21.3.17

Bits and pieces - a miscellaneous photo post


Hello and happy March, my dearest readers! I hope you can already smell the freshly arrived spring outside because I certainly can, slowly but surely, with plenty of wind and rainfall but it still feels so much better than winter. Beautiful snowdrops have settled in our front yard and the little lilac hedge in our back yard is covered in big green buds. And my green fingers totally start to itch when I think about setting up our new bigger and better box garden, reviving the greenhouse and seeing how the flowerbeds are starting to turn green after their annual hibernation. And today's post is going to be a diverse one because the photos I wanted to share just don't make a unified group. There will be gardening and sowing, quick glimpses of our fresh veranda, a generous shoe haul, an outfit and even some forgotten snow from February.

So let's begin with the girly stuff! My simple and casual outfit of the day dates back to February 25 and that's how I usually look like during all the colder days - wearing jeans with a sweatshirt/sweater/cardigan. By the way, I got two new pairs of footwear from the sales before taking those photos - Timberland boots and VICES shoes. My burgundy red Timberland winter boots were around 66€ and I must confess that ever since I bought my very first pair of Timberland boots in January 2016, the ones I'm wearing in the photo below, I can't even think about getting any other winter boots! Do any of you, readers, know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, those beautiful pastel pink suede shoes from VICES cost only 7€ and I think they're absolutely gorgeous. You should definitely check out their pretty web page for serious heaps of beautiful footwear! Oh and on March 1 I got absolutely crazy with golden hues and sales and purchased those shiny 10€ flats from Reserved and also those Stefano Sabella leather boots for 12€! I guess my spring is going to be pink and golden!

Ray-Ban sunglasses | thrifted ESPRIT scarf | Aliexpress sweatshirt (link) | thrifted Levi's jeans | Timberland boots.


Anyway, let's talk about the second half of today's post. Of course I've gathered some new seeds for the new gardening season and today mostly paprikas/peppers, (cherry) tomatoes, eggplants, leeks and some marigolds, cresses and forget-me-nots are slowly growing. Plus a persimmon, an avocado and some papayas from the seeds we picked from fruits we have eaten. Two early cucumbers are growing too. But almost a month has already passed since taking this photo of my plant babies! So I'll take fresh photos after I've moved my plants from upstairs to downstairs where they're going to settle in our new veranda which you can also peek from today's photos.


Then there are a couple of snowy shots from February 5 when we visited E's grandparents for a weekend to celebrate his grandmother's birthday. You can also see some rosemary and sage from the veranda, evergreen parsley from the greenhouse and of course a mandatory photo of Elvis being extra cute on the stairs. I think it's his favourite place in the whole house because he can see right to the street from there. People, cars, animals, birds - he loves saying what he thinks about them!


So I hope you guys enjoyed today's slightly hectic post because I really felt like such recap was much needed. By the way, have you already found me on Instagram? If not use the banner on the right sidebar because I definitely post more there than I do here. Let me know your thoughts on today's post and see you in the next one as always!


8 comments:

  1. Dear Maiken, I love when you update the blog! I really do, you know this (or so I hope!) I come here every week to check and I am very happy that there's a post now (Bloglovin sometimes is not delivering posts to me, strange. That's why I come here to be sure of a new post). I loved the recap and the first picture, you should frame - it's so beautiful! I loved the pink sweater! You look like an angel! I loved that the Vices pair of shoes cost 7 euros, what? So good and beautiful! Both pink and golden are lovely. The price for the Timberland boots were reasonable, fair. 66 for so good quality is really good - I love Timberland and your boots look great! There are time in the winter that I really dress in jeans and a sweater and boots, the whole week long. It's so comfortable! Loed to see your plants and seeds, and the veranda whhere they will sit, so big, so good! And s nice that you went to E's grandparents and oooohhh, Elvis is such a cutie! What for a sweet photo! So I hope that March is being a great month for you, dear Maike, and that you enjoy spring a lot! Hope you have a lovely day and weekend, soon!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Denise! I'm really glad you loved the post and at the same time I feel a tiny bit bad too because my posts are so rare and people have to wait and wait and wait. well, I should better start working on a new post instead of only thinking about it! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely floral & plant photos! I love spring because it make everything come to life again, after the long winter. Such a happy season! And those pink & golden shoes - I love them all! Great choices! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving me such wonderful comments :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elisabeth! I'm glad you liked the post and my new shoes. I can't wait to start wearing them on the streets!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love those posts ♡ Always so nice to discover little bits of your life
    Spring is coming and it feels so good ! I love those pretty shoes and your cute pink doggy sweat.
    Btw, I see a little cacti that is soooo cute (I'm love them aha)
    ♡ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Catherine ♥ I'm happy you liked the post. by the way, you should see the windowsill in my kitchen - there's more cute cacti - even six of them I think! ;)

      Delete
  4. How lovely to see all of these wonderful images and an update from you. I love plants and we have some newcomers in our garden. You have found some marvellous pieces, especially the Timberland boots, and you aer right, they are good boots for winter and also a great brand. This week has been quite busy for me so I am looking forward to slowing down on the weekend. Thanks for sharing. x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Madison! I'm happy you enjoyed the post and I would really like to hear more about those newcomers in your garden. do share them if you can!

      Delete