2.5.17

My April moments

Hey, everyone who's still reading this perhaps a little abandoned blog nest! I always appreciate it and I thought I would share some of my April moments with you before May totally takes over and brings lots of fresh material to the table. So, without further ado I'm going to start off with the beginning of April, i.e. April 2-11. We prepared our greenhouse for the very slowly approaching new gardening season, even replaced all the soil with a new, more fertile one. I also scattered some mizuna, crimson lettuce, radish and spinach seeds under the shade cloth and they were successfully growing when I last checked.

Beautiful blue hepaticas in our flowerbed have reproduced and lately, out of nowhere I discovered a handful of really cool pink ones next to them. Our plant babies for the greenhouse, balcony and garden are persistently growing as well and to wrap up our beginning of April on a completely different note we tried those overly sweet tutti frutti and caramel donuts which fulfilled our donut appetite for a very long time... or just until we come across some really irresistible ones again.


Now, the second group of April moments contains snaps taken between April 12 and 27. First two I captured during one of my quick lunchtime walks near the work place. By the way, last Thursday was the historical day when I walked home from work for the first time. Me, a complete car person! It took me around half an hour compared to the 5-10 minutes it takes with the car but to tell you the truth it was totally worth it and I did it again on Friday and will do it again today.

On April 14 we visited E's grandparents who live at a decent distance of 200 km from us. Their dachshund Tuks turned 10 years old that weekend. Conjointly we visited our favourite garden centre Hansaplant where the husband suddenly discovered himself in the middle of the carnivorous plants paradise and brought four new ones home with him. We didn't actually celebrate Easter but I bought those pretty daffodils and a couple of kind relatives gave us some festive treats as well. And April 20 I spent in our capital town where I got smarter and afterwards trained all my colleagues. I also walked around 8 km that day and did some sale shopping in Stockmann before taking the last train home.


So I hope you guys enjoyed today's photo post. I haven't been the most active photographer lately but I seriously hope it's going to immediately change in May because our Adriatic Sea holiday is just around the corner! We're going to try a quite new Sheraton hotel this time and I'm really excited! Wish us luck and beautiful weather and see you in the next post!

7 comments:

  1. It's always so lovely to see what you have been up to. Been a bit busy for me lately. But I am happy to see your blog visits. I'm sure hopefully you will be able to get some photographing in May on holiday. The blue hepaticas are wonderful & vibrant, I've seen pinkish ones and would love some. Thanks for sharing! xo/Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting, Madison! :) I and the husband made thousands of photos actually, haha. I think I have to make one post per every day of our holiday because otherwise it would be really tricky to share all the photos I would like to share. I guess we'll see how everything goes :P

      Delete
  2. Love the first picture of you and your dog - so funny! :) Looking forward to see your work in the greenhouse grow. It sounds like such a relaxing hobby and it must be so much better eating things you planted and helped grow, right?
    And go you for walking to work! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the lovely comment, Joana! :) growing your own food feels great and it really is a relaxing hobby :) you can actually grow some in an apartment too, by the way!

      Delete
  3. Lovely greenhouse photos! And the moving gif image is super cute!
    I laughed at the car point, I couldn't be less of a car person, I don't even have a driver license. In Helsinki, you don't really need a car because the public transport system is so good, and we also live quite central so it's even easy to walk to the city center from here (it takes about 30 minutes).
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I hope you have a great holiday!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://helsinkidragonfly.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words, Elisabeth! :)
      we have two cars, at one point we even had three, haha. my husband mostly works 50 km from home and he travels with his tools so a car is something he needs every day. we also move between other towns quite a lot and can't do it with public transport (way too slow or even impossible). we mostly use my economic car for long trips to Latvia or the capital town and his jeep for landscape trips and cases when we have to use the trailer (we build a lot, haha). so yeah, can't live a normal life without cars, at least our life would be really complicated. don't even want to think about it, haha.

      Delete
  4. such cool pics, your dogs are too cute

    www.melinadulce.com

    ReplyDelete