7.9.16

Laitse Castle and Pakri Lighthouse

Well hello there, guys! Long time, no see so I'm going to cut to the chase like lightning and tell you about a nice little road trip we took on August 5 - two days before our summer vacation was officially over. Our main destination was Laitse Castle which we had randomly discovered only a week ago while driving back home from the husband's grandparents' place and using the shortest route option of my new car's navigation system. Which is always a great adventure! Anyway, after a scrumptious lunch at the castle's beautiful restaurant we drove to Pakri Peninsula and visited Pakri Lighthouse. But more about everything comes below!


So, today's Laitse Castle is a Neo-Gothic manor house built around 1890 by Woldemar von Uexküll but as a matter of fact Laitse manor began life as a separate estate already in 1642. You can read more about it from their home page here. But the reason why we went back in the first place was their restaurant. My chicken and vegetable salad, the husband's roasted pork fillet with baked potato, red onion and carrot strips and our dessert - chocolate lava cake with orange sorbet were all absolutely wonderful. It was definitely one of the best meals we've had in Estonia. The flavours, visual appearance, atmosphere and service - we truly loved the whole experience!


Now, after this nice sunny meal we drove to cloudy Pakri Peninsula, briefly walked on scary, unstable cliffs and then climbed to the top of the 52-metre high (or 73-metre high from the sea level) Pakri Lighthouse, built in 1889 (see the ticket info here). After such meal it wasn't an easy climb but we both made it to the top and could discover the fascinating lantern room and narrow balcony around the lighthouse. I have to confess for a moment it was quite scary to be up there but I'm super happy I did it! How do you guys feel about high places like that?


I would also like to share a few superficial words about my outfit and hair. My dress is actually a tunic and it was bought from a supermarket for only 7€. The brand is called ada gatti and their web page here contains plenty of really awesome pieces. My necklace and sandals are both thrifted and didn't cost a thing for me. Well and the day before our road trip I used Irresistible Me's professional hair straightener (⇦click to see the original product) for my last post's review and as you can see the result really was long-lasting.

 Ray-Ban sunglasses | thrifted necklace | ada gatti tunic/dress | thrifted Ten Points sandals.

So I hope you guys enjoyed today's photo-heavy road trip story and I'm always looking forward to your thoughts and opinions. Right now I have almost no idea how my next post should appear to your eyes but I'm thinking about sharing our boat trip to Helsinki since their Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden is really worth showing to you. So I'll see you in the next post!


11 comments:

  1. I am glad that you shared this post now, dear Maiken! Somehow Bloglovin is not delivering post to my inbox, so I have come to your blog some times during these weeks, and now I am very glad that you told me there would be a new post soon! So glad and to see your two enjoying life, that's excellent! I loved your outfit, and for that price, you always find the best pieces for the best prices! I liked Laitse Castle very much and the food looks aaaaah, amazing! Also the history, of course! Pakri Lighthouse is fabulous! I looove cliffs and heights - and please, do share the Helsinki boat trip! I would love to know about it! Hope you have a lovely day, sweet friend, I have missed your posts!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Denise! I have to admit it - it's pretty awesome to hear someone has missed my (rare) posts! :P and of course I'm happy you liked the post! by the way, maybe you should check your Bloglovin' settings and its Notifications section?

      Delete
  2. You had me at lighthouse, as I love, love, love them! My favorite trip to a lighthouse so far has been this one to the Söderskär lighthouse that inspired a Moomin book: http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/2012/07/friends-are-like-lighthouses-with.html. I naturally love also your photos of the lighthouse, and the food & your hair looks really good as well! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving such nice comments!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ps. I can't wait to read about your trip to my beloved home city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, Elisabeth! I'm really glad you enjoyed the post :) I also read your own lighthouse story and loved it! oh and my post about Helsinki will definitely come, I just have to start working on it! :)

      Delete
  3. Whoa, Maiken! A meal in a castle--how glamorous and delicious-looking :) I'm also in love with the landscapes; I especially love the shot of the craggy cliffs and the shot of voluminous clouds above miles of greenery.

    Fashion-wise, aren't supermarket finds the best? You really rock that fierce print. I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Sending you the best of wishes always!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Lily! I'm happy you enjoyed the post :) and yes, supermarkets can sometimes be really fascinating!

      Delete
  4. Wow what an amazing place! And those plates looks delicious :P
    And those landscapes are breathtaking, looks so quiet..
    I love your outfit too, that tunic is so pretty and perfectly combinated ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Beautiful photos!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool post. Love your dress, the jaguar? leopard? is so dope!

    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, and it's nice to see such a visually packed post. The food looks very good as well and I must say, the printed tunic is my favourite! You look lovely. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete