21.2.17

Valentine's Day photoshoot ♥

Hey, guys! I know I promised to share something snowy with you for a change but our little family had an amusing Valentine's Day photoshoot with lovely Pillery on February 11 and of course it's worth sharing in the first place. Plus today the snow is thankfully gone! So I went through as many as 120 cute photographs and picked 62 favourites for printing and putting in our family album and frames and then out of those 62 selected the special ten you can see below.

But how did we end up in the studio of Tartu Art College in the first place? Well, that's very simple – Pillery gave us her gift card for Christmas and since Valentine's Day was approaching next it seemed like the perfect occasion with all the pink and red heart shaped balloons. The three of us prepared that cheerful background and I'm really happy with the outcome! If you want to learn more about Pillery's Photography, visit her artistic home page here, Facebook page here and Instagram account here. By the way, she also shoots underwater and you can see those unusual galleries through her impressive portfolio here.


But I also have a special bonus prepared for you today - a selection of priceless, never before seen photos from the last three months of year 2008 when our relationship had just started and I didn't have a blog yet. I didn't even change those old school editing masterpieces I had created back then and actually I believe they're not the worst ones out there. Anyway, all the photos below were taken in 2008 from October to December during our first months together when he was 19 and I was 22.

We moved together on January 16 in 2010 (see my blog post in Estonian here) and adopted Elvis three months later on April 16 (blog post in Estonian here). We got engaged in 2012 and married on September 5 in 2015 (see my stories about it here) so we've been together for nearly 8,5 years! It hasn't always been an easy journey but I believe everything happens for a reason and pulling through together makes us only stronger. I think you know you're with the right person when this person is your rock during the toughest times of your life but you also want to spend your happiest moments with that person and feel incomplete without him.


So I hope you guys enjoyed today's slightly expired Valentine's post and I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it! I'm not sure if my next post will be a snowy one or not, I'm going to think about it! By the way, my gardening adventures have started again and this year I have some pretty exotic plant babies in my collection. Will introduce them to you if you're interested! Plus I'm also thinking about an enormous thrift shop haul. So I guess we'll see what it's going to be! Enjoy your last month of winter, guys, and see you in the next post!

ps! A miracle has happened - I'm finally on Instagram! My username is maikenteesalu and I have a serious plan to set this account going so find me and follow me because a cool bonus photo from our Valentine's Day photoshoot is already waiting for you there!

22 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that there is a post now, and so sweeeet! So very sweet, dear Maiken, how cool and lovely! I will definitely check Pillery's pictures after I write the comment :) I am amazed by the sweet pictures, you all did a great job, the balloos, Elvis, you wearing those amazing shoes! I loved the red outfit and you two - or three, with Elvis - look sooooo beautiful together! And I love your hair! It was also so nice to see your pictures from when you have just started dating, you two didn't age! I will also check the posts in Estonian! I agree with you, the ones who are by our sides on tough days, family, friends, husband, these are the ones who are our rocks, that are meant to be with us, and I am amazed that time flies so fast - it seems it was just yesterday that I saw your wedding pictures, and it was in 2015!!!! I really loved the Valentine's pictures and I hope you have a very nice day, dear Mainen! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the sweet comment, dear Denise! ❤ I agree - time does fly incredibly fast, it's crazy! I think the older you get the faster time flies, or at least it seems to be like that and people around my age or older often feel it and say it too.

      Delete
  2. beautiful photoset and relaxing time! gorgeous guys!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww these photos came out sooo cute, especially the ones of Elvis ;) We all know he's the star of the show lol. It's always interesting looking back at old photos. It looks like you were a big fan of hats! I really like the one you're wearing in the picture where you're wearing the red and black skirt :) And welcome to Instagram, finally :D I'm officially following you!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Mili! I must agree when it comes to Elvis being the star of the show and me being a big fan of hats back then. today it's just so much easier to use a hood, haha.

      Delete
  4. Awww, you two are so cute! Aand wow, congrats on the 8.5 years together - cheers to more! :)
    I love love love that Valentine themed shoot and that you got your pup in on it too hehe.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for those super sweet words, Linda! ❤

      Delete
  5. Ooooh that photoshoot is soooo cute ! You all look amazing on those pictures ♡
    And it's so cool to see some "old" pictures of you :) A relationship isn't easy at all, it's so sweet to see your evolution ! Wishing you two all the happiness in the world ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the sweet words, Catherine ♥♥ I agree when it comes to relationships. keeping it and taking care of it can be tough at times but it's totally worth it!

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely photo shoot, you both look great! And Elvis, he looks adorable modeling for the camera :) And how was he with all the balloons?
    We all have those cringy photo masterpieces, they were so cool back in the day with all the effects and "stickers" available haha!
    Congrats on 8.5 years together :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words, Joana! :) Elvis was such a good boy in the studio. he wasn't too happy when a couple of balloons exploded and it echoed but even then we could not complain about him :) by the way, when it comes to those "stickers" - I added them on purpose, haha. they were not there in 2008 but I do get what you mean. I also had some worse masterpieces :D

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! He does look great in front of the camera and it seems like he was enjoying himself haha :) x

      Delete
  7. Aww this is such a cute, sweet post! I love the idea of a Valentine's Day photo shoot, so cute and it is an awesome holiday! You look adorable in pink as well. And these photos from when you started dating are soo sweet! I love looking back at people's old photos. You guys look so happy and in love (now too!) Hope you had an amazing Valentine's Day!!

    Francesca
    www.vintagelillies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for such a sweet comment, Francesca ♥ I'm happy you liked the post! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, wow, I thought I commented on this. I am glad that I checked back. What an absolutely adorable photo shoot, and how fun to have one for Valentine's Day. Yes, saw you on Instagram, welcome to IG, hehe. I hope that the new month of March is treating you well so far. Looking forward to your garden adventures, we've only had herbs and spices for us this year and a few different peppers last harvest. Thanks for sharing, as always! :-) x
    /Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Madison! :) I'm glad you liked the post! by the way, I will definitely tell about mine but I would really love to read about your garden adventures as well!

      Delete
  9. beautiful photos, such a cute couple :)
    Sonia
    www.soniaaicha.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute are those older photos <3 Priceless, thanks for sharing them! And Happy Valentine's Day afterwards, because you know here in Finland it's also known as Friend's Day! Your photo shoot looks lovely, love the green outfit you wore! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, and well done joining Instagram! I hope to see your ruffle dresses on the blog, if you decided to get some for yourself :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the lovely comment, Elisabeth! :) I'm happy you enjoyed the post. oh and in Estonia Valentine's Day = Friend's Day (Sõbrapäev) as well! but when it comes to ruffle dresses I searched for them (through Aliexpress) but unfortunately didn't find anything as pretty as yours so didn't order any!

      Delete
  11. so cute!!! just simply gorgeous :)

    ephemeralfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete