11.8.16

My first time ever with Irresistible Me Diamond

Usually I'm not the review writing kind of girl but when Irresistible Me kindly offered an opportunity to collaborate I immediately smelled a cool challenge. In other words I had never in my life straightened my hair using my own two hands... and a flat iron of course. My hairdresser did once straighten those stubborn locks but I remember the result wasn't very durable. So of course I was curious and chose Irresistible Me's professional hair straightener (⇦click to see the original product) and put it to the ultimate test a week ago.



Irresistible Me (their shop link) is a brand based in New York and they specialize in 100% natural Remy clip-in hair extensions, hair accessories and hair tools. The device I chose is a tourmaline flat iron with a digital display and instant heat-up. Its two ceramic plates are coated with crushed diamond particles mixed with tourmaline and this technology should protect your hair and make the styling last longer against air humidity. It gets hot (450°F/230°C) in up to 15 seconds and comes with intelligent heat display that lets you constantly see the temperature, and if necessary, easily change it. All buttons are on the inside, so you don't accidentally change the settings.

This smart dual voltage gadget automatically changes its voltage to the one used in your country and the temperature display suitably to Celsius or Fahrenheit, making it perfect for travelling. But it requires an adapter if you're like me living in Europe and wanting to plug it in. One of the photos below shows you my little scheme with the white adapter which cost 5€ here in my hometown.
 

So in order to make sure if everything Irresistible Me promised was actually true I tried and tested every possible function and button. Do remember it was my first time ever to use a device like that, and it honestly was a piece of cake! I simply turned it on, dialed 190°C (because the maximum temperature 230°C seemed like too much) and started straightening my fairly thick hair. Having thick hair conjointly meant it took me at least half an hour to do the job but at times it seemed like a whole eternity. Anyway, as a successful result my hair remained straight for at least two days - it survived a shower, strong wind, humidity, a serious climb to the top of a 52 metre high lighthouse and a lot more.


Also a few words about the products I used besides Irresistible Me's fancy gadget. The night before straightening I washed my hair and added Oriflame HairX CC cream (product link) before brushing the towel-dried hair with my 2-year-old precious pink Tangle Cherub (product link). After the process of straightening I also used Professional Style hair spray with pro-vitamin B5 (product link). It was the smallest and cheapest (less than a euro) I found from the supermarket but it successfully preserved my straight hair for at least two days without adding anything on the second day and as a nice bonus didn't make my scalp itch.


All in all it was pretty cool to be so sleek and wave-free for a couple of days. I'm sure I will repeat the process and spend some more days like that in the future. But another tough challenge would be making some fancy looking curls with my Diamond hair styler! I already tried a little but those few weren't too fancy so this challenge definitely lies ahead of me. Let me know how you liked this unusually long review and I'll see you already in the next post which will probably be about one of our many recent road or sea trips.

14 comments:

  1. need lokid/lained on küll sinu originaalvinge osa, aga sirged näevad samuti megahead välja! Ausalt, isegi kui ma alati ei eelista sirgeid juukseid, on sirged juuksed hoopis kergemini hooldatavad! Ei teki mingeid pusasid ja lihtsam vaos hoida! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aitäh, Ann! :) minu arvamus ühtib paljuski sinu omaga. need lained on kindlasti osa minust, aga väga lahe oli vahelduseks niivõrd sile ja sirge olla! :D järgmises postituses tuleb kindlasti veel pilte ka, minu teisest sirgest päevast!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you look completely different with straight hair :) You now have two different, both beautiful of course, looks! Well done, keep using it for a change. Small things like that make all the difference in everyday life. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog Maiken! I can't wait to read about your trip to Helsinki :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth! I also felt different, haha :)
      I'm definitely going to write about our day in Helsinki but before that I have a cool Estonian road trip I want to share with my readers :)

      Delete
  3. I was waiting for a post and with so nice pictures, dear Maiken, so nice to be here! I loved this Irresistible Me device, your hair looks great both ways, before and after! Really, I would say that half an hour is an eternity, but now I understand, because you said yoy have fairly thick hair, I didn't know. I must confess that the same procedure takes 5 min for me, no joke. It looks like my hair is thick, but it's the exact opposite - it's really very very thin, to the point that my hairdresser calls it baby hair. The good point is that I have a lot of hair, so all the thin ones together appear to be thick in pictures - thankfully! I never heard of a CC product for hair and the price is very good, well done! I did love your hair i a different way, and you look very beautiful! I hope you have a very nice weekend, dear Maiken, enjoy it wherever you are!
    DenisesPlanet.com - Friday Feelings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for this cool comment, Denise! I'm really 100% surprised when it comes to this interesting story about your hair! straightening your hair takes you 5 minutes??! well that's just crazy! maybe I will get quicker in time too but 5 minutes will still be totally impossible for me, haha. really, from the photos your hair looks just as thick as mine!

      Delete
    2. But it is very thin :) That's why the 5 min! The thing is that fortunately I have a lot of (thin) hair, and then it looks thick, but when you touch it's like what my hairdresser says - baby feather :) Hahaha! Thank you for your reply, you are always so sweet! I loved your hair with the new style! Ah, by the way, I don't drink coffee either!

      Delete
  4. You look very different with straight hair. Gorgeous photos, and yes, it's nice to have wave-free days sometimes. My hair is curly, but I don't like it, therefore I like to straighten it. Thanks so much for your lovely words and visits to the blog. Have a wonderful weekend dear. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you too, Madison! :) have you posted photos of yourself with your natural curly hair? it would be interesting to see! ;)

      Delete
  5. Good to see you back, Maiken! I'm so amazed by how straight hair can totally transform a person's look. I love both wavy and straight hair on you--wavy feels more carefree and bohemian, while straight feels more edgy and serious. And there are always opportunities to play up both sides!

    I'm also in love with the triple piercing on your left ear (or is it one earring? I can't quite tell). Definitely adds to your fierce look!

    Sending you the best of wishes, as always <3

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for this awesome comment, Lily! and I have to say I was also amazed by how straight hair changed my looks so powerfully. it was such a cool experience for me :)
      oh and it indeed is a triple piercing, a very old one but I'm really glad I did it :)

      Delete
  6. Wooow Maiken! You look amazing with both styles, they're both so different! that straightener looks amazing ;)

    I used straightener a lot, but after I realised how warm they were and all the damages that they make (even the once that are supposed "not to"..) I (almost) stopped using them and it's just an occasional thing..but it's still great to change styles sometimes !

    It's pretty cool to read a review on your blog btw, you do that very well!

    PS : sorry for the delay, I was on holidays :P

    ReplyDelete