6.2.17

Tenerife dreams - a photo diary

Hello and happy February, my dear readers! Once upon a time... or actually in April 2016 I and the husband travelled to Tenerife - the largest of the seven Canary Islands. In this strongly zoological blog post I wrote about their Loro Parque and here I told you about fascinating Mount Teide. But now that we have pretty much spontaneously booked our next travel destinations next to the wonderful turquoise blue Adriatic Sea I really feel like sharing our nostalgic and dreamy Tenerife photo diary with you. Therefore I have compiled three groups of photos: in the first bunch snaps from our hotel in Costa Adeje, secondly quite a few lovely moments mostly captured during our endless walks, and thirdly, of course, a colourful and delicious selection of what we ate!


So we stayed at H10 Costa Adeje Palace (link) and absolutely loved our hotel and its Privilege package system. If you're interested you can read more about the package here but some of our personal favourite privileges were the exclusive Privilege lounge with unlimited cold beer and compelling potato chips, chill-out area with spectacular sea view and sun lounger service (plus yummy cocktails!) and incredible Sakura Teppanyaki restaurant where dishes were made to order on the show cooking griddles. Also, be aware of the fact I seriously wanted to cry when we had to leave our hotel...


Anyway, as I already mentioned we walked quite a lot - according to my simple pedometer our result was about 75 kilometres/101612 steps/2506 calories. But we're already ambitiously planning to outdo it during our exciting Balkans trip in May. So, here come some of the cool places we visited in the process of our adventures on the colourful streets of Tenerife: Playa de las Américas, Los Cristianos, Siam Mall (link) and Garden Center Playa Fañabé (link). What we unfortunately missed this time was the 2.2 km Camino de la Virgen hiking trail we noticed just before leaving. But no worries, the husband said we're going to discover this trail the next time we're visiting Tenerife.


And finally our food stories. We had breakfast at our hotel's El Jable buffet restaurant and for dinner we had three different options inside the hotel: El Jable (buffet) restaurant (collage 1), La Tosca à la carte restaurant (collage 2) and Sakura Teppanyaki Asian restaurant (collage 3). Sakura Teppanyaki served the coolest six course dinner where all six dishes were made to order on the show cooking griddles. We had miso and tofu soup, selection of sushi, salmon and stir-fried vegetables with soy sauce, furutsu sorbet, beef roll with mushrooms and egg-fried rice and ice cream flambé and we both absolutely loved the experience!

We also visited Burger King for the first time and had our first Whoppers there. Our verdict - we would eat them again! And another local restaurant we put to the test was Torito Grill (link) which we also really enjoyed. Their service was flawless and the husband loved those icy complimentary drinks!


So I hope you enjoyed today's enormous photo diary and my observations and thoughts. I'm curious - do you guys travel? If yes then what's your next destination and which one was your last destination? Let me know your thoughts and see you in the next post which will probably be slightly snowy for a change!

12 comments:

  1. Dear Maiken, I love when you post, I really check every week, and now I am so glad to see so many beautiful pictures and to learn more about this trip and place! I can imagine why you were nearly crying when you had to leave the hotel, it's simply amazing! Tenerife does look fantastic and everything you showed - the food, that made me sooo hungry! The burgers for the first time also looked nice and I loved all the pictures! You look always beautiful and these photos are so relaxed, I like the atmosphere! I tell you, the Camino de la Virgen seems interesting - next time you can do it! I want to visit the Sakura Teppanyaki restaurant, too! So, I hope you are fine, and that maybe soon you can go back to Tenerife? It really seems like a place that one can visit more than once, for sure! Hope you have a very nice week, dear Maiken!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for the sweet comment, Denise! :) we're not going back to Tenerife this year because we have already booked our next destinations but maybe next year it will happen :) haha and thinking about all that food makes me hungry as well since everything really was super delicious! and Sakura Teppanyaki in our hotel indeed was awesome!

      Delete
  2. Maiken, how lovely it was to see your blog visit. As always, this type of post from you is a treat for us all. I just popped over the H10 site and they seem to have beautiful packages. The black and white photos are my favourite here amongst others, and it looks like such a great place to holiday. Currently, I travel mostly for only work. Have a great February! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Madison! I'm happy you liked the post. and I totally agree when it comes to H10 hotels! I 100% recommend them!

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog post, the photos are stunning! Your package sounds wonderful indeed. I've never considered going to the Tenerife, just because so many Finns go there, haha, but this post actually made me consider going there one day. Our next trip is to Italy, in April, no surprise there. And my last one? Oh my, due to the pregnancy & having a baby, it's been a long time since my last trip abroad. But I could never forget my trip to New York, thanks to all the romantic & magical things that happened there <3
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. If you end up getting a house shelf, I would love to see it on the blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    https://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the lovely comment, Elisabeth! ♥ I often feel the same when we travel somewhere but luckily the hotels we have chosen haven't been other Estonians' choice, if you know what I mean ;) I can't remember hearing any Finns either by the way. I think you and your family would really like Tenerife :) oh and I haven't told my husband about the house shelf yet, haha. I definitely will though!

      Delete
  4. Omg now I just wish summer could be tomorrow... Tenerife is so beautiful ! As always the pictures are gorgeous and reminds me that I need holidays like right now ahaha !
    I note the hotel, looks like such a nice place !
    I hope the weather isn't too ugly in Estonia right now..

    ♡ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Catherine! ♥ our weather is not that bad actually. snow is melting and spring's approaching ;) but of course I'm still waiting for our trip in May!

      Delete
  5. Maiken! I'm so sorry I'm just now getting to this post--I've been so behind on blog reading! I'm totally loving the lush landscapes in these photos--the palm leaves and wispy clouds against the blue skie make me crave summer. The weather in the UK is mostly cloudy and rainy, so I can't wait for my term break when I travel to sunnier regions :) I also can't wait to swim! I love your bathing suit by the way--the bandeau has always been a personal favorite. Your high bun hairstyle is a perfect complement--it's the quintessential warm-weather hairstyle.

    I can't wait for more gorgeous photos and food adventures. I totally laughed when you said you enjoyed Burger King--we all need our fast-food fix every now and then!

    Sending you the best <3 I'm excited to be facebook friends with you now haha.

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the super sweet comment, dear Lily! ♥
      you're so right about the fast food fix, haha! and yes, Facebook friends and now also Instagram friends ;)

      Delete
  6. Uau, these photos look beautiful! I would love to escape to Tenerife right now! Really miss Summer and that hot, sunny weather so much... Would you go back this April?
    And yes, I do love traveling, as well. My last destination was Madrid this January and I might travel again this Summer but not sure where, yet. Since I didn't have the chance to have Summer holidays at all last year, I'm very looking forward to this year! What about you, do you have any plans? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Joana! so nice to see you here! :) Madrid sounds great! would really love to go there one day!
      we can't go back to Tenerife in April because we already booked our next adventure and it's going to be in May as I secretly mentioned in my post ;) it will be a Balkans trip this time - we fly to one country and then drive to another where our hotel is :)

      Delete