21.11.16

Līgatne Nature Trails

Hey guys, long time no see! But I'm really glad to be back and if some of you still happen to wonder what I've been up to since my last post then for example from October 10 till 16 we enjoyed a small break from work. During our week off we crossed 3.5 km Lake Saare study trail (link) twice: for starters us two and then already with Elvis. We also spent some wonderful time at Toila Spa Hotel (link) and fell in love with their exclusive sauna complex for adults only. And then we took a road trip to Latvia where we spent several active hours discovering Līgatne Nature Trails, the main topic of today's comeback post. So let's get down to business!

2 photos above and the last photo of this post were taken with Samsung Galaxy J5.
 
Līgatne Nature Trails were established in 1975 and are located in Gauja National Park, on the wild and absolutely picturesque banks of the Gauja River. There are more than 5 km of trails where you can observe wild animals and birds native to Latvia. While discovering the trails visitors have a chance to meet ural owl, eagle owl, tawny owl, pine marten, long-eared owl, brown bear, wild boar, elk, red fox, raccoon dog and more. Animals and birds are brought here from different places in Latvia because they were wounded or domesticated and couldn't survive without human care. Browse more information about Līgatne Nature Trails through Visit Līgatne page here or Latvia Travel page here.

4 photos above were taken by E with his Canon EOS 500D. Everything else below was taken with my Olympus E-520.
 
You can clearly guess who my biggest favourites were when you have a look at today's photos. First of all their wonderful sociable elks easily won my heart and secondly I was downright enchanted when I met their majestic owls. Those hours we spent walking and photographing and wondering were still too short and I know for sure I want to go back to Līgatne Nature Trails and I also want to discover other sights in Līgatne, for example fascinating Vienkoči park (link). And the husband is eager to visit Baltic Bonsai Park (link) in Inčukalns so at least one road trip to Latvia is in store for us in spring 2017!

Depo home improvement center (link) in Valmiera on October 14.
 
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this animal and bird centered post because I loved creating it. Life lately has also included insane times at work, taking another off-hour job for the upcoming months and a thorny path towards a new veranda and a new wardrobe. First the veranda will be completed and then my dream wardrobe will hopefully follow. I hope in December I can at least show you our finished veranda! But for the time being I have hundreds of photos from our older road trips and also everyday snapshots taken with my phone. Let me know if you guys have any special wishes or ideas when it comes to new posts. And see you in the next post of course!


12 comments:

  1. Dear Maiken, soooo good to read your post again, and with so beautiful picture of Ligatne trail! I am glad you went to Saare Lake and Toila Spa and this Ligatne Trail in Latvia seems to be so amazing! The elks seem to be really sociable and the landscape is stunning! By the way, you look so sweet and beautiful! I was amazed by the little house down the forest, a picture you showed and I am glad that you will go to Latvia again next year! In the meantime, complete your veranda, I am eager to see it, and the new wardrobe too! I love that you travel and take so many pictures, so don't worry, show us the pictures you have since October! If you don't have time, don't worry - cause like a blogger said once, and I never forgot, life is what happens when we are not on the web! You are doing it well! Hugs, dear Maiken! Hope you have a very nice week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it looks like quite the escape in the woods! That photo of the owl holding the mouse is a great photo, although it did scare me a bit at first lol. My favorite one is the one where you see all the colorful tree tops! It's like autumn all wrapped up in one photo :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to see you back, Maiken! These photos are so ethereal--the tall pines scattered among the rusty fall foliage peeking through the mist is so beautiful. The animals really do look majestic and serene as well!

    It really sounds like you've been busy--I'm sending you the best of wishes for your veranda and your wardrobe updates :) I'd love to hear more about the wardrobe update. In my personal experience, I end up wearing the same pieces for years (I still wear an 8-year-old t-shirt!), so I think it's high time to do a closet cleanout too!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Love the first one. It's so magical with the tall pine trees! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, look at that wildlife! These nature trails are incredible and I love the snapshots from it :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Maiken, long time no see, haha. I'm so happy to read your post -- beautiful images with nature as always. I am looking forward to visiting friends and family in the countryside soon. Ligatne seems so marvellous as you've captured it so lovely in these photos, and I am a huge fan of owls. I hope your November has been well. Welcome back! xo /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photo of the forest! And I loved the moving moose photo, it's so funny!

    Thank you for your kind support concerning my grief. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Right now I'm concentrating on two emotions: gratefulness & love, I hope they will help me through this difficult time.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh those pictures are so gorgeous! And those colors, fall is definitely showing you his best side ♡
    But you had already snow ? OMG I'm soo not impatient for snow, it's so cold and wet and everything aha ! But I'm excited to see your snowy pictures, it's always so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so beautiful! The hiking looks wonderful, and I love the animal photos! I was like "what does that owl have- eww!" Haha but these photos are great. I totally understand being busy, it can get so hard to keep everything up! Happy to see you still are going on these fun little adventures, I love seeing them! Can't wait to see veranda and dream wardrobe!!

    Francesca
    www.vintagelillies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh...I like those elks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a break out! the nature looks so beautiful and relaxing!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Maiken! I'd like to wish you now a wonderful new year! May you enjoy the new year's eve party, if you celebrate it, and I wish you luck, fun, health, success! Above all, thank you for your friendship and for always being so kind to me! I hope that you are having a great time with your family and may you have lots of trips and new stories to share with us! Happy new year and thank you for all the support you have given to me!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete