oh and I will definitely share our trip to Helsinki with my readers!

      Delete
  5. Oh what a lovely birthday outfit! and your hairdo !! sooo pretty ♡
    and everything on this table looks sooo delicious ! Looks like it was a really great day ;)

    I have my birthday on Sunday, I hope it will be as lovely as yours !

    Can't wait for the next post ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Catherine ♡
      I would love to hear more about your birthday. I'm sure it was awesome as well!

      Delete
  6. So good to see you back, Maiken! I'm happy that your birthday was full of love and incredible-looking food. I'm seriously drooling over the photos, from the composition itself to the actual food. The colors and shallow depth of field of perfect, and the layout looks so glamorous. It looks like a royal dinner of sorts!

    You were also dazzling as the birthday girl--your braided hair is so intricate and beautiful. The strawberry dye is such a lovely touch--it's so subtly sweet in the photos. I'm also loving the edgy mix of white lace, pointy shoes, and a black leather jacket. You're killing it!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. believe me when I say I seriously miss the birthday food, especially the main course. it indeed was SO delicious!
      and of course thank you very much for the super kind comment! :)

      Delete